PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wilfork: Meriweather Illegal Hit Sparked Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
i saw a replay of the hit for the penalty from a buddy and yes it was illegal it didn't look like he was head hunting just had terrible timing on the hit. Heap's head was on the way down After BM started his leap.

He's just got to be careful

Meriweather said this AM that he's been told several times today (I'd imagine by his coaches...) that if he held his position he would have intercepted that ball instead of blowing a third down stop. But he doesn't care. He wouldn't change anything. That's the way he plays. Yeah, stupid...
Yes in hindsight, he could have intercepted it from his original spot, but it was barely overthrown, too close to gamble. Couple of inches lower and Heap catches that with no one in front of him if BM stayed home, then everyone is on his case for being out of position. Right play, poor execution. It was 3rd down, making sure someone doesn't catch a ball to force a punt takes precedence over gambling for an INT.

Reiss selected the relevant quotes about the topic at hand. All we got from you were the usual smears we've come to expect. And now, as others have mentioned, Wilfork isn't a leader because he agrees with Meriweather!

We get it Mo. Now that Moss is gone, you need someone new to get all sanctimonious about. I'm sure pretty much everyone and their mother could see this coming from a mile away.

This. Now that Maroney and Moss are gone, the board needs a new whipping boy. Meriweather is a perfect target because people still get hung up on his made up "character issues" from 2007. Meriweather stomped on a guy wearing football pads on the back a couple times during an rivalry game brawl.

You know who else stomped on someone? Randy Moss. And Moss put a guy in the hospital when him and his friend beat the crap out of someone. However, no one runs around on this forum calling him "Stomper Moss" (they'd rather name call from the safety of there homes things like "Dog Faker").

People on here stupidly rip Meriweather for everything he screws up, and give credit to the other 10 people on the field when he does stuff right. Breaking up the play at the goal line yesterday which was supposed to be called on Arrington and two of the plays he blew up in the backfield against Miami are the two I can think of off the top of my head. The guy never gets credit on this forum, and really hasn't since he came in and didn't start his first game against the Jets.

I honestly think racism has something to do with it. Moss, Maroney, Meriweather. There have been threads ripping Ron Brace, Jerod Mayo, Brandon Spikes, and Fred Taylor. However, I never see a "Julian Edelman is made of GLASS" thread. Hmmmm, wonder why. :rolleyes:

And the people who are approving of this kind of idiocy and using Rodney as example are way off base. Rodney was way smarter than BM about knowing when and when not to take his shots. Plus, he wasn't playing in an environment when the refs are going to call anything remotely close to the head a penalty, nor in an era where the NFL has explicitly stated it wasn't going to tolerate these types of hits on defensless players.
And yet Rodney got fined magnitudes more than Merriweather does.

I honestly think racism has something to do with it. Moss, Maroney, Meriweather. There have been threads ripping Ron Brace, Jerod Mayo, Brandon Spikes, and Fred Taylor. However, I never see a "Julian Edelman is made of GLASS" thread. Hmmmm, wonder why. :rolleyes:

Real talk bro.

You gonna blow this thing up now?

:cool:

Last edited:
Hope Vince and the boys find someone else to motivate them in San Diego 'cause Punky Meriweather is getting suspended for that cheap shot.
BTW why do Dale and Holley bother having him on their show?? He giggles like Liberace and brings no indepth analysis on anything. Why is he on??

Kinda like you.

This. Now that Maroney and Moss are gone, the board needs a new whipping boy. Meriweather is a perfect target because people still get hung up on his made up "character issues" from 2007. Meriweather stomped on a guy wearing football pads on the back a couple times during an rivalry game brawl.

You know who else stomped on someone? Randy Moss. And Moss put a guy in the hospital when him and his friend beat the crap out of someone. However, no one runs around on this forum calling him "Stomper Moss" (they'd rather name call from the safety of there homes things like "Dog Faker").

People on here stupidly rip Meriweather for everything he screws up, and give credit to the other 10 people on the field when he does stuff right. Breaking up the play at the goal line yesterday which was supposed to be called on Arrington and two of the plays he blew up in the backfield against Miami are the two I can think of off the top of my head. The guy never gets credit on this forum, and really hasn't since he came in and didn't start his first game against the Jets.

Light is a white player who's a frequent scapegoating target, and Mankins still gets pummeled over his bad performance in the Super Bowl. Let's not go tossing out the race card for something that has nothing to do with it.

Light is a white player who's a frequent scapegoating target, and Mankins still gets pummeled over his bad performance in the Super Bowl. Let's not go tossing out the race card for something that has nothing to do with it.

Could you point out some threads about that? We've got probably 10 threads on 1 from Merriweather. I don't remember ever seeing a "Matt light is a thug" thread.

Bill O'Brien's Black?

Come on, Deus. I didn't say it's the end all and be all. I just said in my opinion, I think that has something to do with it. Light and Mankins together have never gotten as much hate spewed at them, except in Feb 2008 (which they richly deserved, btw).

Come on, Deus. I didn't say it's the end all and be all. I just said in my opinion, I think that has something to do with it. Light and Mankins together have never gotten as much hate spewed at them, except in Feb 2008 (which they richly deserved, btw).

Ok, who are the white players who should be taking abuse and aren't?

It wasn't this week, didn't someone try to decapitate Welker last year and there wasn't a flag or fine? I just remember it being a very vicious cheap shot.

I thought maybe you were referring to the Steelers game in 2008. I don't remember who did it though.

You know what bro? I think some people on this board don't like to see players with dreads (wink-wink) on their TV screens, or even in the NFL for that matter.

They like the good old days, when people with dreads (wink-wink) knew their place.

Yeah, it's the dreads.

You know what I'm sayin? :cool:

Last edited:
Ok, who are the white players who should be taking abuse and aren't?

Julian Edelman. This guy gets hurt just as much as Maroney. Mike Wright has been mediocre at best (just as good as Ron Brace, who got CRUCIFIED on this forum for over a year).

Julian Edelman. This guy gets hurt just as much as Maroney. Mike Wright has been mediocre at best (just as good as Ron Brace, who got CRUCIFIED on this forum for over a year).

Edelman and Wright are backup players. Edelman came in as a rookie 7th round draft pick and played well when healthy. Wright was a UDFA who's made himself into a good pass rushing d-lineman.

Why the hell would anyone have a beef with either of them?

That being said, claiming that Brace has been as good as Wright is insane.

Last edited:
Edelman and Wright are backup players. Edelman came in as a rookie 7th round draft pick and played well when healthy. Wright was a UDFA who's made himself into a good pass rushing d-lineman.

Why the hell would anyone have a beef with either of them?

That being said, claiming that Brace has been as good as Wright is insane.

What the hell does a player's draft position have to do with anything?

The meat of my argument, not the opinion part at the end that everyone is focused on: This. Now that Maroney and Moss are gone, the board needs a new whipping boy. Meriweather is a perfect target because people still get hung up on his made up "character issues" from 2007. Meriweather stomped on a guy wearing football pads on the back a couple times during an rivalry game brawl.

People on here stupidly rip Meriweather for everything he screws up, and give credit to the other 10 people on the field when he does stuff right. Breaking up the play at the goal line yesterday (The penalty was supposed to be called on Arrington) and two of the plays he blew up in the backfield against Miami are the two I can think of off the top of my head. The guy never gets credit on this forum, and really hasn't since he came in and didn't start his first game against the Jets.

Last edited:
Could you point out some threads about that? We've got probably 10 threads on 1 from Merriweather. I don't remember ever seeing a "Matt light is a thug" thread.

When is the last time Light has screwed up though?
Merriweather has been a negative all season, ofcourse you can go find 20 threads on him right now. However Light has been ate up by alot of people including myself on this board, I still think he's an above average LT who is thankfully in his last season here.

Mankins has been criticized considerably for his stupid line about principal in contract negotiations, when it's really all about the money. I think it's funny to say it's racist..Let me guess, because everyone from MA is racist right?

In the NFL, you have a lot more blacks than white. So more often than not, a black player going to be criticized, they're in the spot light most of the time. It's hard to complain about the 4th string white dude trying to make it at LB. But if you want examples,

People hated Beisel. They hated Chad Brown. They were mixed about Joe Andruzzi, Nick Kazcur has been criticized left and right (and rightfully so) I do agree with another guy that Edelman should be criticized for his lack of production, but I guess people give him more rope because he IS a 7th round conversion project afterall, it was a little unreasonlable expecting him to become Wes Welker 2.0 his second season.

But please, drop the race card. I'm sure there are racists, there is everywhere. But to say players are run out of town because theyre black is stupid. How many players in MODERN TIMES have the Patriots run out of town because they're black?

Meriweather has been a negative all season? How so?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back