PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will a win this Sunday silence the critics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats_AZ

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Just a thought here.....with all this negative talk about "cameragate", running up the score and the Pats being a classless org. will a win this Sunday shut the critics up? in terms of getting any respect i see it as a lose lose situation. if we win, they will dismiss it as the colts having an off day, or something to that effect. if we lose (God forbid) we will never hear the end of it....Pats arent as good as we thought, blah blah blah. i think this season is just destined to be a "us against the world" type of season. what do you all think?

No... they'll find something else to whine about.

And who cares really... F them all.

NO, it will inflame them. Obviously, depending on the nature of the win, depends on how things will go. If we blow them out, we'll be vilified as goons even worse. If we eek out a win, and Harrison doesn't play, it'll be "meaningless win, against a depleted squad" :rolleyes:

If we lose it's good over evil. Doesn't matter, they are preparing scrips for all contingencies. ALL BAD.....

In one word, no.

Just a thought here.....with all this negative talk about "cameragate", running up the score and the Pats being a classless org. will a win this Sunday shut the critics up? in terms of getting any respect i see it as a lose lose situation. if we win, they will dismiss it as the colts having an off day, or something to that effect. if we lose (God forbid) we will never hear the end of it....Pats arent as good as we thought, blah blah blah. i think this season is just destined to be a "us against the world" type of season. what do you all think?

Neither a win nor a loss will. They will find something new and exciting to b!tch about.

I'm loving it.

I guess this season we will be known as the "Nasties" from here on out.

I also find it interesting that every aspect of the colts game is "overlooked":rolleyes: whatever! "their offense is being overlooked" "their defense is being overlooked" "Dungy's coaching ability is being overlooked" "WR, Running game, blah blah blah being overlooked"

No. They will be hated even more so since they will have beaten God's Chosen People. :eek:

Oh, yes and I forgot, TFBMTHEWASB! :p

Last edited:
Nope. If it could, the critics would already be silent. They will only be more outraged. Gotta love it!

What does a win or loss have to do with the criticisms against the Patriots? They haven't been criticized (for once) as being overrated. They have been criticized for Sportsmanship issues, which aren't going to be resolved by a win.

If the Colts win will we get they get ANY respect from the Patriots ?

What does a win or loss have to do with the criticisms against the Patriots? They haven't been criticized (for once) as being overrated. They have been criticized for Sportsmanship issues, which aren't going to be resolved by a win.

well, probably my fault for filling my ears with national sport talk radio, but it helps the hours pass....there is a lot of talk however about us not being a "good running team". "defense has lost a step" and my favorite "who have they played" there definately has been some poop flung.

I hope it doesn't.

I like being seen as the bad guys.

Being respected has gotten boring.

well, probably my fault for filling my ears with national sport talk radio, but it helps the hours pass....there is a lot of talk however about us not being a "good running team". "defense has lost a step" and my favorite "who have they played" there definately has been some poop flung.

Huh. I hadn't heard that. Although, it seems that people do like to say that we haven't gone up against a good defense until (San Diego, Buffalo, Dallas, Washington), and then after we drop half a hundred on them, the talk goes to "well, they really weren't that good, wait until the (Buffalo, Dallas, Washington, Indianapolis) game.

So I guess you're right now that I think about it. San Diego, Dallas, and Washington are good, playoff caliber teams. Because we embarrass them, all of the sudden they weren't that good. Wrong. They're good. We're that much better.

After the 41-20 whupping we lay on Indy, I'll be curious to hear what they have to say.

Without something new (other than running up the score) the Pats are evil storyline is played out.

If the Pats thump the Colts, the National media is going to start getting behind the "best team ever" storyline.

Huh. I hadn't heard that. Although, it seems that people do like to say that we haven't gone up against a good defense until (San Diego, Buffalo, Dallas, Washington), and then after we drop half a hundred on them, the talk goes to "well, they really weren't that good, wait until the (Buffalo, Dallas, Washington, Indianapolis) game.

So I guess you're right now that I think about it. San Diego, Dallas, and Washington are good, playoff caliber teams. Because we embarrass them, all of the sudden they weren't that good. Wrong. They're good. We're that much better.

After the 41-20 whupping we lay on Indy, I'll be curious to hear what they have to say.

This will be the final "who have they played" game. I like your score predictions very much.

No way.

If we lose by more than 7, we're a house of cards and our "evil" has caught up to us.

If we lose by less than 7, we're an unbalanced team with too many distractions.

If we win by less than 7, we've been exposed with weaknesses by the valiant Colts squad that was 1 bad ref call from winning. Expect endless talk about how our secret cheater tapes on Indy was the difference in the game.

If we win by more than 7, we're evil bastards with no class piling on points.

The mediots have already gotten these story lines ready. Reality and facts make no difference to them. They already argue both sides of every issue just for the ratings. 19-0 with no game even close is the way to handle this.

Prediction: Pats win 42-28. Rodney gets penalized 10 yards for illegal teabag on Gonzales. :)

Last edited:
Anything less than a Superbowl will allow the critics to say they told you so. The Patriots can't win on Sunday regardless of the outcome. If the Patriots win excuses will be made for the Colts.

That's what makes this season so fun though. The Patriots are so good they should win the Superbowl, but the critics are licking their chops for any sign of weakness and any set back to say that evil and greed overcame the Patriots.

There is no doubt that Belichick has gone all in on this season and I think he is holding a buch of Aces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes