PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wilfork wants Seymour money

Status
Not open for further replies.
6/9/09 Comcast NE Sports Tonight: Tom Curran, Michael Felger and Gary Tanguay all state that Vince Wilfork now wants MORE money than Richard Seymour. They claim that Vince said he would have taken Seymour money LAST year. However, now that the Pats have let him get a year closer to Free Agency, he want more money than Seymour.

6/9/09 Comcast NE Sports Tonight: Tom Curran, Michael Felger and Gary Tanguay all state that Vince Wilfork now wants MORE money than Richard Seymour. They claim that Vince said he would have taken Seymour money LAST year. However, now that the Pats have let him get a year closer to Free Agency, he want more money than Seymour.
It's clear to me that he wants a huge deal and if he doesn't get it will threaten to sit out 6 games unless we promise not to Franchise him. The Branch path.

If so, assuming we can't sign him, we have the choice of :

- a happy Wilfork this year and he's gone for a comp pick after this year.
- an unhappy Wilfork, maybe for just the second half and playoffs and Franchise him next offseason.
- trade him ala Branch.

It's clear to me that he wants a huge deal and if he doesn't get it will threaten to sit out 6 games unless we promise not to Franchise him. The Branch path.

If so, assuming we can't sign him, we have the choice of :

- a happy Wilfork this year and he's gone for a comp pick after this year.
- an unhappy Wilfork, maybe for just the second half and playoffs and Franchise him next offseason.
- trade him ala Branch.

I'll take the second option. I want big Vince starting at NT during the playoffs the next two seasons ( for a total of $9 to $9.5 million for the next 2 years combined). The first 6 games we will have to rotate Seymour,Wright and Brace.

I'll take the second option. I want big Vince starting at NT during the playoffs the next two seasons ( for a total of $9 to $9.5 million for the next 2 years combined). The first 6 games we will have to rotate Seymour,Wright and Brace.
I'm fine with that (I think it's 6 games he can sit out and still count the year) as long as he comes back ready to play and not moping around. If he played for real that works for me and we could Franchise and trade him next offseason.

Something I'd consider is signing him to a 2 year deal for $11M or so with a non franchise guarantee at the end. He'd get a little bump and UFA after two years, we'd get a happy player for two more years and would have gotten 7 years out of the guy.

I'm fine with that (I think it's 6 games he can sit out and still count the year) as long as he comes back ready to play and not moping around. If he played for real that works for me and we could Franchise and trade him next offseason.

Something I'd consider is signing him to a 2 year deal for $11M or so with a non franchise guarantee at the end. He'd get a little bump and UFA after two years, we'd get a happy player for two more years and would have gotten 7 years out of the guy.

Sounds good to me.

How's Richard gonna feed his family? :D

Check out this post on rotoworld, does anybody get the sense Vince is willing to take a hometown discount? I hope he does but I dont get that feeling...

Fantasy Football, Baseball and Basketball - news, projections, rankings, draft guide - Rotoworld.com

Patriots owner Bob Kraft expressed confidence Wednesday that the team will work things out with disgruntled contract-year NT Vince Wilfork.
"I’m sure this will get resolved," Kraft said. "Vince is a very special guy. We actually chatted at the golf tournament. We both understand this is not personal. This is both sides doing their business." Wilfork, obviously fat on humble pie, is willing to take a hometown discount to re-up with the Pats.

Check out this post on rotoworld, does anybody get the sense Vince is willing to take a hometown discount? I hope he does but I dont get that feeling...

Fantasy Football, Baseball and Basketball - news, projections, rankings, draft guide - Rotoworld.com

Patriots owner Bob Kraft expressed confidence Wednesday that the team will work things out with disgruntled contract-year NT Vince Wilfork.
"I’m sure this will get resolved," Kraft said. "Vince is a very special guy. We actually chatted at the golf tournament. We both understand this is not personal. This is both sides doing their business." Wilfork, obviously fat on humble pie, is willing to take a hometown discount to re-up with the Pats.

Good post and I agree. However, if Vince feels he's worth $10 million per on the open market, he may think $9.5 or 9.0 million per year is a discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back