PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Brady Step Up And Win This Game For The Pats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
These receivers are not rookies, and they know the ropes, and how to play the game.... if they are being dealt bad hands, then change the dealer, plain and simple.

They're being dealt bad hands because they're not playing with a full deck. Caldwell is mediocre, Brown is old, Gaffney is a trash-heap pickup, Jackson isn't ready, and Gabriel was slow and not particularly bright.

Caldwell and an old, overworked Troy Brown are the only legitimate NFL wide receivers on the roster (Jackson's still a prospect, if this was the NHL or MLB he'd be doing his time in the minors). I don't agree with alot of McDaniels' playcalling, but I also think Brady's handcuffed by receivers. I'm willing to bet that YAC is significantly down this year besides with Watson. This is because even when Brady does manage to complete a pass, the guy doesn't have enough separation to turn it upfield. Say what you want about Branch (I never thought he was anything more than an above average receiver, so don't call me a Branch fanboy), but at least he could get separation. Givens could too because of his strength... unlike these current receivers, Givens would fight off jams at the line, while Branch was too quick to be jammed. Troy tends to play in the slot because his quickness has gone with age so he can be jammed playing on the wings, and Caldwell gets jammed too often. Like someone else said, watch the other team's corners... they play tight against the Patriots' receivers and stop them.

This usually gives the opposing defensive line (especially when faced with beasts like Jason Taylor) time to get to Brady. Either way, the receivers are covered or pressure forces an errant throw. Brady does well despite his receivers, not because of them. Playcalling isn't that off... the receivers are pros, as you said, therefore they should be able to get separation on any particular route. Except they're garbage.

I was one person who thought the Patriots should have gone after Moss at the trading deadline. He may be a cancer in the lockerroom, but his talent and the fear he instills in opposing defenses is undeniable. He should be available for next to nothing at the end of the season. Maybe a 5th round pick and they have one of the, if not the, best receiver in the game for the best QB in the game in his prime.

I was one person who thought the Patriots should have gone after Moss at the trading deadline. He may be a cancer in the lockerroom, but his talent and the fear he instills in opposing defenses is undeniable. He should be available for next to nothing at the end of the season. Maybe a 5th round pick and they have one of the, if not the, best receiver in the game for the best QB in the game in his prime.

But we already have several wideouts who can drop the long pass

The best quarterback in football would plainly assert himself and win a crucial late season game against a dubious opponent. If Brady still is the best, as many here claim on a regular basis, then he has no more time to develop, improve, or refine anything; now is the moment Brady must excel. Brady didn't play well last year in Denver and since then he has not looked anything like the best QB in football in the Pat's big games except for the tilt in Cincy.

This is Brady's time to restate his dominance to the league and his team. At some point a superstar needs to put on his cape and drag everyone around him to a higher level. Brady hasn't had the skill he's used to on the outside, and he has seemed at odds with his OC, but Brady isn't getting paid $17million/yr to be an accomplice in mediocrity. He is being paid to be better than anyone around him.

The truth is that if the Pat's lose this game the players will worry this team isn't headed for another SB, too many doubts will have remained unaswered for that kind of confidence to be instilled. But Brady is the lone player on our squad who has the distinct ability to rise above any supposed limitations and play at a level no one else on the field can match. He's done it before, now is the time to do it again.

This has to be one of the dumbest comments I have seen in a long time...

So I guess brady is suppose to throw it, catch it and block all at the same time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots