PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wilhite, Pryor & Wright out vs Bears

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll take that as a good sign for Chung. Bad news for the pass rush, though.

I'm feeling the Love

How long has Wright been struggling with that concussion now? I hope he's doing ok, that sounds like serious stuff. :(

1. Do any of you Xs and Os types think that not having Wilhite could hurt us much? (and no, I'm not being sarcastic). Who's his replacement for covering the slot in the small nickel and how effective is he likely to be?

2. I know not having Wright sucks passrush-wise, but how important has Pryor been to our D-line rotation when he's been in there?

Thanks in advance, it's always nice to get the more knowledgable posters' viewpoints on such things. (not to mention the $ on the line :help:)

1. Do any of you Xs and Os types think that not having Wilhite could hurt us much? (and no, I'm not being sarcastic). Who's his replacement for covering the slot in the small nickel and how effective is he likely to be?

2. I know not having Wright sucks passrush-wise, but how important has Pryor been to our D-line rotation when he's been in there?

Thanks in advance, it's always nice to get the more knowledgable posters' viewpoints on such things. (not to mention the $ on the line :help:)

1. Butler will probably step in as the nickel corner, like he did Monday

2. Pryor hasn't played in 5 weeks, how has this team done in that time? Solid.

How long has Wright been struggling with that concussion now? I hope he's doing ok, that sounds like serious stuff. :(

The injury reports say it was a combo concussion/neck injury.

In any case, FWIW, they don't see it as serious enough to put Wright on IR. . . .

Considering the wind/snow/cold conditions that are predicted for the game, I don't see pass rush as being as important as stopping the run. This may well be a game where Cutler plays the hand-off game to a large extent.

The NE game plan isn't predicated on collapsing the pocket this time, they want Cutler in the pocket where he's not as likely to extend the play and make a big play downfield. The primary pass rush is intended to come from the edge and hem him in.

Pryor has been a good interior pass rusher, Wright is obviously NE's most productive, but Warren and Wilfok have also done a nice job of collapsing the pocket.

Butler played well as Nickel against the Jest and he's also done well outside while Arrington has been lining up at DE. NE has also used Chung in a big Nickel, but I expect Butler to work against Hester or Knox, leaving the bigger lads to jam it with Bennett.

Sounds extremely serious. As in, one more hit to the melon just like it might end his career. They have to be cautious with stuff like that.

Last edited:
holy cow, that means fred taylor is in!!!!! he's still part of the team isn't he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back