PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wilfork's Future Still in Doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
It appears that the Patriots and Vince Wilfork aren't any closer to getting a contract extension done, and one has to wonder if Wilfork's future in may now be in doubt.

More...

Re: Wilfork\'s Future Still in Doubt

Unless Wilfork is threatening to sit out, this is an issue for the next offseason.

Unless Wilfork is threatening to sit out, this is an issue for the next offseason.

No kidding. Once he reported this season was in the books and he can't then walk out or he gets fined, suspended and/or loses out on at least 3/4th of his paltry $2.2M salary. No way Bianca allows him to do that... Which is why I cannot for the life of me fathom why Reiss keeps hinting how he thinks maybe they will sweeten the pot by agreeing pre-emptively to not tag him in 2010... I can't see the pot to sweeten...You do that to get a guy in and only when he's already tagged...

No kidding. Once he reported this season was in the books and he can't then walk out or he gets fined, suspended and/or loses out on at least 3/4th of his paltry $2.2M salary. No way Bianca allows him to do that... Which is why I cannot for the life of me fathom why Reiss keeps hinting how he thinks maybe they will sweeten the pot by agreeing pre-emptively to not tag him in 2010... I can't see the pot to sweeten...You do that to get a guy in and only when he's already tagged...

Plus he has a huge incentive to play hard this year. If he dogs it this season, he won't be worth more in FA if his agent has to explain to teams why he lost his starting job to Brace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes