PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will AV's Signing Finally Silence the Bleeding Hearts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady'sButtBoy

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Far too many people have been sympathizing with our departing players - but this goes for players in nearly any sport with free agency not just for the Pats and their fans - because they have supposedly been shown a lack of respect. Well, AV could have shown some respect to the team that hired him as a nobody out of college and then made him rich, a team that made him the highest paid kicker in football for two years, that helped him cement a probable spot in the HOF (remember that AV didn't move the ball into FG position).

BUT NO, AV WENT FOR THE MONEY, PERIOD. SO STOP FEELING SORRY FOR ANY OF THESE MILLIONARES. THEY MADE THEIR OWN BED BY DEMANDING FREE AGENCY AS PART OF THE BUSINESS PLAYING FIELD.

GOOD GRIEF, WHY SHOULD THE PATS SHOW ANY 'LOYALTY' TO ANY OF THESE PLAYERS? WHEN THEY WANT TO GO, THEY GO; AND WHEN THEY DON'T WANT TO GO, THEY CRY 'NO RESPECT.' THAT'S ALL BULL, AND THIS SIGNING PROVES IT AS MUCH ANY OTHER EVER HAS.

I don't wish AV good luck at all, he plays for the most dreaded of enemies at his own choosing. So long Adam, and please don't ever come back.

Shouldn't loyalty be a two-way street? I'm not saying it always is, but shouldn't it be?

That's exactly what I'm saying, it should be a two way street but the players whine and cry about it only when it suits their purposes and thumb their nose at the idea of loyalty when they leave for more money by saying they had to treat their decision as 'business.' Well, then it's business all the time and the team should cut and trade them with the same cold, calculating attitude the players conveniently espouse when some other team throws money at them.

Last edited:
Brady'sButtBoy said:
Far too many people have been sympathizing with our departing players - but this goes for players in nearly any sport with free agency not just for the Pats and their fans - because they have supposedly been shown a lack of respect. Well, AV could have shown some respect to the team that hired him as a nobody out of college and then made him rich, a team that made him the highest paid kicker in football for two years, that helped him cement a probable spot in the HOF (remember that AV didn't move the ball into FG position).

BUT NO, AV WENT FOR THE MONEY, PERIOD. SO STOP FEELING SORRY FOR ANY OF THESE MILLIONARES. THEY MADE THEIR OWN BED BY DEMANDING FREE AGENCY AS PART OF THE BUSINESS PLAYING FIELD.

GOOD GRIEF, WHY SHOULD THE PATS SHOW ANY 'LOYALTY' TO ANY OF THESE PLAYERS? WHEN THEY WANT TO GO, THEY GO; AND WHEN THEY DON'T WANT TO GO, THEY CRY 'NO RESPECT.' THAT'S ALL BULL, AND THIS SIGNING PROVES IT AS MUCH ANY OTHER EVER HAS.

I don't wish AV good luck at all, he plays for the most dreaded of enemies at his own choosing. So long Adam, and please don't ever come back.

I agree. The Patriots had an offer on the table to make him the highest paid kicker in the league, and that wasn't enough for Vinatieri. This is not the same as Givens or McGinest at all.

This was an FU from Vinatieri and Polian to Belichick. He fires his agent, then signs with the arch rival team. At some point this got personal.

Vinatieri has thrown away his reputation and dignity for maybe a little more money in signing with the Colts. What he gains in this contract in 2 or 3 years he will now lose out on a lifetime of endorsements and appearance fees in New England.

His name was right up their with Bird, Orr, Williams and Brady. Now I will associate him as Peyton Manning.

He must have been really pissed at Belichick, but I can't think and wonder that one morning very soon he will wake up and say "My God what have I done".

Last edited:
I agree 100% he will be in the Pats Hall of Fame someday but for now he is no better then Johnny Damon.

Give it 50 or so years. By then, all the remaining fans from the non-salary cap/free agency era with players staying loyal to one team and kids growing up idolizing stars with loyalty not even an option will be died off, and the new generation will be used to these happenings.

Brady'sButtBoy said:

You are SO right on the money!! Freakin' Borges and others with an axe to gring will say 'how could the Patriots be so disloyal'? What a complete CROCK!!! Givens was reportedly offered a boatload by the Patriots, and he took T.O. money to sign with the Titans. He went for the $5M a season. Willie, God Bless him took $4M per, for a 34 year old player. Adam could have been loyal to the team, and made come great change. He made what was probably a great move for him for bigger bucks, and playing indoors. As great an outdoor kicker as he was, he's unstoppable in domes.

But please, everybody, don't simply say, "how could the Patriots let them go"? They're not letting them go! Are the Ram fans crying that Adam Archeletta was let go since the Skins made him the highest paid safety in NFL history? No! They're not stupid. And, neither are the Patriots.

Adam V. is two years removed from a bad back, and this past season made the fewest FGs of his 10 year career. He was 4 for 8 from beyond 40 yards. I'm not dogging him at all, I'm just saying that there is an argument for not making a 34 year old kicker coming off his least productive season a $3M to $4M a year offer.

The Pats can't look great doing this, because we all love Adam, and there is a great chance that he'll do VERY well inside. But, like the orginal post said, loyalty goes both ways. Amen Butt Boy!

I agree with you.....

Brady'sButtBoy said:

100%......this is a HUGE slap in the face to the Pats and the city of Boston.....The reports of EXACTLY what Kraft offered Adam to stay in NE for the rest of his career most likely....have not been released as far as I know....but all reports said that ....HE WOULD HAVE BEEN THE HIGHEST PAID KICKER IN THE LEAGUE......and he leaves to go to the most HATED rival that the pats have........Not to mention, that Vinny has now TARNISHED his legacy here in New England.....Most fans will REMEMBER his great kicks to win super bowls.....BUT THEY WILL NEVER FORGET his HORRENDOUS GREED in walking away from this team....and THESE FANS!!!

I am so upset today to see this happen.......here is a guy that could have made PLENTY OF MONEY........TONS of endorsements......WOULD HAVE RETIRED A %^$## HERO of LEGENDARY proportions IN NEW ENGLAND..........and could have done ANYTHING he wanted in the city of Boston after he retired. Instead....He chose to LEAVE all of this to go play for our BITTER *#$% arch rivals.....unreal.

I know it is a business.......but ADAM let's be honest.....HOW MUCH MONEY IS ENOUGH TO SELL YOUR *&$#% LEGACY...and your soul?????.......one man's opinion......

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes