PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Asante sign before 4 PM today? (PFT, 10:55 PM 7/15: Pats, Samuel NOT close)

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsfan579

Rookie
Reaction score
Alright guys lets be honest, What do you think is the chance that Asante will sign before 4pm tomorrow?

I say 60%.

What is your opinion?

Re: Will Asante sign before tomorrow?

Does he have by the end of Monday or he has to sign before Monday?

he must sign before 4pm on monday

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/patriots/?p=1301

Here's some proof that both sides are trying their hardest to get this done before tomorrow's deadline

I wouldn't like this situation because then we'd have to wait in the wings another year in suspense.

"If a deal is not reached by tomorrow, the two sides could continue to negotiate a multi-year pact. But Samuel would have to play under the one-year, $7.79 million tender. And if a deal was agreed upon, its formalization would have to wait until season’s end."

I don't think he will sign that early, but that's me...

I sure hope hope so. He would be the final piece to the puzzle. The team will be ready to go to training camp without any distractions.

The fact that the two sides are communicating is a much different story than

a week ago. Twenty four hours is plenty of time to exchange faxes and

get a deal done.

well either he will or he won't so i'd say it's a 50/50 chance of Asante Samuel resigning.

I'll go with a 10% chance.

This is now the second of his team of agents
who've said, It's Close.

It could only be close if the club had put a significant, attractive offer to them.

If Samuel hates the thought of playing 1 year for 7.8 mil, with its attendant risks
... then by about 3:30 tomorrow he will be squirming all over inside
to sign that significant, attractive offer pronto ...
even if he "knows" it shows management's underlying contempt for him,
and is much less than what he knows in his heart he is worth on the open market.

I say he signs a deal. 11th hour.

I dont wana get too excited but I have a gut feeling there going to come to an agreement like an hour or two before 4pm monday. But if they dont im still pretty confident Asante will show up for TC knowing both sides did there best to get a deal done.

My feeling is that Asante's recent "nice guy" posturing is designed to forge an agreement with the organization not to franchise him next year in return for his showing up in camp.

I think he came to the realization that with $8 million this year and a $15-$20 million signing bonus next year is a better two year payout than he could get if he signs a long term contract this season.

Is it taking a risk - yes, due to injury, but being the premier CB on a team that looks like a good bet to win the SB will increase his value next year as well.

How long Asante has been playing this scheme out I don't know but I feel in my gut that he's played it exactly the way he intended to AVOID getting a long term contract this season, but has postured well enough to work an agreement to avoid being franchised next season.

If it plays out the way he intends he'll have boosted his 2 year payout by about $10 million in guaranteed bonus money by taking the franchise pay this year and a big signing bonus next year.

Obviously the money is on NO. But I'm not counting it out. I do think he really wants to play here and I do think Belichick really does value him. That combination is a good start.

My feeling is that Asante's recent "nice guy" posturing is designed to forge an agreement with the organization not to franchise him next year in return for his showing up in camp.

I think he came to the realization that with $8 million this year and a $15-$20 million signing bonus next year is a better two year payout than he could get if he signs a long term contract this season.

Is it taking a risk - yes, due to injury, but being the premier CB on a team that looks like a good bet to win the SB will increase his value next year as well.

How long Asante has been playing this scheme out I don't know but I feel in my gut that he's played it exactly the way he intended to AVOID getting a long term contract this season, but has postured well enough to work an agreement to avoid being franchised next season.

If it plays out the way he intends he'll have boosted his 2 year payout by about $10 million in guaranteed bonus money by taking the franchise pay this year and a big signing bonus next year.

IF, he does not get hurt AND IF has a good / great season.

Thats two IF's versus security by taking the deal.

What would you do?

IF, he does not get hurt AND IF has a good / great season.

Thats two IF's versus security by taking the deal.

What would you do?

If i was Asante i would sign a new deal with a lot of guaranteed money, put it all in the bank, retire as soon as possible and move to Hawaii and live in a penthouse condo in waikiki.

that's what i'd do.

oh yeah, and not be a crybaby.

If i was Asante i would sign a new deal with a lot of guaranteed money, put it all in the bank, retire as soon as possible and move to Hawaii and live in a penthouse condo in waikiki.

that's what i'd do.

oh yeah, and not be a crybaby.

Not me - I would retire to Aruba, but keep a condo in Foxboro so as to not miss any home games!!

I would cry myself a river all the way to the bank!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back