PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wilfork says he wouldn't mind playing for the Bucs or Dolfoons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Wilfork says he wouldnt mind playing for the Bucs or Dolfoons.

Yes, someone doesn't agree with you, it is bullcrap. Same old BS. But now that you aren't a Patriots homer and take their side on everything and done a 180 and want to trash them for everything, you think my posts are bullcrap. Sorry, I haven't changed one bit.

Call me a homer if you want, but I haven't changed at all. My stance on Belichick has always been the same, I haven't agreed with some of his moves, but he has earned my trust in him until this team totally implodes. And only in a spoiled Patriots universe would 10-6 and a division title be considered totally imploding.

You have gone from sounding like the Big Show to sounding like Felger and Mazz.

I've never been a Patriots homer, as anyone who's read my posts would know. You've simply become a shill.

In a funny example of just how bad you homers have gone into the tank, the Big show has gone to sounding like Felger and Mazz, as you put it, with regards to the team. They see, and have discussed at some length, many of the very same problems that I have, yet you are foolish enough to make that analogy.

And only in a willfully ignorant universe would 10-6 and a division title be a defense to the reality of a team struggling to halt a decline, when the team itself is acknowledging the problems. Maybe you should call Gillette and make sure they put up a playoff participation banner.

P.S. The "bullcrap" is the scenarios you put forth as worst case when they are nowhere near such. Disagreement is irrelevant when you're as far off the mark as you were.

Last edited:

I've never been a Patriots homer, as anyone who's read my posts would know. You've simply become a shill.

In a funny example of just how bad you homers have gone into the tank, the Big show has gone to sounding like Felger and Mazz, as you put it, with regards to the team. They see the many of the very same problems that I have, yet you are foolish enough to make that analogy.

And only in a willfully ignorant universe would 10-6 and a division title be a defense to the reality of a team struggling to halt a decline, when the team itself is acknowledging the problems.

Again, I never said there wasn't a problem with this team. I am just saying it is fixable and this team has fixed similiar problems before. Sorry, but my crystal ball is on the fritz and unlike you I have no idea how it is going to play out this offseason and I am willing to give Belichick the benefit of the doubt since the offseason doesn't even begin for 5 weeks. But since you have already seen the future and you know the Wilfork situation is going to end badly and the Pats are not going make any moves to fix their problems, you have the luxury to to make those assessments. If this team hasn't improved come August, then maybe my attitude will change. But the Pats have plenty money to spend if they want whether there is a cap or not.

You also seem to have a alternative universe machine where you now know that Seymour would have been so good this last season that his play for this past season would have benefitted the Pats more than if the first round pick in 2011 turns into the next Brady or Lawrence Taylor or that if Welker was playing Brady would have definitely thrown the ball to him instead of getting stripped sacks. Granted no reasonable person could know that, but you do.

You have turned into an irrational troll. You have always been arrogant, but at least you weren't making grandeous statements that you have no evidence to back it up.

You want to call me anything you want. I don't care, but you are kidding yourself if you think I have changed and you have stayed the same.

Last edited:
The ful article from the sun sentinel quoted hin as saying that he wants to stay in New England and hopes it works out. It's not as if he said he was done with the Patriots.

The ful article from the sun sentinel quoted hin as saying that he wants to stay in New England and hopes it works out. It's not as if he said he was done with the Patriots.

For all we know, Wilfork could have a long term deal before March 5th. People are condemning the Pats and making predictions of Wilfork sitting out, being a cancer, or shooting his way out of town before the Pats have even franchised the guy. The Pats have let it be known negotiations are halted until early February with all of their free agents. We really need to take a step back and take a deep breath and let it playout.

It seems the Pats want Wilfork and Wilfrok wants to be a Patriot. Now they just have to get the numbers done. It doesn't seem like either side doesn't want a deal done.

For all we know, Wilfork could have a long term deal before March 5th. People are condemning the Pats and making predictions of Wilfork sitting out, being a cancer, or shooting his way out of town before the Pats have even franchised the guy. The Pats have let it be known negotiations are halted until early February with all of their free agents. We really need to take a step back and take a deep breath and let it playout.

It seems the Pats want Wilfork and Wilfrok wants to be a Patriot. Now they just have to get the numbers done. It doesn't seem like either side doesn't want a deal done.

that's exactly how I feel. the team just got back from vacation and if I remember correctly they said they wouldn't be looking over contracts until February. I'll worry about this if Wilfork is still waiting for an extension on March 5th

I think that the Patriots past history of letting veterans walk away from the team is what is getting people so concerned about this. No other team in the league has designated a franchise tag on anyone, no other team in the league has made a big signing. The coaching staff just got back from a break this week and their duties right now are scouting at the Senior Bowl. Talks will heat up in the next few weeks.

I agree that both the Pats and Wilfork want him to be a Patriot next year. They are at pretty opposite ends though as to how each side wants that to happen. It will take some negotiations and some budging from both sides but a deal will definitely get done, just give it time.

I think that the Patriots past history of letting veterans walk away from the team is what is getting people so concerned about this. No other team in the league has designated a franchise tag on anyone, no other team in the league has made a big signing. The coaching staff just got back from a break this week and their duties right now are scouting at the Senior Bowl. Talks will heat up in the next few weeks.

I agree that both the Pats and Wilfork want him to be a Patriot next year. They are at pretty opposite ends though as to how each side wants that to happen. It will take some negotiations and some budging from both sides but a deal will definitely get done, just give it time.

I agree there is probably a pretty big chasm between what the Pats are offering and what Wilfork wants, but there was just as big one with Seymour a few years back. They found a happy medium by making Seymour playing out his rookie deal in exchange for being the highest paid d-lineman for the years of his new deal. The Pats and Wilfork may find a similiar middle ground (obviously, Wilfork has no more rookie deal to play out, but the Pats might get some security for if there is a work stoppage in 2011 or something similiar). I seriously doubt the chances of Wilfork getting a new deal have dwindled to next to nothing.

Last edited:
I agree there is probably a pretty big chasm between what the Pats are offering and what Wilfork wants, but there was just as big one with Seymour a few years back. They found a happy medium by making Seymour playing out his rookie deal in exchange for being the highest paid d-lineman for the years of his new deal. The Pats and Wilfork may find a similiar middle ground (obviously, Wilfork has no more rookie deal to play out, but the Pats might get some security for if there is a work stoppage in 2011 or something similiar). I seriously doubt the chances of Wilfork getting a new deal have dwindled to next to nothing.

Keep in mind two things:

(A) Neither side has mentioned specific numbers, so we don't know how big the chasm might be.

(B) More importantly, what the Patriots can offer in 2010 is more than what they could have offered in 2009. In addition to the lack of a salary cap, there were specific limits on what players could be offered in new OR renegotiated contracts in 2009, specifically to prevent teams from backloading deals in uncapped years.

This is not to say that everything is hunky-dory, but they are data points to remember.

Any member of the Patriots staff and front office realize just how valuable Wilfork is to the team and what he has given to the organization as well (still playing with his rookie contract). They realize he needs to be rewarded for both his play on the field and being a professional. I have great confidence that the 2 sides will come to agreement. If the Patriots somehow allows Wilfork to walk away that would be the worst move in the BB era.

In all honesty, I think from the tone of Wilforks statements and the fact that an agreement hasn't been reached it is unlikely they will strike a long term agreement. I would be willing to to take TB's 2 second round picks, being numbers 35 and 42 for Wilfork. Given how deep this draft is it would give them a chance to either take 2 solid players or combine them and move up. Obviously the draft picks aren't proven but I would rather get something for Wilfork than nothing. 5 picks in the 2nd round would give the Patriots a lot of ability to move around and would provide a couple of exciting days.

It has gotten ridiculously contentious in here as of late. Settle down y'all; we're all on the same side.

Again, I never said there wasn't a problem with this team. I am just saying it is fixable and this team has fixed similiar problems before. Sorry, but my crystal ball is on the fritz and unlike you I have no idea how it is going to play out this offseason and I am willing to give Belichick the benefit of the doubt since the offseason doesn't even begin for 5 weeks. But since you have already seen the future and you know the Wilfork situation is going to end badly and the Pats are not going make any moves to fix their problems, you have the luxury to to make those assessments. If this team hasn't improved come August, then maybe my attitude will change. But the Pats have plenty money to spend if they want whether there is a cap or not.

I don't claim to know how the offseason is going to play out, and I didn't say that the Wilfork situation is going to end badly. This is what I mean about you. Perhaps if you'd take the time to actually read what was posted instead of jumping up on a soapbox at the first sign of anything that's not a ringing endorsement of all things Belichick, you could figure out that I was merely talking about what would be the worst case scenario. At no time have I claimed that the Wilfork situation was going to end badly.

But don't let facts get in the way of you posting things that are wrong.

You also seem to have a alternative universe machine where you now know that Seymour would have been so good this last season that his play for this past season would have benefitted the Pats more than if the first round pick in 2011 turns into the next Brady or Lawrence Taylor or that if Welker was playing Brady would have definitely thrown the ball to him instead of getting stripped sacks. Granted no reasonable person could know that, but you do.

Let's try this once again, since you apparently have lost the ability to even pretend to be rational. Hopefully, this will help lead you back, although I hold out little hope:

A.) The team had lost a lot of players coming into this season.

B.) Seymour is a Hall of fame level player.

C.) The team didn't have anyone behind Seymour who was anywhere near as good a player.

D.) The team could have had Seymour on the team this season helping a defense that needed help.

E.) The team could have either franchised Seymour after this season or let him walk and still probably gotten a 2011 3rd round pick as compensation.

F.) Without Seymour, both the pass rush and the run defense was significantly weaker than it would have been with him on the team, given his level of play as recently as last season.

G.) The 2011 pick is something that Patriots fans will hope nets a player of Seymour's talent. The problem is that they already had Seymour.

H.) Brady is going to be about 34 before that 2011 player even hits the field for the team, meaning that 2009 and 2010 (32 + 33) were years without a top notch player on the field for Brady's prime so that the team could draft a player to develop through Brady's NFL dotage.

I.) Even without the pick from the Seymour trade, the Patriots will have had 10 picks in the top 2 rounds from 2009-2011. The team clearly will have had the ability to load up on players even without that pick.

Now, you can keep singing whistling in the dark about a 2011 pick, or you can wise up to what you witnessed this past season. I really don't care which. I've been avoiding posting responses to you recently because of just this sort of silliness that's become your norm.

However, if trading Seymour was so great, perhaps it's time to move Wilfork, Brady and Mankins. Mankins and Wilfork are at the end of their deals, and Brady has just one year left on his before he'll want way too much money, and he's damaged goods anyway. They should really get rid of all these guys, for the good of the future. Just imagine all the great draft picks the team could get in return. This team will be absolutely amazing in 2015!

You have turned into an irrational troll. You have always been arrogant, but at least you weren't making grandeous statements that you have no evidence to back it up.

You want to call me anything you want. I don't care, but you are kidding yourself if you think I have changed and you have stayed the same.

I haven't changed. The team hasn't been as good and I've pointed that out. Belichick has made terrible moves and I've pointed them out. It's really nothing more than that. I've defended Pees, Light, O'Brien, Maroney, and Watson, among others, even as I've pointed out problems in other areas. I also expressed my opinion that if Brady had been 100% Brady, a lot of the problems would have been overcome and the team would still have been an Elite team. It seems to me that I'm still doing as I always have, which is look at each issue and incident separately as well as looking at them as part of a whole.

Some major things I've harped on this season:

Bad Burgess trade
Seymour trade having a negative impact on this season and being even worse when looked at in combination with the Burgess trade
Lack of WR3 after cutting Galloway loose
Overrated defense that isn't up to facing the better offenses
Screw up on 4th down as part of an entire series of screw ups.

Seems to me that I've been just one of many considering those things problems, as opposed to just being some troll stirring it up. But, then again, for those who can't handle the team facing some honest and deserved criticism, even that's probably too much.

Last edited:
What more could anyone want in a nose tackle? He deserves a long term deal at market value. Just give it to him.

It's all going to begin with Brady- and my hope is he gets signed before Manning gets his contract redone. Brady has made small talk about "we're overpaid as it is" but that is horse sh!t. Everyone has an ego. If everything goes right, the Colts will make sure Manning gets the higher contract and put the squeeze on themselves for the next 4-5 years.

Hopefully they get done with Brady relatively quick so that the rest of the dominos can fall in place Wilfork, Mankins, et al.

I don't care what anyone says, Wilfork is not easily replaceable. Word is out that BB has been asking about Cody at Alabama- hopefully this is a case of BB having his bases covered.

Now while I am not a fan of some of the Patriots approach to extensions (e.g. Samuel) Rob is still right- 10-6 and a division title and it's all gloom and doom in here. Wait until we go 6-10, then start calling for BB's head. Until that happens, its "in BB we trust."

"We've been waiting for two years," Wilfork told Kelly. "Been trying to talk for two years. I did all the things I could do. Did all the right things to the point people questioned me why I did it. Why I was the good soldier. Why I was playing through pain and risking my career for one year. But I loved the game of football," said Wilfork, who contributed 43 tackles and one forced fumbled during a 13 game season shortened by a knee injury. "I signed a six-year deal [as a rookie] when a lot of people weren't. I played it out. I did the right thing and it's time for me to move on. This is definitely not on me. We'll see where it goes from here."

Up till now, i've been very relaxed about the Wilfork situation. I was confident that both sides have talked, and it was understood that nothing is going to happen until BB knows whats up with the CBA.

Now, im wondering why Vince is shooting his mouth off to the press. Twice in one week. Even after it became public knowledge that BB informed all players that nothing was going to happen with new deals for a few weeks. So why is Vince acting like Assante, or Meion? What does he think this will accomplish? If he's trying to paint himself as the nice guy going up against the evil empire, well, it isnt working. He's starting to piss me off. I hate it when players make their contract issues public.

I agree, he's played out his contract, and deserves a new one. He just needs to shut up about it. He'll either play here next year, or he wont, but in the meantime i don't want to hear anyone *****ing about their millions.

Brady, Brown, Bruschi, Harrison, just to name a few. These men played the game, and left their money issues to be handled in private. They never used the press to whine about their contracts.

Wow, this thread reminds me of when my parents used to fight before they split up. Please Rob and Deus, don't get divorced! I'll be better, I promise!!

Any member of the Patriots staff and front office realize just how valuable Wilfork is to the team and what he has given to the organization as well (still playing with his rookie contract). They realize he needs to be rewarded for both his play on the field and being a professional. I have great confidence that the 2 sides will come to agreement. If the Patriots somehow allows Wilfork to walk away that would be the worst move in the BB era.

The Ptriots seem to never offer contracts as a reward. They offer them based on perceived future value.

That being said, I pray they sign big VFW.

Just playing along with the notion we trade him (which I do not want to happen).....

We tag him and then trade him to the Buccs. We take their #3 pick this year and their first rounder next year, giving us two first rounders and three second rounders this year, and three (yes three) first rounders next year as well as our second rounder.

We could then trade that and either our #22 pick this year or even better our own first rounder next year, to the Rams (looking at the trade value chart the numbers are spot on), taking Suh first overall, they get to take Clausen or whoever at #3, we get Iupati or Graham (who I'm sold on completely) at #22, then take BPA in round two (Pouncey, Lane, Norwood?)

That would still leave us with two probable top 15 and likely top 10 picks next year where we take one of the Fab Four, and someone like Greg Romeus or Cameron Hayward.

In 2011 our front 7 could possibly be:

Romeus - Suh - Warren - Graham

Norwood - Mayo - McKenzie

Or:

Warren - Brace - Suh

Romeus - Norwood - Mayo - Lane

With our O-line looking something like:

Vollmer - Mankins - Pouncey - Iupati - LeVoir.

Just something to chew over.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back