PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wilfork's injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willie55

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Any updates? I haven't heard anything. The last I saw he was throwing his equipment around the field.

Any updates? I haven't heard anything. The last I saw he was throwing his equipment around the field.

Belichick disclosed after the game that he has a sub-dermatomic contusion and will be out until 3:35 PM on Thursday.

Subsequently the Patriots issued a press release correcting Belichick's statement. He is now expected to be out until 3:34 on Thursday.

Last edited:
Haha. Sprained right gonad - questionable (for romance)

Wont know anything until Wednesday probably, unless its really serious. Hopefully that isnt the case

082509_vince.jpg

We lose Vince just turn out the lights because the playoff party is over.

Wont know anything until Wednesday probably, unless its really serious. Hopefully that isnt the case

It didn't look too bad, he was walking off the field without help and he wasn't on the turf long, until you look into Vince's reaction of humming his equipment around the field. He either thinks it's pretty serious or it was the result of a cheap shot.

Last edited:
With or without him, the Pats aren't very effective at stopping the run.
Unless you compare their effectiveness stopping the run to their effectiveness stopping the pass. Actually, I thought their run defense was pretty good.

this.

Vince is overrated. Not that I want him missing any time. He's solid, just not the player many believe he is.

Yes, he is. He's had a great season.

With or without him, the Pats aren't very effective at stopping the run.

i agree with vince teams are geting like 110 yerds a game on the pats and with out him they will get like 150

40 yerd more in the runing game will not give a team 20 more points

wilfork is a great player but he can't get to the QB or cover a WR and that's how teams have been puting points on the pats not with a runing game

Great?

I would'nt call it that. He's good. Not Great.

a NT in the 3-4 never gets stats he's job is to get double teamed for the ILB to stop the run

it's just that mayo has not had a good season and the seymour trade so they are still bad vs the run

but seymore is missed more then wilfork will be if they do not resign him

I was at the game and watched when he first go injured. It looked like an ankle sprain to me. I sit in the third row directly behind the offensive line. He was being looked at in front of us.

but seymore is missed more then wilfork will be if they do not resign him

Pretty much- Wilfork is a very good player (I would hesitate to call him great, but he's definitely close). He's no Seymour, though.

I was at the game and watched when he first go injured. It looked like an ankle sprain to me. I sit in the third row directly behind the offensive line. He was being looked at in front of us.
Yes, I believe he was reported to have a foot injury and was questionable to return in the first half. He came in for a bit in the second then had to leave.

I don't think the Pats run defense has really been tested. Why would anybody really test it when throwing against the Pats is like shooting ducks in a barrel? I don't think they've made a third down stop all year that wasn't a penalty or a dropped pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes