PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wilfork vs. Sullivan

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTS-80

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Who weighs more?

Wilfork is "listed" at 325. Sullivan is reported to have trimmed down 20 lbs to 328.

PATRIOTS-80 said:
Who weighs more?

Wilfork is "listed" at 325. Sullivan is reported to have trimmed down 20 lbs to 328.
Well unless the number system has changed in the past 24 hrs id say sullivan.

Keegs said:
Well unless the number system has changed in the past 24 hrs id say sullivan.
There was an entire thread not that long ago devoted to guessing Wilfork's "actual" weight.

My point actually is that not all players fit into all systems. The Saints biggest complaint about Sullivan was that he was too big and slow to get to the QB, and asked to be taken out of the game too often. The Patriots don't ask their NT to get to the QB (Wilfork got a whole 0.5 sack last year, Warren got 1). The Patriots need somebody with impressive girth to hold up at the point of attack. Furthermore, I have actually watched Sullivan play a couple of times. As big as he was, he was good at filling his hole and chasing the RB to the outside of the line of scrimmage. I have seen him tackle. He wrapped up pretty good to me.
Furthermore, my point is that (if the reports that Sullivan lost 20 lbs at Saints camp this year than) Wilfork and Sullivan's weight are almost identical.

PATRIOTS-80 said:
There was an entire thread not that long ago devoted to guessing Wilfork's "actual" weight.

My point actually is that not all players fit into all systems. The Saints biggest complaint about Sullivan was that he was too big and slow to get to the QB, and asked to be taken out of the game too often. The Patriots don't ask their NT to get to the QB (Wilfork got a whole 0.5 sack last year, Warren got 1). The Patriots need somebody with impressive girth to hold up at the point of attack. Furthermore, I have actually watched Sullivan play a couple of times. As big as he was, he was good at filling his hole and chasing the RB to the outside of the line of scrimmage. I have seen him tackle. He wrapped up pretty good to me.
Furthermore, my point is that (if the reports that Sullivan lost 20 lbs at Saints camp this year than) Wilfork and Sullivan's weight are almost identical.
Yeah i was just bein a ********.

You might be right about that. I hope you are.

Does Sullivan really weigh that much? I thought he was only in the 310 area and I thought everyone was crazy to think that he could play NT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back