PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will BB attempt to fix the pass rush?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Collie and Garcon may be "mediocre WR's" and Addai and Brown may be "mediocre running backs". As of now, I would take these backup receivers and their running backs over ours.

Exactly.

Note I'm not saying there aren't problems on offense. But on defense, the pass rush needs to be a high priority. I'm not sure why anyone is even debating this that watched our games this season.

On offense it is an interesting argument against my claim about offensive line being the key, and the need for more receivers. I disagree. I think the Colts show if you have a great OL, you can get by with mediocre WRs and RBs. We have mediocre RBs right now, and our WR corp is crippled.

Collie and Garcon may be "mediocre WR's" and Addai and Brown may be "mediocre running backs". As of now, I would take these backup receivers and their running backs over ours.

Again, we are back to the basic problem overtaking patsfans.com. Collie and Garcon became "Collie" and "Garcon" after a full offseason of work with Goober.

Who was Garcon last year? A nobody because Goober missed training camp.

Are Edelman, Tate, Stanback, Aiken the answer? I don't know but it's premature to judge without a full offseason/camp with a fully healthy Brady.

In the end, we may or may not draft a "3rd wide receiver". If we don't, there will be a ton of whining here because of a basic misguided understanding of how a passing offense is developed.

Re: Will BB attempt to fix the passrush?

I dont think this is even a question...

It was quite obvious the biggest piece missing on this years team was the lack of a pass rush. BB and staff cannot and will not ignore this. It will definitely be addressed probably from the draft rather than from FA

and our drafted pass rusher(s) will either be injured or ride the pine like Brace. Then 2011 we will be asking same questions once again

Re: Will BB attempt to fix the passrush?

and our drafted pass rusher(s) will either be injured or ride the pine like Brace. Then 2011 we will be asking same questions once again

Drafting Brace wasnt really to address the pass rush. The Pats first round pick will be an OLB/DE which will definitely address the pass rush and look for him to make am immediate impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down