PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wilfork's hit on Losman clean or dirty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've battled this question on a Jets forum. :bricks:

Wilfork is by no means known as a dirty player. Having said that he intentionally made contact although I don't think he intended to hurt Losman. Nevertheless it was a lapse in judgement was deservedly flagged.

Let's be honest, we'd be raising hell if a Bills player did that to Brady.

You mean a Bills player like, say, Milloy? At, say, the end of 2003?

Now that was an intentional hit to injure. Otherwise known as 'dirty'.

Pats need to be careful. Last thing we need is a tit for tat payback from a team going nowhere (like the Bills).

it was clearly intentional. When i'm falling I put out my arm or my hand towards the ground. I don't throw out my forearms (as someone else said) so i can land on my armpit.

intentional? yes.

was he trying to knock him out of the game? no

would pats fans be going apesh*t if denney did that to brady? you betcha.

When i'm falling I put out my arm or my hand towards the ground. I don't throw out my forearms (as someone else said) so i can land on my armpit.

You play pro football now? If not then whatever you do when you fall is completely irrelevant.

would pats fans be going apesh*t if denney did that to brady?

Nope. Not if we were HONEST and saw on multiple replays (including just a few minutes ago on ESPN) that Wilfork was shoved from behind by the Bills OG. Nice try, though.

Why is everyone having this stupid argument?

The Bears' Nathan Vasher injured his groin covering TO on a play, so using this logic, should we blame Owens for this injury?

Dirty? No. I wouldn't say dirty.

Intentional? Well, depends what you mean. He was definitely assisted by either a trip or a block into that position.

A foul? Yep. Lineman has a duty to avoid contact down low on the QB in that position. Proper flag in my opinion. Wilfork did not do all he could to avoid that contact.

15 yards. Personal foul. But not anything more.

Dirty? No. I wouldn't say dirty.

Intentional? Well, depends what you mean. He was definitely assisted by either a trip or a block into that position.

A foul? Yep. Lineman has a duty to avoid contact down low on the QB in that position. Proper flag in my opinion. Wilfork did not do all he could to avoid that contact.

15 yards. Personal foul. But not anything more.

He hit him low and that is a foul and he got a penalty for it. It is not like he had a chance to hit him in the numbers and instead when low. That is dirty. To ask a player that is falling forward from being pushed to be able to judge whether his hand is going to hit 4 inches above the knee or 4 inches below is to close to call intentional or not.

He was clearly trying to him him no mistake about that but to think that he knew where the blow was going to land as he was falling is a stretch.

If it were done to Tom I would call it dirty.

Wilfork probably did the Bills a favor yesterday in taking Losman out of the game - I said it once,I'll say it again LOSMAN SUCKS!!!

Trent Edwards may be proclaimed as the best QB on the Bills team within a short time,We did the Bills a favor in taking out Losman.

Maybe they can win 3 games now with Edwards if J.ust P.athetic Lousyman is out for awhile.

Thank us later Bill trolls

Last edited:
I do not want to think it was an intentional/dirty hit, it looked more like he was either pushed or tripped into Losman, but the announcers had already formed an opinion.. so we never saw the whole play, they instead just focused on the hit..

I do not want to think it was an intentional/dirty hit, it looked more like he was either pushed or tripped into Losman, but the announcers had already formed an opinion.. so we never saw the whole play, they instead just focused on the hit..

They do it all the time-the only time they'll correct themselves is when they'll show the replay again, IF.

If it were done to Tom I would call it dirty.[/QUOTE

As far As Brady goes if the dline does nt brush their teeth i would give them a 15]

This is bound to be a issue with Bill's fans. Upon caual observation it appears that he put his elbow out and hit Losman. I did not see if he was pushed into Losman or was falling and was just trying to break his fall. Kinda reminds me of Carson Palmer's injury in the playoffs a few years ago. Anyone with a better view of the play?

It looked shakey, but it's impossible to know what was in the big man's head.

The replays sucked. I think his sticking out his elbow was intentional but not his going for the knee.

Wilfork may have played for Miami, but he's not the kind of guy to play like that under any circumstances.

He stuck his elbow out to break his fall as he was tripped up.

No disrespect, but let's say JP doesn't get hurt....the Bills still only score 10 points (maybe). The rookie caught the Pats off guad and drove then down the field for the go ahead TD.

Get used to it....there are lot's of Patriot haters.

Reverse the roles and picture someone hitting Brady like that and think of the uproar in this place.

He was definately pushed into Lossman, but he did not need to throw his forearm up.

He is going to get fined for that.

And he should.

I know I would be in a rage if someone hit Brady like that

This theory is just factually wrong. Once a defensive player loses his footing and falls, he doesn't need to avoid low contact with the qb's leg. If he's falling or being pushed he can hit the qb low. He just can't intentionally dive at his leg.
Yes, he was either being pushed or falling and yes he intentionally followed through with his momentum and hit the qb in the only way available to him and no this is not against the rules or dirty.

If it were done to Tom I would call it dirty.

Kudos on the honesty!

The Bills are really to blame here. We would'nt be having this argument if they had the nuts to high/low Wilfork on the very next play. This type of stuff should be taken care of on the field by the players.

Vince should have had a clean shot right at Losman, but he was being illegally tackled about the legs as he surged forward. This made him pendulum down against Losman's leg, instead of a clean knockdown. He looked like a RB held short of a goalline TD.

That said, the league will penalize Vince, because it is the result that matters.

Of course, if he instead he missed Losman, and was injured by the player grasping his legs, you wouldn't even get a holding call.

R

Exactly how I saw it.

Kudos on the honesty!

The Bills are really to blame here. We would'nt be having this argument if they had the nuts to high/low Wilfork on the very next play. This type of stuff should be taken care of on the field by the players.

You are truly an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back