PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wilfork's hit on Losman clean or dirty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wilfork was clearly being tackled on the play, but I think he used that situation to his advantage in order to inflict damage on Losman. Just because his head was pointed elsewhere doesn't mean it wasn't intentional. When I watched the play yesterday I thought Rich Gannon called the play wrong by suggesting it was purposeful but now I would have to agree with him.

Yes, a 340 lbs man can easily get tackled, twist in mid air and hit a target he is not looking at with his elbow. All day long.

Sheesh.

Heres a physics lesson to all those who think this is a dirty hit......a 300+ man who has been pushed/thrown to the ground cannot slow or stop his momentum, re route the fall and land where he chooses.....

You Bills fans need to reroute that anger to your coaching/GM staff for gutting your team and giving them NO chance this year..........

And while Im in my ranting zone.....can someone please tell me when DeAngelo Hall became an elite corner.....he puts the Bengals DBs to shame most of the time. Someone needs to spit in his face....oh wait...

blah blah blah...it was someone who got tackled and took advantage to get a hit in. I don't think he wanted to get him out of the game, but just wanted to be remembered. Was it dirty? I would say yes and I am kinda disapointed in Vince.

Heres a physics lesson to all those who think this is a dirty hit......a 300+ man who has been pushed/thrown to the ground cannot slow or stop his momentum, re route the fall and land where he chooses.....
And yet, he can still lunge forward.

Not the end of the world for JP. He gets to sit on the sideline for a couple of weeks and thank everything that is good and holy that the Bills haven't figured out how mediocre he is just yet.

For Bills fans - those few holdouts, who haven't picked up the message just yet - they get a few weeks head start spending their Sundays searching for bargains on new snowsuits and tuning up those snowmobiles.

You Bills fans need to reroute that anger to your coaching/GM staff for gutting your team and giving them NO chance this year..........

First of all I am a Patriots fan but am confident enough to tell the truth even though the truth might hurt. I didn't see any physics lesson so i can't comment on that but a proffesional athlete no matter how big he is can control wether he falls down or gives an extra burst with his legs and a forearm extension. If you don't think multi million dollar athletes have some of the best body control in the world then you are crazy. I am not saying Vince tried to injure JP but if you can't see that Vince tried to get a shot at him your are dillusional or really insecure about the guilt of our player.

agree witht he other posters - pretty obviously a cheap shot. too bad, too

It can't be a cheap shot. He didn't plan for the offensive lineman to tackle him from behind. He's trying to make a play. He can't be sure the ref is going to call that penalty (offensive holding), he's trying to make a play given the conditions.

Last edited:
This is bound to be a issue with Bill's fans. Upon caual observation it appears that he put his elbow out and hit Losman. I did not see if he was pushed into Losman or was falling and was just trying to break his fall. Kinda reminds me of Carson Palmer's injury in the playoffs a few years ago. Anyone with a better view of the play?

CLEAN....period....he was turned sideways when he fell into him.....I doubt highly that he had enough vision to THROW his elbow out and hit Losman that way......I think it was momentum and a protective response by Wilfork on this one

Reverse the roles and picture someone hitting Brady like that and think of the uproar in this place.

He was definately pushed into Lossman, but he did not need to throw his forearm up.

He is going to get fined for that.

And he should.

I know I would be in a rage if someone hit Brady like that

Just did a search to compare the hit on Brady
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAFtx5emWyk

to the one on Losman last year that Wilfork got fined for.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3POT8n2Qk3g

IMO, the Wilfork hit was worse. But they are very similar. Both players with blockers on their back, going low into a QB's knee. But Wilfork definitely thrust his forearm out into Losman's knee

Talk about bad Karma!

oww...this was almost exactly a year ago....owww

the wilfork hit was pretty dirty but at least losman saw it coming. If i remember wilfork was fined 10 grand by the league so he was punished and Losman did not miss the entire season due to the hit either. That brady hit was dirty and i do not care whats his face said he was on the ground got up and lunged into bradys leg it is an air tight case on tape. I expect the NFL to come down hard on this as they have made it clear over the past year that you CAN NOT HIT THE QB BELOW THE KNEEE. It will be interesting to hear how Pereira explains why there was no flag on this play on official review this week, Pereira should run for office.

Just did a search to compare the hit on Brady
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAFtx5emWyk

to the one on Losman last year that Wilfork got fined for.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3POT8n2Qk3g

IMO, the Wilfork hit was worse. But they are very similar. Both players with blockers on their back, going low into a QB's knee. But Wilfork definitely thrust his forearm out into Losman's knee

Talk about bad Karma!

Get a clue asswipe, Wilfork was tripped and hit Losman while trying to break his fall.

Pollard was on the ground and lunged at Brady's knee.

If you can't understand the difference between the two then you are a complete moron.

These plays are not remotely similer Wilfork was blocked into Losman while the chief's safety was on the ground and got up and dove at Brady. I'm not saying it was dirty but the league will have the last say.

So Wilfork tripped and landed 500 miles away? Got hops

I never saw anything dirty about Wilfork's play-some 350 pd guy who was knocked from his back side by a defender...it's incredibly difficult for someone to keep his balance with THAT weight, really.

Sorry to hear about TB, but you cannot have it both ways. Each defender was being engaged by an offensive player. Pollard was yesterday, and Wilfork was on his play as well. I don't think this play was intentional, and unless you were on the field, I don't think you can judge all the angles, momentum, speed and force. Guys get thrust forward as they are going down all the time. It is a violent game, and this is unfortunate. The thing is, you guys are not done. Plenty of talent to get the job done. Your team will rally, and I think (especially with all the parity) that the playoffs are still in the mix for you guys. As a football fan, the season will not be the same without Brady at the helm. Certainly takes away from the heat of these rivalries with the Colts and Bolts of the league. I hope the reports are exaggerated, and Brady returns to the field 100% healthy, sooner rather than later.

Julius, you are 100% . This was a lunge to the knee while on the ground. Dirty play , dirty b#s#a#d. I am sick and didnt sleep all night. GO PATS.

if Pollard is a dirty player, then so is Wilfork. They both could have avoided hitting the offensive players, but its the defense's job to try and take down the QB.

I wouldn't call it "dirty", but you are not allowed to hit a QB below the knee... if Wilfork got fined for this, so should Pollard, period.

Pollard = Ulf Samuelson and there is no getting around it.

He is dirty and it was dirty.

And Wilfork's play and this one were not the same thing. Yes they were both engaged by an offensive player but one was immediately effected by the egaged player. Wilfork was directly blocked into Losman Pollard was blocked to the ground and than started to get up to continue the play and as he was on the ground his only option was to hit him low (cheap, cheap, cheap). Just because he felt bad after does not mean it wasn't cheap.

that leaves em with only two things to say

I hold out hope that this wont be a season ending thing.

and

F*ck Pollard and his bull sh*t.

Pollard = Ulf Samuelson and there is no getting around it.

He is dirty and it was dirty.

And Wilfork's play and this one were not the same thing. Yes they were both engaged by an offensive player but one was immediately effected by the egaged player. Wilfork was directly blocked into Losman Pollard was blocked to the ground and than started to get up to continue the play and as he was on the ground his only option was to hit him low (cheap, cheap, cheap). Just because he felt bad after does not mean it wasn't cheap.

that leaves em with only two things to say

I hold out hope that this wont be a season ending thing.

and

F*ck Pollard and his bull sh*t.
John Lynch didn't think it was dirty. End all be all? No. But c'mon man, it wasn't dirty. Aren't you guys the ones that are the "true" outdoor, old school, football is a man's game type town?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back