PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will a ugly win concern you??

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, wins are only ugly if we have a significant injury. So yes, an ugly win would concern me.

I wonder how many wins in the first game of the season could be considered ugly? I have seen a few.

an úgly' win will hopefully get the analysts of our back.or maybe they will disect happily why we didnt win convincingly.

If you truly feel this way, then for all that you value your sanity, avoid the game thread as if it's plague.

:rofl:

You know for whatever reason I really don't get annoyed by the sky is falling crowd on this forum, seeing as it's all behind a computer screen.

Yet dealing with such people in real life can cause tumors.

I can already imagine a 9 yard Larry Johnson run to start the game followed by a few first downs resulting in 20 "Uh oh, we're in for a long season!" posts in the span of 1 minute. The game will then end @ 31-10 despite this.

IMO, We're going to see a Rested rather than Rusty Tom Brady, a somewhat suspect Defensive Effort (in the beginning), and a rather Close-Call Win...

A win is a win is a win

I don't think the offense will generate more than 20 points so,no I don't expect an offensive juggernaut in week 1

IMO The team will score less than 20 but the defense of course will give less to KC for a low scoring win - book it

Next week its the rookie starters Mayo and Wheately about to face a future HOF QB in Favre - I am not so confident the rookies will have it as good as they should today - A much bigger test next week.

Last edited:
The first week of the season is usually the week with the most biggest upsets. Remember the 14-2 Patriots losing 31-0 to the 6-10 Bills in week 1 of 2003? As long as we get the win, I will be happy. There are no style points in the NFL.

That said, I don't even expect this to be a contest. The Chiefs are only dressing 3 WRs. Brandon Albert is in his first game of his career going up against Richard Seymour. Their starting center is a first year starter going up against Vince Wilfork. Brody Croyle is well Brody Croyle. If the Pats struggle, they should win easily.

You really can't judge a team over the first few weeks of the season a lot of time. Again, I will use the 2003 Bills who were in the top 3 in most power rankings after week 2 of the season and ended up being in last place in the division by the end of the year. Or how about the Chargers last year that went 1-3 last year only to go to the AFC Championships with a 11-5 record.

Ugly win, pretty win-just win (with no injuries:eek: )

It wouldn't shock me if we had an ugly play or 2 out there today though-just fine tuning for the season. An ugly win won't bother me as long as everybody leaves the field upright.

:rofl:

You know for whatever reason I really don't get annoyed by the sky is falling crowd on this forum, seeing as it's all behind a computer screen.

Yet dealing with such people in real life can cause tumors.

I can already imagine a 9 yard Larry Johnson run to start the game followed by a few first downs resulting in 20 "Uh oh, we're in for a long season!" posts in the span of 1 minute. The game will then end @ 31-10 despite this.

Followed by 10 threads of how our defense is terrible, and if it wasn't the Chiefs we would have gotten blown out, and the Chiefs showed a blueprint of how to beat us.

Depends on who wins ugly.

It will not concern me. I fully expect this to be a re-run of 2006 opener against Buffalo (strip sack for TD on the first play, anyone?)

I was going to post something similar. There will be a world of chicken littles where I work if this happens.

I'll take a win like the Buffalo game in 2006 vs a loss of any kind any day.

A win is a win. What do we do if it's ugly? Give it back?

Call me simplistic, but I believe every win is precious and beautiful...and every loss is hideous and insufferable. If the Patriots can win, and stay healthy, then I don't care if they win 3-0 or 30-0.

Last edited:
Final Answer: Yes.

I figured the usual 6-8 game tinkering like I do every year ...

Well now it looks like it will be a 16-game tinkering season ... :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back