PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wilfork=Monster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayClay

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
The guy has firmed up and made the Carolina field goal protection look like the Sisters of Mercy second team.

Hate to be a nag, but he looks quicker than some of our LBs too.

Only kidding, but if the pass rush is to come from the linebackers, I'd really like to start seeing some more athleticism there.

A.D. needs to learn, but we're supposed to get it from all our LBs, right?

P.S., nice controlled rush by Rogers noted.

Last edited:
I watched the game with a Panther fan, and we both noticed a few plays were Wilfork was really flying to the ball career.

He looks unreasonably fast for a nose tackle, especially one who appears as portly as he does

I watched the game with a Panther fan, and we both noticed a few plays were Wilfork was really flying to the ball career.

He looks unreasonably fast for a nose tackle, especially one who appears as portly as he does

don't confuse 'fast' for hungry

Vince is going to make the leap this year, and the rest of the D is going to benefit--watch what happens when the middle is consistently blown up--dude is going to DESTROY game plans, one OL at a time...

yow

He has been a very good/great player, but I still think that he can take it to a higher level, and maybe this will be his year to be an all-pro from start to finish.

He came into the league at a young age, with the loss of his parents, and being in a new system, he has had challenges but still played very good/great for us.

I just have a feeling that he is one of those players that has not yet peaked.

Hopefully, we re-sign him early!

Ty Warren: drafted in 2003 and split time his first year, he started full time his second year, had a very solid third year, and had his breakout in the fourth year after a substantial offseason that increased his burst and strength.

Vince Wilfork: drafted in 2004 and split time his first year, he started full time his second year, had a very solid third year...oddly enough he's been reported to have dropped a huge chunk of weight, rather like he had a substantial offseason.

You need to check him out this year. He lost a lot of weight and added muscle.

He's a monster!!

Vince is the real deal. I like how he threw a shoulder into the pace holder after blocking the first FG.

You need to check him out this year. He lost a lot of weight and added muscle.

He's a monster!!

I have to definitely agree. The guy's stamina is unbelievable, he's in awesome shape. I think he's gonna have an awesome year as he seems like he's always on the field. I think he's gonna set himself apart as the top nose tackle in football.

This Pats defense is gonna be nasty this year and I think they're gonna be the top defense.

I agree he has taken big steps this year, and looks like ever more of a force to be reckoned with..imagine a young qb looking across the line at Seymour, Warren, Wilfork, Bruschi, Thomas, Vrabel and Colvin.. holy crap what is the weakness.. how we gonna block all these guys???

I also read that vince had dropped close to 20 pounds in the offseason

As funny as it may sound I think the addition of Kareem Brown has added to Wilfork's motivation for this season. Vince and Kareem were very competitive with eachother at Miami and Kareem used to tell Vince he wanted his job, so I'm sure Vince would like to show Kareem just how good he is, lol!

If Brown also turns into the player I think he could than over the next few seasons NE's defensive line could end up doing some very big things. I think they will even without his development, but I'm thinking on a grand scale.

Seymour: one of the best defensive linemen in the entire league.

Wilfork: one of the best NT's in the NFL. I'd probably only put him second to Williams, for now.

Warren: started to turn into a dominant player last year. The guy was the AFC Defensive player of the month last year. Kind of strange to think NE has him and Seymour, huh?

Green: 7.5 sacks last year, and just seems to get the job done when he comes in. Probably starting for any other team.

Wright: Solid backup who looks to be getting stronger.

Kareem Brown: Second all time on Miami's career sack list, and really turned it on during the 2006 season. He already looks better than some of the Patriots recent draft picks at the position, so I'm hoping he can develop into something nice.

Le Kevin Smith: Starting to flash some ability, and could end up being a nice player, if he makes the 53.

Last edited:
One neat note from last night. The starting three d linemen were Smith, Green, and Wilfork. So we were missing 2 of our three best linemen and we completely dominated a good Carolina team. It sure will be fun when the season starts.

One neat note from last night. The starting three d linemen were Smith, Green, and Wilfork. So we were missing 2 of our three best linemen and we completely dominated a good Carolina team. It sure will be fun when the season starts.

kareem Brown was in with the first team a lot as well.

don't confuse 'fast' for hungry

Vince is going to make the leap this year, and the rest of the D is going to benefit--watch what happens when the middle is consistently blown up--dude is going to DESTROY game plans, one OL at a time...

yow

That is scary! :eek: I thought he made the leap last year. He may require triple teams from some of the weaker/lighter lines in the league!!:cool:

Just thinking about Ted Washington, who showed us all what a nose tackle is supposed to do... but it looks right now that Wilfork will take it to another level, how many days now about 15 cannot wait for the season to start.

This is a man who ... even while lugging baby fat in his rookie year ...
ran down a RB at the sidelines.

In addition to the two demoralizing FG blocks - which were to VW's account whether or not his hand was on the ball -
he and his accomplices also tipped the PAT (which went thru anyway.)

What if place-kick blocks become a regular thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back