Welcome to PatsFans.com

Wilkerson: 3 words explain manipulation of Intel: "The Vice President"

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PressCoverage, Jun 26, 2006.

1. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

this guy was prominent on the Frontline special: "The Dark Side"... Now if we could get his former boss to step forward and talk...

http://thinkprogress.org/2006/06/26/wilkerson-vp/

Former Admin. Official Needs Only Three Words To Explain Manipulation of Intel: ‘The Vice President’ »

The Democratic Policy Committee held a hearing this afternoon to examine the manipulation of pre-war Iraq intelligence. Rep. Walter Jones (R-NC), who previously disavowed his vote for the war, attended the hearing and asked the panelists why a small number of individuals in the administration “had more influence…than the professionals.†Lawrence Wilkerson, former chief of staff to Secretary of State Colin Powell, said he only needed three words.

Watch it, here:

http://images1.americanprogress.org/il80web20037/ThinkProgress/2006/dpc1.320.240.mov

2. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

well, i was suspended from the finheaven political forum for actually calling another poster "our favorite Bush representative".... it is my firm opinion that their PoFo rules are beyond draconic, and show blatant favoritism, but i've calmed down now, so i digress...

looks like i'll be getting my political blog fix here for the time being, as i live up here now anyway.... i'll try to behave more here at least, honest...

anyhow, i was looking for this thread to post there... i couldn't find the link... and the last thread i was involved on FH was truly climax-culmination kind of topic... quite heated, as well.... it was simply a challenge from a righty poster there: "Prove that the administration lied"... it went on and on...

it had everything you could ever hope for from the few remaining Bush League loyalist posters... "that's not actually, lying" or "if you believe what you're saying is true, how can that be lying?" paraphrasing a bit, of course...

anyhow, the argument kept coming back to "congress signed off on it too" ... and i was thinking about this clip of Wilkerson, and Sen. Johnson... both Republicans...

incredible....

3. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

from glenn greenwald…

[A] willingness to ignore waves of evidence and assert plainly false facts that they want to believe are true is — as I have argued many times before — the predominant mental attribute that has governed our country over the last five years. It is that corrupt dynamic that explains how things are going really well in Iraq; how Saddam really did have WMDs when we invaded; how the chaos and anarchy in Iraq is the fault (and invention) of the news media; how Saddam personally participated in the 9/11 attacks; how terrorists did not know before the New York Times story in Decmeber, 2005 that we were trying to eavesdrop on their telephone calls; how terrorists did not know before this weekend that we were trying to monitor their bank transactions; how Bush is really popular and most of the country agrees with him and that data to the contrary is due to flawed and biased polls, etc. A desire for a fact to be true is sufficient to embrace it as true, even with no evidence that it is, and even in the face of abundant evidence that it is false.

4. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

This is exactly why you need somebody very, very smart in the Oval Office. I'm not entirely sure Bush even knows that the books were cooked. The President needs to be able to look at the facts for himself. Certainly not to the smallest detail; but much further than what this President is willing to do. Say what you will about Clinton; but 18 hour workdays weren't uncommon when he sat in the chair. This President stops investigating for himself way too soon and then goes and rides his bicycle or something. Leaving his responsibilities to his advisers. A President should be worn out and beat down at the end of his time in office. This guy's gonna leave the job in better health than when he came in. Why? Because he never did the job in the first place.

5. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +154 / 10 / -16

#37 Jersey

Go back to fin haven than, a liberal and a Dolphins fan? Could you be anymore of a loser? Well you did use a link from thinkprogress, so yeah, I guess you can.

6. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Would you care to comment on the documentation presented, versus attacking the messenger. You can stay in denial all you want, but this administration's deceit is unraveling. Not only will the Democrats start investigating the wrongs committed by Bush and company, but the next election will have more Republican seats up for re-election then Dems. Can you say, no filibuster? So just keep attacking, its your motto.

7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +824 / 27 / -33

The best defense for a neo con is to attack the messenger, do not deal with the message..

8. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +154 / 10 / -16

#37 Jersey

I guess blind faith in made up "documents" and edited "videos" is much better.

9. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

made up videos? you mean with CGI and all that?