PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will AD be an impact this Sunday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady_to_Moss

28-3....
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
The colts game he did nothing and thats what we got him for. Think he will step it up?

Without going into hyper-AD defense mode, I think he was still banged up with an ankle problem. And luckily for all of us, they survived witout him playing much. But he should be fairly well rested after the bye. Id expect him to play a strong game in Buffalo.

The colts game he did nothing and thats what we got him for. Think he will step it up?

I'm curious, how do you know that's what we got him for ? Because the press says so ? That's a mistake !

We got him because he's a great linebacker and we needed one, that's it !

Russ is right, his ankle was tweaked and I suspect he'll be better as that ankle heals. I seem to remember him earlier in the season making a great interception and run for a touchdown, how many linebackers on our team that could have outrun 2 receivers over 30 yards to the end zone.

Also, in the Colts game, he played around 20 snaps. I think Bill said it the scheme that they played not his ability that limited his snaps.

My advice, stop listening to the media, their making assumptions about Bill's intentions and 98% of the times, their wrong.

Last edited:

We got him to play LB and contribute to winning a SB.
You've gotta be kidding me if you think we got him to play 1 game against the Colts.
In fact, it would appear that the Colts were one of the last reasons they signed Thomas since he was not a big part of the gameplan.

If he is still hurt do they hold him out of this game with the Ravens-Steelers match-ups around the corner?

If he is still hurt do they hold him out of this game with the Ravens-Steelers match-ups around the corner?

Very good question and I suspect if his ankle is still hurting they just might limit his playing, especially if Lynch isn't playing.

I think he'll suit up each week and play. The good news is he's in a 3 man rotation inside their with Seau and Bruschi, so he'll rest plenty of snaps. But I expect they'll be smart with his reps if he's still banged up. But Ive gotta believe that not playing much in the Colts game, and probably not a ton in the 'Skins blowout, and now coming off the bye, he's probably close to 100%. And you know he'll be ready for that Baltimore game.

And do not believe a word of what BB says when it comes to game plans, schemes, injuries or abilities. We all know that he is a master of the art of war. It makes not sense to reveal your capabilities to your enemies. While I admit, the Patriots could probably mail a copy of their play book to the Bills, with their personell for each play and a report of their weaknesses, and the Bill still probably couldn't win, but BB is not going to do that. He is going to treat every enemy as if they threaten his women & children, and plan to torch his lands.

Which, by the way, he should. His livelihood is at stake. He does not get paid to look pretty. If he loses a game, that is one nail in his coffin. How many nails does it take? 7? 6? It's not a lot, and suddenly he's looking for a job.

I don't care how much Kraft likes him, if BB loses his edge he'll be gone. And should be. I pray to God that in a few years when BB loses it, they have the balls to ditch him. I don't' want to see Shula here 10 years after he became an average coach because he had a perfect season 20 years before.

BB should lie. He should deceive. He should do everything within the rules to win, because that's what he's paid for. And he should push the rules to their utmost limits, because even the tiniest scintilla of edge can be the single point that means victory for his team. A victory that means money in his pocket. Food on his table. Roof over his head. And that is all before one considers a legacy for his name.

So.. when he says the scheme kept AD out, maybe it did. Maybe it didn't. The truth is, we have no information upon which to judge.

And do not believe a word of what BB says when it comes to game plans, schemes, injuries or abilities. We all know that he is a master of the art of war. It makes not sense to reveal your capabilities to your enemies. While I admit, the Patriots could probably mail a copy of their play book to the Bills, with their personell for each play and a report of their weaknesses, and the Bill still probably couldn't win, but BB is not going to do that. He is going to treat every enemy as if they threaten his women & children, and plan to torch his lands.

Which, by the way, he should. His livelihood is at stake. He does not get paid to look pretty. If he loses a game, that is one nail in his coffin. How many nails does it take? 7? 6? It's not a lot, and suddenly he's looking for a job.

I don't care how much Kraft likes him, if BB loses his edge he'll be gone. And should be. I pray to God that in a few years when BB loses it, they have the balls to ditch him. I don't' want to see Shula here 10 years after he became an average coach because he had a perfect season 20 years before.

BB should lie. He should deceive. He should do everything within the rules to win, because that's what he's paid for. And he should push the rules to their utmost limits, because even the tiniest scintilla of edge can be the single point that means victory for his team. A victory that means money in his pocket. Food on his table. Roof over his head. And that is all before one considers a legacy for his name.

So.. when he says the scheme kept AD out, maybe it did. Maybe it didn't. The truth is, we have no information upon which to judge.

WOW, that's an interesting take. But honestly, your reaching with your nails in the coffin analogy. Bill's talent and abilities aren't a flash in the pan kinda of thing. I'm pretty sure when he retires or leaves the Pats, he'll do it on his terms and we'll all be bumming !!

Thats a pretty solid, edgey take. I like it. Nice work.

I know what you are saying, but I'm not sure it is that simple:

1) The Colts exposed a potential weakness (covering TE/RB in the middle of the field) that any number of teams could attack. Gates/LdT, Witten/Barber, Heap/McGahee, H.Miller/Parker...so the Colts aren't the only ones capable of picking on the Pats in that particular way.

2) Looks like Rodney is the one to attack the TE more often than not. Against the Bolts (while Rodney was out), AD had a big impact.

3) AD may not be 100% percent healthy, but he also may not have his "sea legs" in this defense yet. Not a knock on him, it is not an easy thing to do.

Much like the "Meriweather is a bust" threads, I don't think people are considering that the Pats have amazing, quality depth. To put them in, you need to take someone off the field...usually someone who is playing at a really high level, has experience and has earned the right in practice to be on the field.

Instead of slamming Meriweather for being behind R.Baker, maybe Baker is taking a step up and is earning the right to play. AD is competing for time with Teddy, Junior, Colvin, Vrabel, Rodney and Jarvis (depending on formation). If AD isn't 100%, it is great to have the option to limit his time and still have great options to put on the field.

When is the last time the Pats were this healthy this late in the season? AD has shown flashes this year. Get him completely healthy and a little more experience with the different defense schemes, and the big plays will follow.

We didn't get AD for one particular opponent... and although I know one needs to take what Belichick says with a grain of salt sometimes, he made a valid point that with the hurry up offense the Colts were using there wasn't as many opportunities to rotate players - and as such AD wound up spending more time on the bench.

WOW, that's an interesting take. But honestly, your reaching with your nails in the coffin analogy. Bill's talent and abilities aren't a flash in the pan kinda of thing. I'm pretty sure when he retires or leaves the Pats, he'll do it on his terms and we'll all be bumming !!

I hope he doesn't. I hope, when it comes to it, Kraft cuts him ruthlessly. And I LOVE BB. Seriously. Think he's one of the best coaches in the history of the game. However, there will come a day when he's not. And when that day comes, it will be because he started losing.

Maybe he'll know when it's his time and he'll walk away. Maybe? Doubtful though. Most likely, Kraft will take him for a walk down by the river, pull out his proverbial 45 and put one right between the eyes of his career.

The question is: Is Bob Kraft a good enough judge of such things to get the timing just right, so no one else ever benefits from the Genius of BB?

I hope so.

I really do. Because I hate the idea of BB doing the Shula thing. I want him fired as soon as he is completely spent on championships.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes