PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Brady be a fantasy STUD this year?

VJCPatriot

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
With Moss, Stallworth, and Welker to throw to Brady finally has the weapons to compete with the Peyton Mannings of the world. The only uncertainty is that these are all new parts in the offense. But considering the fact that Brady managed to lead the league in passing yardage a couple of years ago with a duo of Branch and Givens, would it be any surprise if Brady turns out to be one of the top 3 fantasy QBs statistically this year, if not THE top fantasy QB?

Your thoughts?

I don't expect him to put up Manning type numbers because he won't need to. 27 points will easily win most of our games IMO whereas Manning will need that, minimum, to be close in his. I didn't realize Brady led the leage in yards a few years ago but I see a lot of 4th quarters when we're running out the clock.

So my answer is NO but he will be a very good fantasy QB.

I expect Brady to be at least in that 2nd tier of top QBs. And you never know, he might surprise. Of course getting Moss healthy is probably the key to this. The Moss injury puts a damper on the offensive potential.

He'll definitely be a fantasy stud, but I think it will take a few weeks for him to really get in sync with Moss, Stallworth, et al. I'd say he'll be top 3 (fantasy-wise) by the end of the year.

Wow looks like my prediction was right on the money.

Brady's fantasy stats on yahoo:
Projected Actual Yds TD Int Yds TD Yds TD Yds TD 2PT Lost Fan Pts
Tom Brady
(NE - QB) 36 12 576 6 1 6 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 70.0

Compare to Peyton Manning:
Offense Action Opp Owner Projected Actual Yds TD Int Yds TD Yds TD Yds TD 2PT Lost Fan Pts
Peyton Manning
(Ind - QB) 12 29 600 4 1 -2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 67.8

Last edited:
I think he will be in the top three along with Manning and Palmer. Although I think towards the middle of the year you will see Manning and Palmers numbers go above Bradys' because those teams don't have a defense and will have to continue to sling it around whereas Brady will probably hand off alot at the end of the game.

Just in case anyone's keeping track - I was wrong on this one :D

Everybody was wrong on this one. It's one thing to predict Brady will have a stud season along the lines of 35-40 TDs for the year (well above his career highs). It's completely another to predict he'll have 30 TDs at the halfway mark. Seriously, who was making that prediction?

Regards,
Chris

You can count me in on being wrong here too. Little did anyone know what BB had in store for the entire NFL. :eek: :singing:

Well I thought he was going to be a stud but I didn't know he was going to break the record books! LOL. SWEET!

Last edited:
we targeted him and got him in the early third round of our 14-team draft... a league that allows a RB flex, making backs imperative in the first two rounds...

after this offseason, i certainly was convinced Tom Brady was clearly the best 1-3 QB in football this fall... especially how mad he had to have been in losing that AFC title game... but also, i just don't like Manning and wouldn't have targeted him... and when the Bengals lost Levi Jones and Willie Anderson during the summer, Palmer was a downer ... on my boards anyway... Brady was the logical choice, you could even argue as a second rounder ... i felt extremely fortunate to sneak away with him at 32 overall...

he's willed us to a couple victories just on his own, despite an injury-devastated lineup (Gore, Jevon W., Andre J.) that's left us an uninspiring 7-5..... on several weeks, Brady has been two scorers in 1...

Faulk-like... Priest-like, if you will...

he's league MVP, ... it's laughable to say otherwise... ...

Last edited:

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back