PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will BB take a gamble on bloodlines again this draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No he's not. They're not related at all.

I say they are:

chung.jpg

3490957.jpg

Last year I referred to these as "Legacy picks".

Yeah, the term "bloodlines" makes me squirm, like we're breeding racehorses. I've always called this checkbox "football family." It's not necessarily just the son of an NFL star, but a guy who was raised in the game -- the son of a coach, for instance. I do think that's a plus in BB's evaluation.

Yeah, the term "bloodlines" makes me squirm, like we're breeding racehorses. I've always called this checkbox "football family." It's not necessarily just the son of an NFL star, but a guy who was raised in the game -- the son of a coach, for instance. I do think that's a plus in BB's evaluation.

It might be a plus, but I don't believe its as big of a factor as the OP would like us to believe. He brings it across as if their "bloodlines" were the determining factor in their being drafted. And I don't believe that is the case.

It might be a plus, but I don't believe its as big of a factor as the OP would like us to believe. He brings it across as if their "bloodlines" were the determining factor in their being drafted. And I don't believe that is the case.

If Matthews is drafted it comes more interesting to this theory,although Matthews as our #1 pick would not be shocking whatsover - In fact I expect Clay to be #23

I used the term "legacy" in the context of say a frat house..... A name can get you in the door when everything else is relatively equal. I also think BB has changed his thinking about these guys and the way he drafts after winning SBs......his ego/complacency could be letting him think he can coach ANYONE into a player on his football team. I say this because I think its possible he COULD! With all the changes on and off the field and the product remaining keeps winning games.....

Couldn't resist the obvious.

Connor Barwin - God

Seriously, I'll be surprised if we taken C.Matthews Jr. at 23 or 34. The guys you mentioned were late round picks. Not going to risk a first on bloodlines. When their is plenty of film and data out there on tangible things.

That was pretty damn funny!

Why are people down on the Slater pick? He was only a 5th rounder and he looks like he might be the new special teams ace for the pats.

Conredge Collins - father is Tony Collins (former Pats RB)

Nick Moore - brother is WR Lance Moore of the Saints

Vontae Davis - bro is 49er TE Vernon Davis

Darius Butler - uncle is former Saints S Gene Atkins, cousin is RB Willis McGahee

Bruce Johnson - uncle is Seattle's CB Kelly Jennings

Chase Coffman - father Paul was a Pro Bowl TE for the Packers

Michael Bennett - brother of TE Marcellus Bennett of the Cowboys

Jarron Gilbert - father is Daren Gilbert, who played for the Saints

Henry Melton - uncle is former NFL CB Ray Crockett

Garrett Reynolds - uncle is former Rams LB Jack "Hacksaw" Reynolds

Cedric Dockery - brother of Washington's OG Derrick Dockery

Why are people down on the Slater pick? He was only a 5th rounder and he looks like he might be the new special teams ace for the pats.

This is NOT our special teams ace!
large_4b6b2c0fedfe41e89674493802da9146.jpg

Football players never make mistakes.

Troy Brown muffed a punt or two in his time, by the by.

The offense deserves the blame for that loss, especially the line. Giving up two strip sacks to Harrison in a row was unforgivable.

Last edited:

So, you are writing him off because of a few bad plays as a rookie? And you wonder why people question your thought process.

Last edited:
Conredge Collins - father is Tony Collins (former Pats RB)

Nick Moore - brother is WR Lance Moore of the Saints

Vontae Davis - bro is 49er TE Vernon Davis

Darius Butler - uncle is former Saints S Gene Atkins, cousin is RB Willis McGahee

Bruce Johnson - uncle is Seattle's CB Kelly Jennings

Chase Coffman - father Paul was a Pro Bowl TE for the Packers

Michael Bennett - brother of TE Marcellus Bennett of the Cowboys

Jarron Gilbert - father is Daren Gilbert, who played for the Saints

Henry Melton - uncle is former NFL CB Ray Crockett

Garrett Reynolds - uncle is former Rams LB Jack "Hacksaw" Reynolds

Cedric Dockery - brother of Washington's OG Derrick Dockery

Aaron Curry - His father, Reggie Pinkney, played five seasons in the NFL and his brother, Patrick Pinkney, plays quarterback at East Carolina.

Seriously. He was the lead blocker for one of the best kick and punt return teams in the NFL. He muffed one punt, who gives a ****.

Tom Brady threw 3 picks against San Diego the last time he played them, basically gave the game away. We should get rid of him.

So, you are writing him off because of a few bad plays as a rookie? And you wonder why people question your thought process.

The only ones who question my thought process are the Barwin fanatics whoo have a poblem everytime I question him. Right now, Hell no he is not our special teams ace. Maybe down the line but now if you want him as your "Ace" then you would fail as a coach. And this is why people have problems with you because you dont know how to talk to people.

Last edited:
If Matthews is drafted it comes more interesting to this theory,although Matthews as our #1 pick would not be shocking whatsover - In fact I expect Clay to be #23

Not me. What has he ever done? Squat! Thats what. Developmental players are day two picks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back