PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wilfork on the cover of SI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who has been on the most Sports Illustrated covers?
Michael Jordan, followed by Muhammad Ali

Yup. Clearly jinxed those two losers.
:bricks:

Digging for the content, have not found much:
In this issue, Tim Layden writes about Wilfork and the rest of the league’s big defensive linemen in a story entitled “Attack of the Space Eaters.” In addition, NFL writer Peter King says the Patriots look “like a better team than the 2007 team that entered the Super Bowl 18–0.” He goes on to predict the Patriots will beat the Green Bay Packers 30-24 in the Super Bowl.
Wilfork is the first NFL defensive tackle to grace the cover on his own since Albert Haynesworth on the Nov. 11, 2008.

Wilfork is the first NFL defensive tackle to grace the cover on his own since Albert Haynesworth on the Nov. 11, 2008.
And we know how thaat turned out lol...

:rolleyes:

Attachments

• 1112_large.jpg
    1112_large.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 119
haha I wonder how big Wilfork actually is? I actually don't think 325 is too far off, as he's fairly short for a lineman (helps with leverage). I can't imagine he's more than 10 pounds off of that listed weight. I know he's massive and all, but 325 pounds is a freaking lot still for a 6' man haha

From a 6' 300 lb man who has seen him in person I think that might be just a bit off.....though I dont remember if my meeting him was before or after his wife cracked down on the diet.

In response to PushnPencils' :

0124_large.jpg

;)

The last time there was one defensive player featured on the cover (a clear leader, one could argue.) The rule (newly instated), is that only Patriots defensive captains should appear on the cover.

The Patriots made no SI cover appearances before the 2001 & 2003 SB championships, in 2004 they had a few with Tom Brady, including one for the 19 game winning streak, before losing to Pitt 2 weeks later.

Superstition Rule #2 is that Belichick should never be associated with the color red.

1231_large.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back