PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wilhite instead of O'Neal (yay)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Arizona game will be real interesting. Yes this team has had its share of problems vs. the pass but it will be interesting to see how they can do when the primary key to the game will be stopping their pass. I fully expect BB, Peas, and Capers to come up with something to keep them competative vs one of the leagues best passing attacks.

I hope they have a great plan put together for Arizona. That game scares me. The one plus is they will be out in the elements, in Foxborough.

I am sure you all notcied Wilhite was getting PT in place of O'Neal and while the results were not amazing they certainly seemed like a upgrade to O'Neal. And at the very least another rookie gets some more experience.

What did everyone think of Wilhites play?

He's a rookie but he's got more upside than O'Neal:eek: I don't think he should be judged on that mistake at all. Our rookies have stepped up imo and I'm not sure what more people expect of them given all the circumstances. Some, like Mayo, seemed to fit right in but others like Wilhite might need a little more time. That fact doesn't make them a bad player imo. They've simply been thrust into something that's very challenging even to the best of rookies.

I've said it before-Rodney's loss was huge, especially so early in the season.

The Patriots got away with using Wilhite because they weren't facing a full-strength passing attack. They'll probably get away with using him against Oakland, too.

Arizona, on the other hand..... well, let's just say that I think the team should have tried a little harder to get Hall.

I completely agree. Saying that lil' Johnny Wilhite > Deltha O'Neal is the very definition of damning with faint praise.

As for his inexcusable non-hit on Wallace, I just hope that it's not a sign of a deeper inadequacy in his already insufficient game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes