PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wilhite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you saying that Butler did not contribute until the end of the year?

No. Just that he started off slow and came on toward the second half of the year. His stats prove that to be the case.

Given the differences in the college and professional game, especially college-level defenses, it is difficult to expect any rookie to walk on and start. Some may pick the game up faster than others, but realistically rookies need to learn the scheme and get a sense of the offenses. Butler showed his potential, but even he had a number of hard-earned lessons last year.

I have always viewed Wilhite as a nickel or dime corner, not a 1 or 2 corner. He should be solid as a 3 or 4 corner. I tended to cringe any time an opposing QB looked in his direction in his role last season.

Are you saying that Butler did not contribute until the end of the year?
Actually;
ProFootballFocus.com - By Player

Outside of the first couple of games where he played less, his playing time was inconsistently similar all year. He was a healthy scratch in week 15 ad 16, so I'm not sure I buy the story that he was held back early and 'got it' at the end of the season.

By quarters of the season (4 games) he played
games 1-4 59 snaps
5-8 188
9-12 161
13-16 89

Not sure what we draw from this except that he played sparingly in the first few weeks, then his playing time appeared to decrease in the secopnd half of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back