Welcome to PatsFans.com

Will a heavily supported Democrat Emerge for 08'

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Aug 30, 2006.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +884 / 6 / -16

#87 Jersey

Perhaps I am jumping the gun...perhaps it is not possible considering all the issues...but it would seem wise for the democrats to choose 3 people and heavily promote them now...call it word play if you will.

It would be a back end around to get this country and the media to get fixated on the other issues facing this country...but I think it will work.

No republican is capable of this because even the most qualified, honest and sincere republican will be scrutinized for alignment wiuth Bush....but a democrat could pull it off.

Take Dean and his infamous scream last election...what if he was looked upon as Presidential by the voters...would he have been granted a pass for that scream...I say yes, he would have.

Perception is everything in politics...what people do tells more than what they say. The pollsters know the makeup of the democrat who can win...time to be honest and put those people forward...too bad for the others...they won't win anyways...the country needs a Bush break...more than ever.
  2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Time for a 3d party candidate if there ever was one.
    Strong Dems include Biden, Clark and Dean IMO. Clinton is out.
    Rebubs are down to McCain and Newt, IMO, who has no chance but is working the WWIII thing hard.
    Sad field to pick from. I hope for a dark horse to rescue the nation.
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -26

My hope is that when I vote I will be voting for a person who deserves to be in office, not the lesser of two evils i.e. Kerry over Bush. We have been talking about this lately, does not seem to be a lot of innovative faces on the horizon and most of the names are the same old retreads...not inspired by anyone yet, wait a minute not inspired by much in the political field at all.
  4. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think this is going to be a nasty campaign on the left. There will be a pro-war/anti-war split, you have Kerry hinting about running again, you'll have Clinton getting attacked on all sides...

I can't wait..!!
  5. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 5 / -2

More like you don't want him too. Dems are afraid of a McCain nomination. He's so moderate it's scary. The guy would attract lots of casual Dem voters. Lots of Dems feel he is has a high electability level with the respect to the field being mentioned. [/QUOTE]

Too funny. Exposing hypocracy? What hypocracy? You mean there are actual differences between all of these candidates? No way! Isn't Ried pro-life? Wait, he's the Dem leader in the Senate, how'd they choose him for that? Wasn't John Kerry divourced? How'd they nominate him in '04? Dems and Repubs are one and the same NEM. They no longer stand for anything distinctive. The Dems have ZERO platform, and the Repubs are being taped together by terrorism. Niether party has a message, a clue, or a candidate worth getting excited over.

As of 8/30/06:

McCain versus Hillary or Biden

McCain wins...woop-dee-fricken-doo....

Sure wish Jesse Ventura would run.

At least you didn't use his name directly this time.
  6. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +884 / 6 / -16

#87 Jersey

NEM...DO I HIJACK YOUR THREADS? NO, I DO NOT. SO PLEASE HAVE SOME MANNERS ONCE IN A WHILE.

This is exactly what I am talking about that people like sdaniels don't see. Bush does not need to be made part of every thread here. If the thread's author does not include Bush...it's because he has no place in the discussion.

Bush is not a democrat...so he need not be a part of this thread.
  7. Real World

Ratings:
    +434 / 5 / -2

What would be interesting if McCain does get the Repub nomination (I'd be concerned he will be 72 in '08), will be how the Left treats the war questions. Remember, McCain was a POW in Vietnam.

The Repubs best hope right now is clearly McCain. Other possibles are Romney, Larry, Curly, and Moe.

The Dems best hope is whoever hasn't been mentioned yet :singing: . Seriously though, Hillary has no shot at all. Should she run, the right will drag her lesbian azz through the mud like a hog in a pigpen. She was offlimits as first lesbian, but as a candidate, her scandalous past will be front and center. Kerry is, well, John Kerry i.e. no chance. Al Bore? No thanks. I think Joe Biden should/could have a real good shot. He is a little flashy in his speak, but that may resonate some life into the comatose Democratic party. Wesley Clark is a good man, and actually sensible on some issues, but his politics are inferior to the bum career loosers who are also running. Oh, Howard Dean....hahahahahaha! The guy has done more to destroy the Dems chances than the tardo's are willing to realize. I'm actually grateful. Idiots like Dean, Tom Delay, Bill Frist, Trent Lott, Nancy Pelosi, John Murtha, etc. do more to hurt their "parties" than they do to help them.
  8. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +190 / 4 / -6

I for one never liked McCain. Thought he was worse than Bush. I don't think the guy's stable, and I don't think he'll ever be president. I doubt if he's the strongest candidate. Even though Bush II is upopular, I think Jeb Bush might be the strongest candidate for the Republicans.

As in the Republican Party, the Democrats are undergoing a transformation. The moderates like the Clintons and Liebermans are under pressure to adopt more challenging positions. Liberals like me don't believe that splitting hairs like they do works. Even Bill Clinton never won more than 49% of the vote.

I think Edwards might be the best candidate for the Democrats. He has an appealing tone, is southern, is generally moderate. But, I like him because he's the only candidate in years whose willing to make poverty an issue. I think the Democrats went wrong when they mimicked Reagan by making the middle class their main focus. While the middle class certainly need support, it's still a lot better to be middle class than poor. The ethical high grounds rests on trying to improve the lot of the poor, and I think it might attract a number of religious conservatives.

That said, if Hillary wins the primary (and I hope she doesn't), I think she can beat McCain. Just remember that polarizing figures often get elected. Look at all the polarizing figures who have won: Bush II, Clinton, Reagan, Nixon, Kennedy, etc.
  9. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +884 / 6 / -16

#87 Jersey

Several McCain notes here. With all our budget troubles, I don't see McCain in any hurry to bring the troops back...and there are many other non $$$ reasons but that's for another thread.

We can't solve our domestic problems until we solve our international problems...for this reason the republicans don't appeal to me. I'm hoping a democrat (moderate preferred) comes out of the shadows who will be internationally tough while downsizing all our foreign operations.

When we downsize our foreign operations we can channel that $$$ to solving our budget problems which will in turn solve many domestic problems naturally as extra $$$ trickles down.

The biggest issue to me is downsizing our government...we are way too bloated and way too overextended. Put some extra $$$ into the CIA and situations like Al-Queda and Saddam could be nipped early on by supporting their enemies. Letting our foes battle their enemies is way cheaper in lives lost and $$$ spent in the long run.
  10. Real World

Ratings:
    +434 / 5 / -2

Shows two things, you either know very little about today's political climate, or you simply cannot offer an unbiased opinion. McCain worse than Bush for you PAtters? Again, I think you Dems are afraid of his electability. Also, anyone who thinks Jeb Bush could have any chance in '08 needs to pass the pipe on down this way. There is no way a Bush could win in 2008. No one wants a Klinton 8 years later, yet you think they might want another Bush right now? No way at all.

Looks more like a merger to me.

Where do I begin? Edwards the Ambulance chaser is so concerned with the poor that he made millions on them. The guy is everyhting that is wrong with our legal system. Sure, conservatives are going to vote for a "sue everybody" "it's never your fault" ambulance chasing lawyer. BTW, do you even know what being a conservative means? Sure we care about the poor, but we sure as hell don't want the government to hand our cash to them. Let charity help those is need is what 95% of conservatives believe. Edwards has a chance based on his desire to increase government welfare. HA! Furthermore, the middle class was targeted by politicians because it's the largest sociel class in the country, i.e. largest voter block, and most likely to vote.

Hillary has ZERO shot of winning. Have you ever read anything written about her? And I'm not talking about what's in Time Magazine or the NYT. The Clintons were the most corrupt presidential couple of our lifetime. She has no chance.
  11. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +190 / 4 / -6

McCain has better politics than Bush, but I think he's unstable. I think if he had been president, we would find ourselves in an even worse situation than we are today. I agree Jeb Bush has a lot of baggage because of his brother, but he does have superior political skills, which is often the deciding factor in national races.

Well, the Republicans are drifting left toward the current Democrats, but the current Democrats are under pressure to return to some progressive themes.

You've bought that garbage lock, stock, and barrel. At least lawyers make money through hard work. Are you against shareholders profiting off the poor. Also, Edwards was no ambulance chaser. That's simply Republican trash talk, which makes you sound more like a party apparatchik than a conservative independent.

Yes, I know your type of conservative is more concerned with money than charity. You'd rather let people suffer than let government help. Your type of compassion exists only where it's free. That's why the social issues for many conservatives are things like anti-abortion, prayer in school, discrimination against gays, etc. Those issues cost nothing, while poverty is too expensive for charities to deal with alone.

The middle class won't be ignored, but conservative sychophants who spend their time sucking up to the rich might lose out. The wealthy can do more for this country that rewards them so well. The wealthy can help fund programs that help kids from all walks of life.

Hillary has no chance of winning your vote. Your so blinded by hate for the Clintons that you buy all the garbage you are fed by right-wing liars. There's no point arguing this issue with you. It's like a psychosis for you. The more the facts corner you, the more set in your ways you become. You're probably one of those who believes that Starr, the FBI, and Park Police failed to uncover the murder of Vince Foster. LOL.
  12. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +547 / 2 / -9

Pretty Boy Edwards (slimey lawyer) has a pimple on the left hand side of his face, sometimes it is there, sometimes it is gone, what the hell kind of a pimple "comes and goes".

I would never vote for a man that has a pimple that comes and goes.
    :rocker: "thats right, neither would I"
  13. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +132 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

The next election is most likely the last one that a Democrat could possible win. After the 2010 census, they will not have enough electoral votes to even come close to winning.

Regardless of who runs a Democrat is not going to win:
    Virginia
    North Carolina
    South Carolina
    Kentucky
    Tennessee
    Georgia
    Florida
    Mississippi
    Alabama
    Texas
    Utah
    Montana
    North Dakota
    South Dakota
    Oklahoma
    Kansas
    Wyoming
    Nebraska
    Idaho
    Alaska

That's 212 electoral votes that they have no shot at whatsoever. Now after the 2010 cenus this number will increase by about 15-20% and the "blue states" will lose as much. If Rudy/Pataki are on the ticket, they put New York in play. A democrat can not win, if she doesn't take NY. So any Republican only has to garner an additional 58 electoral votes.

The Dems can count on:
    California
    New York
    New Jersey
    Mass
    Connecticut
    RI

Thats 129 electoral votes

Any democrat is going to have to win Ohio, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Missourt, Iowa, Indiana, New Hampshire, Maine.

Do you see Hillary, or Dean carrying any, let alone all of those states?

Face it now Dems, if you don't win in 2008, you are going to have to re-invent your party, if you ever want to be elected again.
  14. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +547 / 2 / -9

Boob Gore
    Dingy Dean
    Pant Suit Hillary
    Uncle Teddy
    Auntie Pelosi
    John Fonda Kerry
    Hog Jowl Murtha
    Drafty Rangle

Put these people on TV every day until Nov 2008 and the democrats won't get into the White House for the next five hundred years. :singing:

Go get em sh!t heads :rocker:
  15. FreeTedWilliams

Ratings:
    +132 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

Bob Dole won Virginia, the last time they voted for a Democrat was 1964, Bush won by a margin of almost 300,000 votes. Unless they install Pennsylvania like voter fraud it's not going to happen. ANd before you give me the Democrat Governor stuff, Massachusetts has had a Republican Governor for what 12 years now. It means NOTHING when it comes to Presidental elections.

Bush won Florida by over 400,000 votes.

Bush won Tennesee 57% to 43%

Now imagine what happens if the GOP runs a candidate who is acutally fleunt in the English language.

I gave the Democarats the benefit of the doubt in places like Iowa, and Arizona (figuring you might engage in voter fraud yourself).

I forgot to add Indiana (which Bush won by 20% over Kerry) another state that has not gone for the DNC since 1964, so put those 11 electoral votes over to the GOP for a new total of 223 automatic votes for the GOP.
  16. FreeTedWilliams

Ratings:
    +132 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

OOPs forgot West Virginia, thats another 5 votes for a grand total of 228.

Now here comes the 2010 census:

http://www.polidata.org/census/st004nca.pdf

Battleground state Ohio loses 2 EV
    DNC stronghold NY loses 2 EV
    Other DNC states MA, PA, MI, MN lose 1 EV
    DNC stronghold CA picks up 1EV

for a grand total loss of automatic votes for the DNC of 5 EV

GOP strongholds Texas and Florida each gain 3 EV
    other GOP strongholds GA, UT pick up 1 EV each

for a grand total of additional automatic GOP votes of 8 EV

with the remaining additional votes going to swing states NV +1, AZ +1 and losses from WI -1, IA -1

either way it will be a swing of an additional 8 more EV for the GOP taking the total of automatic votes for the GOP to 236, meaning all the 2012 GOP nominee needs to do is win is garner an additional 34 EV votes.
  17. Real World

Ratings:
    +434 / 5 / -2

Dude, wake up, both parties are the same. There are only a handful in each party that represent the original ideals of each. What does being Republican mean? and Democrat? They are the same bro. If GW wore a mask and ran as a Dem in 2008 you'd all support him. Why? Cuz you wouldn't know the difference.

Edwards was an ambulance chaser. Here is a stat from the Boston Globe.

During the 1990s, he tried 63 cases and brought in $152 million for his clients, almost all of whom were victims of medical malpractice. He was reputed to be widely feared by North Carolina doctors, who would settle cases for millions of dollars rather than face him before a jury.

No thanks. I have little or nor repsect for all azzholes who exploit. I've had idiots not ocme to work and claim a back injury hoping to cash in. I've had a friend tear up his knee in a hockey game, only to go to work the next day and say his fell down the stairs at his job. I've seen loosers from every aspect of like try to exploit the system to best suit their greed. No thanks to John Ambulance Chasing Edwards.

Say what? What kind of trash is this? I work in Subsidized housing. I see government charity with my money everyday. I see 30 year old men paying $85 a month for rent. I see 32 year old women pay $25 a month for a two bedroom, while working as hair dressers and making cash. Gimme a break. You have ZERO clue as to what Government charity is. It's Katrina Debit cards at $2k apiece that go to booze, hookers, and strip joints. Dude you are so out of touch. Conservatives aren't for letting people suffer. Get a clue. Conservatives are for free will, self accountability, and small government. I don't even have a problem with a system designed to those who cannot help themselves. However, govt welfare has become the biggest fleecing of our history. Every mud mamma who gets knocked up has a free apartment and a check coming every month, while I pay. Fugg that. You want to help lazy people, then do it with your dime, just don't tell me I have to give them mine too.

Conservatives do not cator to the rich. Wake up! The GOP cators to the rich. All conservatives want is less government, and more freedom. Do you have any clue how much money is donated in this country? Who donates it? Plus, who the hell are you to tell anyone else what they are supposed to do with their money. I thought this was a free country. See, this is why I feel that liberalism is a mental disorder. Liberalism is not about the individual, it's about what the individual can decide for everyone else. Again, you want to help the impoverished, then donate your own money.

I hate all politicians. They are all frauds. There hasn't been a sincere politician in my lifetime. I rip into the clintons cuz I get sick and tired of people constantly throwing roses at them when they have no clue about ACTUAL histroy. I give Clinton kudos when he deserves it, same as anyone. I've criticized GW, and defended him, I've criticized Reagan countless times since everyone always thinks he never did a darn thing wrong. I call a spade a spade, it's that simple.

When you provide a fact, then we can find out if it corners me. To this point however, we're still waiting for one.