PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wilfork stepping up next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsWorldChamps

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I have to admit... my vote for MIP this year would be VW... Would anyone be surprised if he makes the pro bowl next year?

27 views, and no comments? WTF? i wish anyone on these boards understood a little about football... i feel like im in those loser red clubseats now...

I agree with you especially if he plays like he did the latter part of the season we just need someone to give him a breather every once in a while and the centers around the league will feel the pain.

PatsWorldChamps said:
27 views, and no comments? WTF? i wish anyone on these boards understood a little about football... i feel like im in those loser red clubseats now...

oh please insult us more so we can gush about your wonderful insights. :rolleyes:

ok ok. the sky is the limit with this kid. probowl? tough because NTs dont get much love. there was that enough football for you?

Last edited:
Digger44 said:
ok ok. the sky is the limit with this kid. probowl? tough because NTs dont get much love. there was that enough football for you?
yeah i love it... first of all the pro-bowl is pretty much a joke... anyways, do you think there is a better 3-4 NT in the league, right now, than VW? if any fans, or trolls, think there is a better 3-4 NT then who? im just inviting you all to play... name your dude. i (and i watch every game, thanks to directv,) think VW is the best NT in the NFL, but i welcome all comments... (i just bet that the NFL & their yuk yuks), catch on next year.

Vince had the light bulb come on late in the season. I don't credit Seymour with his improvement, he did it by being a better player technique-wise, though if anyone had an impact on his performance on the field it was Tedy cueing him on what was happening.

The NT for San Diego was doing his Ted Washington imitation this season and could be better if I cared to watch San Diego play every week. If Vince starts the season where he left off, and improves his conditioning, which was another factor (how much did the cooler temperatures in November help him?), then he should be very dominant in 2006.

PatsWorldChamps said:
yeah i love it... first of all the pro-bowl is pretty much a joke... anyways, do you think there is a better 3-4 NT in the league, right now, than VW? if any fans, or trolls, think there is a better 3-4 NT then who? im just inviting you all to play... name your dude. i (and i watch every game, thanks to directv,) think VW is the best NT in the NFL, but i welcome all comments... (i just bet that the NFL & their yuk yuks), catch on next year.

The great thing about Wilfork is he's quick as hell too.

One of the idiot commentators actually made an intelligent observation about how Wilfork breaks up screen so well.

RayClay said:
The great thing about Wilfork is he's quick as hell too.

One of the idiot commentators actually made an intelligent observation about how Wilfork breaks up screen so well.

actually, it was madden (who is usually an idiot), said VW was the best guy he has seen against the screen, ever... pretty heady stuff from a coach that has seen it all since 1970... VW is gonna be a stud.... you heard it here first.

Whose Wilfork and what's a nose tackle?

PatsWorldChamps said:

Casey Hampton in Pitt is pretty damn good.

I don't care if he makes the pro bowl, or if he plays any better, as long as he doesn't regress next year we'll be in great shape. I hate thinking about next year already but our front seven is returning and it's games against Denver and TB (especially Denver as it was on the road) validated what they did against the run the second half of the season. And a big part of that was Big Vince.

PatsWorldChamps said:
actually, it was madden (who is usually an idiot), said VW was the best guy he has seen against the screen, ever... pretty heady stuff from a coach that has seen it all since 1970... VW is gonna be a stud.... you heard it here first.

Madden is no idiot. He was one of the best coaches ever and only quit so early because of his fear of flying. Sometimes he gets to blubbering and stammering, but that's just his brain getting ahead of his mouth. Yeah, also, in SB36 he said the Pats should sit on it and play for OT, but everybody's wrong now and then. Besides, he likes your man Wilfork. I do too. He should be as good as Ted Washington was and he's just 24.

Fanfrom1960 said:
Madden is no idiot. He was one of the best coaches ever and only quit so early because of his fear of flying. Sometimes he gets to blubbering and stammering, but that's just his brain getting ahead of his mouth. Yeah, also, in SB36 he said the Pats should sit on it and play for OT, but everybody's wrong now and then. Besides, he likes your man Wilfork. I do too. He should be as good as Ted Washington was and he's just 24.

He will be a better player than Washington was in his prime due to his superior quickness. He can actually put some pressure on the QB and not just play the run. I loved Teddy, but Vince has so much more potential and I can't wait to see what he develops into.

Wilfork was a top 7 pick on most peoples board the year he was drafted....When he dropped down to us, most people complained it was the rich getting richer. The thing that jumped out to me was how much bigger he looked this year.....Like a Ted Washington size in the middle....I'm sure BB is thinking that with Big Sey, Wilfork and Warren (who is turning out to be a steal too), our LB's should all be coming back, all BB needs is to do is pick up 1 real good free agent secondary player and we could be the NIGHTMARE D of New England!!

FloridaPatsFan said:
Wilfork was a top 7 pick on most peoples board the year he was drafted....When he dropped down to us, most people complained it was the rich getting richer. The thing that jumped out to me was how much bigger he looked this year.....Like a Ted Washington size in the middle....I'm sure BB is thinking that with Big Sey, Wilfork and Warren (who is turning out to be a steal too), our LB's should all be coming back, all BB needs is to do is pick up 1 real good free agent secondary player and we could be the NIGHTMARE D of New England!!

I am not so convinced that this is accurate. to make only one change in the secondary would not be wise at all. 1. it is not 100% that rodney can make it back by the start of the season. we all pray he does, but nobody knows. 2. we have an aging lb core. we need to start teaching tedy's replacement. 3. Willie is almost done (1-2 years). no doubt he is on fire, but the fire will not last forever. we need to find a monster pass rusher to replace him. 4. corners, corners, corners. it seems as if we cannot have enough cb's. somehow we need to find a shutdown corner. is this the 1 good free agent secondary player you are thinking of? 5. we cannot afford to stay the same team. bb is always buliding for the future. we do not build for just one SB run and then fizzle due to cap space. we always grow to win the SB every year.

Wilfork has had solid improvement this season, but for the Pro Bowl you are talking about a dominant NT like Ted Washington in his prime. Washington was selected for the Pro Bowl twice I believe. With the Pat's Washington even pushed two OL backwards into the QB to disrupt the play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes