PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Boise State OLB Shea McClellin send the Pats back to the M or W 1st round trend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
It's well known that Nate Solder ended an 8 year in a row trend of the Pats using their first round pick on a player whose last name ends with an M or a W.

Could that trend revive itself again this year?....OLB Shea McClellin of Boise State seems to be a player the Pats should consider and at a low first round pick,he seems a possibility of being selected by the Pats,he is fast,plays the 3-4 and might be the missing link up front.

I don't see a W possibility in the first round so this M is my guess for the pick and to bring back the MW trend which has worked out almost perfectly except for Maroney :cool:

Whitney Mercilus is a possibility too,but Shea might be a better fit.

Last edited:
Re: Will Boise State OLB Sean McClellin send the Pats back to the M or W 1st round tr

I've taken McCellin off my first round player list because of the multiple concussions. If I had access to all his medical data he might even be off my board entirely.

Our first round draft pick needs to start with a B.

Re: Will Boise State OLB Shea McClellin send the Pats back to the M or W 1st round tr

It's well known that Nate Solder ended an 8 year in a row trend of the Pats using their first round pick on a player whose last name ends with an M or a W.

Could that trend revive itself again this year?....OLB Shea McClellin of Boise State seems to be a player the Pats should consider and at a low first round pick,he seems a possibility of being selected by the Pats,he is fast,plays the 3-4 and might be the missing link up front.

I don't see a W possibility in the first round so this M is my guess for the pick and to bring back the MW trend which has worked out almost perfectly except for Maroney :cool:

McClellin, not McClellim. ;)

Re: Will Boise State OLB Sean McClellin send the Pats back to the M or W 1st round tr

I've taken McCellin off my first round player list because of the multiple concussions. If I had access to all his medical data he might even be off my board entirely.

Our first round draft pick needs to start with a B.

Shea McClellin: '1 1/2 Concussions,' Zierlein: Lock for 1st Round in NFL Draft | Bleacher Report

Two concussions, one minor, and none since he switched helmets.

Re: Will Boise State OLB Shea McClellin send the Pats back to the M or W 1st round tr

I don't know, but I feel like making this bold proclamation:

If the New England Patriots select Whitney Mercilus in the first round of the 2012 NFL Draft with any of Branch, McClellin, Still, Reyes available, I, Elijah, will kill myself in the most gruesome of manners.

Last edited:

I wouldn't touch this guy unless he fell to our 2nd pick in the 2nd round. Wayyyy overrated.

OP is living in the past. S is the way of the future. Harrison Smith and Devon Still in round 1 and we'll be picking 32 next year.

There's a bigger trend then going back 18 years that will supersede this. The Patriots haven't taken an OLB in the first round since Willie McGinest in 1994.

I wouldn't touch this guy unless he fell to our 2nd pick in the 2nd round. Wayyyy overrated.

Really don't know what tape you've been watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes