PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wilfork's injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still wonder what happened to him.
Anybody see the play where he was injured and conjure a theory or otherwise?

You thinking that Wilfork is overrated may be one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen on this board

What strikes you as ridiculous interests me less than none. Fact remains Vince is overrated. By you and prolly most other patriot fans who don't understand the position.

Good? yes.
Better than average? at times.
Great?............no.

He gets moved off the point too much.

What strikes you as ridiculous interests me less than none. Fact remains Vince is overrated. By you and prolly most other patriot fans who don't understand the position.

Good? yes.
Great?............no.

Not even worth arguing with you...

Probably 85% of the people on this board would disagree with you

Good? yes.
Great?............no.

I said much the same thing preseason. Some idiot homer told me it was the stupidest thing he'd ever read on this board. Seems Wilfork is all world, even though he's not all pro or anything.

He was moaning about why don't we pay him 8M per year or whatever.

Cause the dropoff to JAGs isn't worth 8M.

If BB is so smart, why hasn't he signed him to a contract? Cause maybe he doesn't think he's worth it.

But you're wasting your breath arguing around here. Homer city.

Wilfork or no, the D did a nice job today vs. a pretty solid running game.

huh? What games have you been watching?
I hope you're not shocked when the Pats let him go. If he was so valuable to this defense, the Pats would've locked him up a long time ago.

Good? yes.
Great?............no.

You nailed it. Vince is good, but he's not good enough to re-sign for a boat load of money and I could care less if he isn't a Patriot next season. In fact, the money needs to be spread out more evenly and balance out this defense. Their D-line was effective in the past because they had huge-talented LB's in their prime to stuff the run. As we all know now, their LB's aren't good enough to fill the gaps.

I will give Wilfork the benefit of the doubt because he can't do everything for this team. However, he gets blown off of the ball way too much. If 2010 is capped, I'd let Wilfork walk (or franchise him) and take my chances signing Casey Hampton or Franklin from San Fransisco for less money.

Last edited:
Well we can't forget those earlier Matt Cassel over Tom Brady threads. But yes, it's right up there.

Honest to Betsy! I'm guilty of calling Maroney a dog...but calling Wilfork over-rated is beyond ridiculous.

Titus Adams replaced Vince today. Did you notice any real difference?

If Vince had'nt thrown a fit walking off the field I would'nt even have known.

um...actually I did. Panthers ripped off some impressive runs in Wilfork's absence.

I hope you're not shocked when the Pats let him go. If he was so valuable to this defense, the Pats would've locked him up a long time ago.

Yes, because being cheap isn't this organizations M.O. at all.

WOW....you're pretty stupid.

Yes, because being cheap isn't this organizations M.O. at all.

WOW....you're pretty stupid.

That's not very nice Garbanza. :( You will owe me an apology when they let him walk and spread the money more evenly. You don't need an "all world" or "all first round picks" on your D-Line to run an effective 3-4 anymore. The NFL is becoming a passing league and the Pats need LB's more than they need a "stud NT". There are plenty of teams that don't have a "stud NT" and are doing just fine. Don't worry, you'll learn someday.

Last edited:
That's not very nice Garbanza. :( You will owe me an apology when they let him walk and spread the money more evenly. You don't need an "all world" or "all first round picks" on your D-Line to run an effective 3-4 anymore. The NFL is becoming a passing league and the Pats need LB's more than they need a "stud NT". There are plenty of teams that don't have a "stud NT" and are doing just fine. Don't worry, you'll learn someday.

That's true but weren't you the one who said Chad Jackson was tight?

That's true but weren't you the one who said Chad Jackson was tight?

He was and he was pretty good until he shredded his knee in the AFCCG against the Colts in '06. It was pretty stupid for the Pats to put him out on special teams and make a tackle after he was trying to get over a nagging hamstring injury. Not too smart after they traded up so much to get him during the draft. I blame the Pats for wrecking his career more than Jackson. The guy couldn't make a cut if his life depended on it after he returned from his ACL tear. Sure, he might have been immature, but he had ability. After his injury, he had neither.

Last edited:
you can tell how dominant Vince is when Adams replaces him (recently activated practice squad) with essentially no drop off.

Vince is a solid player,(as is Mike Wright) like I already said, but he's far from spectacular as some of you seem to think. He gets moved off the point far to much for my likeing.

The Panthers ripped off the vast majority of their big runs after Wilfork left the game and were able to gash us up the middle against Adams. Adams did a solid job, but he's no Wilfork. You're problem is that you (pretty clearly) don't understand what Wilfork's chief assignment is. You're basing you're "overrated" stance on the fact that he isn't constantly crashing the line of scrimmage and getting into the backfield to tear the quarterback a new as$hole. For our two gap 3-4, he is the best player available at the NT position. You're new, but I'll go ahead and lump you in with the anti-Maroney, anti-Watson crowd as well based on this stance alone. Please feel free to tell us what you think of them if you'd like.

You nailed it. Vince is good, but he's not good enough to re-sign for a boat load of money and I could care less if he isn't a Patriot next season. In fact, the money needs to be spread out more evenly and balance out this defense. Their D-line was effective in the past because they had huge-talented LB's in their prime to stuff the run. As we all know now, their LB's aren't good enough to fill the gaps.

I will give Wilfork the benefit of the doubt because he can't do everything for this team. However, he gets blown off of the ball way too much. If 2010 is capped, I'd let Wilfork walk (or franchise him) and take my chances signing Casey Hampton or Franklin from San Fransisco for less money.

If you think Wilfork gets blown off the ball too much, you're going to smashing your head against a wall watching Casey Hampton in this two gap.

You make me laugh. That's a good thing. I can just imagine what the pass rush would be like WITHOUT Wilfork taking on two blockers....

Sorry. He's great. If he did not have to play two-gap he would have big numbers for an NT.

I don't think Zeke understands the difference between a one-gap and a two-gap. But what would I know either. I'm just a junior. :( Greatest insult I've ever heard...

If you think Wilfork gets blown off the ball too much, you're going to smashing your head against a wall watching Casey Hampton in this two gap.

Casey Hampton. LOL!!!!!!!

First of all, they need to change their scheme. I'm just saying, don't be shocked when Wilfork is elsewhere in 2010.

You make me laugh. That's a good thing. I can just imagine what the pass rush would be like WITHOUT Wilfork taking on two blockers....

Pass rush.... good one :) What pass rush? :confused:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing