PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wilfork "Thrilled" to have Seau back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some good news...I'm sure all the guys are psyched. I really think this wil affect our pass rush....maybe indirectly but stuffing the run, the wildcat and should be beneficial for some of the games coming up. It will affect AD and having Mayo back will be huge....and don't forget McGowan and Merriweather and the Dline.

I hope we see some run stopping and pass rush this weekens. We have great potential and have held teams to minimal pts.

We'll need this for the SB against theNYG

This brings new meaning to having your back. On some downs Wilfork gets Mayo and Seau behind him.;)

Curious how much time the coaches think Jr. can give--40% snaps? 60%? Keep him fresh for the playoff run. That is when the veterans can make a difference.

Curious how much time the coaches think Jr. can give--40% snaps? 60%? Keep him fresh for the playoff run. That is when the veterans can make a difference.

A 40 year old man playing ILB is unprecedented. I don't think anyone knows whats going to happen. But there is no question that if there is anyone who knows his body and what it can handle, it's Seau.

Gotta think 20-30 plays a game max and see how he does.

It really is amazing and Seau is just a freak of nature to be able to play at his age.

A 40 year old man playing ILB is unprecedented. I don't think anyone knows whats going to happen. But there is no question that if there is anyone who knows his body and what it can handle, it's Seau.

Gotta think 20-30 plays a game max and see how he does.

My guess is that we need him in the early part of games or at the close of tight ones. His ability to diagnose the O is probably what makes him so valuable. I doubt we could do much better for a run-stopping LB who may occasionally make TE's pay for daring to catch a ball.

It likely breaks down where he's valuable to keep things close at the beginning and let the O try to get a lead. When we're playing with a lead, I doubt we'll see him on the field much unless we're closing down a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes