PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will BB Talk Up the Jets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FSUPatsFan

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
We all know that BB loves to talk up the opposition and make every opponent seem like the '85 Bears. Do you think he'll talk up the Jets this week. More specifically, will he say the Jets are "well coached," like he does with every other team? BB has a way of withholding information, but still letting you know what he really thinks in his press conferences. I think it'll be interesting to see how he talks up the Jets this week.

On a side note, how in the world is he going to talk up the 0-14 Dolphins next week?

Kellen Clemens is a great looking young quarterback
Revis is really turning into an excellent cornerback
Washington is a tremendous threat both in the offense and on special teams
Harris has been great all year and is playing even better lately
Excellent coaching staff
"They beat the Steelers"

Last edited:
Maybe something like....

"They are always a tough team and is never an easy opponent (yeah right). We play them twice every season and they know us as good any any team we play. I expect them to play to win, so we have to be prepared for a hard game. I expect nothing less than a hard-fought game."

Kellen Clemens is a great looking young quarterback
Revis is really turning into an excellent cornerback
Washington is a tremendous thread both in the offense and on special teams
Harris has been great all year and is playing even better lately
Excellent coaching staff
"They beat the Steelers"

OH MAN, YOU FOUND THE BLUEPRINT!!!!

Maybe something like....

"They are always a tough team and is never an easy opponent (yeah right). We play them twice every season and they know us as good any any team we play. I expect them to play to win, so we have to be prepared for a hard game. I expect nothing less than a hard-fought game."

You forgot the obligatory praise for most or all of their positional and ST units.

Also, he'll probably mention the game in which the Jets destroyed the Pats not that long ago.

Also, he'll probably mention the game in which the Jets destroyed the Pats not that long ago.

I'm a little hazy on THAT particular game..."destroyed"?...in THIS century?

Yeah, they are reall good on "both sides of the ball". :rolleyes:

Count on it. Total downplay of the upcoming RATbowl hype and build up of the Jets as a solid divisional rival, and divisional games always being the most difficult yada yada yada.

I think he only needs to say 2 things:

1) With this win, we get HFA

2) This one is PERSONAL, I wanna DESTROY the Rats!

:D

I'm a little hazy on THAT particular game..."destroyed"?...in THIS century?

Destroyed. Edged. Whatever. :)

BB sure will obscure the difference ...

(I was mixing up the Fins and Jets there ...)

Wouldn't you love to hear (In BB monotone press conference voice) "Jets are a bad football team, bad in all 3 facets of the game, outplayed...outcoached... only won 1 road game all season and that was Miami.... plan to roll over them too.... Giants are a tough football team..." just to hear the collective gasps from the press?

Please do it Bill! I'd even buy the new overstuffed down coat you were wearing today at the pro shop and I'm in Florida!

"They're a lot better than their record. A good football team." (Meaning: If they had a decent coach they wouldn't be so crappy.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back