PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wilhite to IR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, thank god Butler has stepped up recently.

I thought this might happen when we signed another DB last week. He was playing decent this year before the injury.

Not be confused with the 'veteran' Leonard Little. The somewhat similar names had me wondering for second...

Not be confused with the 'veteran' Leonard Little. The somewhat similar names had me wondering for second...

No it's the same guy. His full name is Louis Leonard Little. He's just really well rounded. :p

Sort of had to be one of Wright, Prior, Wilhite.
Been a while since we put a corner on IR - Pat's are usually good for several.
Too bad, not insurmountable.

This means they are expecting Wright or Pryor to play by or before the playoffs which is good.

im honestly not really phased by this. I actually like wilhite but i do not trust him. I love his speed but he is an erratic tackler, always seems to have a communication error at some point in games, and his well documented lack of ball skills drive me crazy. Just glad it wasn't Wright.

This means they are expecting Wright or Pryor to play by or before the playoffs which is good.

I'm not ready to say that- yet.

Pats sign Chevis Jackson and almost a week later they IR Wilhite.

Pats sign Leonard and 5 days later they.......?

Last I heard was that BB was playing it pretty close to the vest re: Wright. Pryor's back issue has also been murky.

True that. Unfortunate news but if I had to choose 1 of the 3 to lose to IR it'd be Wilhite, not a disservice to him but I think Butler and Arrington have been fine behind McCourty. Plus we have solid depth at DB overall. In the playoffs I hope to have all or most of our typical DL rotation, even though they have already been playing amazing without Wright/Pryor. That plus the prospects of us getting a bye week to rest up and 2 full weeks for BB to prepare for AFC playoffs has me pumped!

I had a feeling this was going to happen yesterday. Hip injuries can be real tricky for CB's. It's a shame too, as Wilhite was beginning to finally play well in the slot.

Yikes... we're getting scary thin at CB. We need McCourty to be 100% very quickly.

Yikes... we're getting scary thin at CB. We need McCourty to be 100% very quickly.

McCourty
Jackson
Arrington
Butler
carter

Sheesh

Thad Turner still on PQ?

How about Deltha O'Neal?! :D

How about Deltha O'Neal?! :D

1277323396-trump-youre-fired.jpg

This analysis seems spot on. Wilhite going on IR is not related to the health or availablity of Wright or Pryor.

Leonard and Eric Moore being signed are arguably more related to the absense of Pryor and Wright.

I'm not ready to say that- yet.

Pats sign Chevis Jackson and almost a week later they IR Wilhite.

Pats sign Leonard and 5 days later they.......?

Last I heard was that BB was playing it pretty close to the vest re: Wright. Pryor's back issue has also been murky.

Too bad. He was playing decent this year when he was out there. I think Butler is better anyways though, but would be nice to have some depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes