PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wilfork: "If you don't want to win, you don't need to be here"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Wilfork-"If you don't want to win, you don't need to be here"

Umm...what?

....maybe because VW actually listed Moss as one of the leaders of the team in his quote?

Vince has to become a real leader on the team and i liked his words

well done # 75

I hope that the rest of the players on our team have this outlook. Playing and getting that pissed edge about yourself is good (Baltimore in the playoffs?). I think that VW is a leader and now has the backing of the team (financially or as a captain) to get in the younger guys faces when they screw up.

Too bad the Pats don't have captains cause Vince earned a C after this.Way to step up.

Too bad the Pats don't have captains cause Vince earned a C after this.Way to step up.

They do. Offensive, Defensive and Special Teams...

Wilfork was capt. last year and in 2008.

I do think he'll be a bit different this year...

Wilfork says, "If you don't want to win, you don't need to be here" | ProFootballTalk.com
PFT is saying hes talking about someone(Randy Moss) but i think its just a blanket statement about the team, i dont think he was really trying to call anyone out

does pft mention randy moss or is that from you? that's the most rediculous thing i have ever heard! i have never questioned Randy Moss's desire to win and anyone who does is a fool. More like AD/Springs/Baker.

Randy Moss busted his ass to stay on the field with a seperated shoulder. Grouping him in with this BS is insane!

yes they do, the NFL makes you assign captains

I'm perfectly fine if Mount W meant it for Moss (shot across the bow).

Moss needs to focus on 2010 season, but by the statements he(Moss) made in the recent article it sounds like he could easily be tuning out and would not shock me he goes through the motions upcoming season. He's done it in the past with Vikes and Raiders.

He has never done it in Minnesota...

Mo has issues with Moss being a dog faker, or something to that effect.

Nice to hear Vince saying this. I'm sure if anyone steps out of line next season, he can simply eat them.

With Bills blessing..........:eek::p

Well, I'm Facebook friends with Big Vince. I just hope it wasn't me he was calling out.

I love the fact that Big Vince has decided to take the lead. Remember unless your the lead dog, your view never changes!!!

Honestly this is a very young team and now Vince a guy who was drafted by the Pats, excelled with the Pats and was re-signed by the Pats to a huge deal, it is he that the young players will look to, and he is taking the lead. Besides anyone here want to cross Big Vince???

I love the fact that Big Vince has decided to take the lead. Remember unless your the lead dog, your view never changes!!!

Honestly this is a very young team and now Vince a guy who was drafted by the Pats, excelled with the Pats and was re-signed by the Pats to a huge deal, it is he that the young players will look to, and he is taking the lead. Besides anyone here want to cross Big Vince???

he's the highest paid guy on the defense......only warren has been there longer......he is the obvious leader in many ways

but the defense still needs a 'brain' in the back 7

I totally SUPPORT Big Vinces' statements!! It's about time someone spoke out! If you're just me me me, get off the team. We want winners, we need guys who are hungry for a championship!

Right on vince, this is exactly what the team needs.

Realistically, the kind of atmosphere that the Pats always had in the past come as much from the right attitude in the middle as it did from the leadership. Yeah, you had Rodney and Vrabel enforcing, but that only works if there aren't many guys that need to be enforced. Maybe one or two guys can destroy chemistry, but it takes a whole team to build it.

Ideally, you're looking at a couple of vocal leaders, a bunch of guys who don't need to be led, and then maybe a couple of guys who, without structure, would become malcontents. As long as the Pats continue to fill the middle of the roster with guys like Warren, Mayo, McKenzie, TBC, Chung, etc., who just go out and get the job done, then Wilfork stepping up and asserting himself as the alpha dog could be a great step in the right direction. If those sorts of guys all fall into line with Wilfork, then it might even be possible that someone like AD could be essentially forced into line.

Last edited:
hmm, this was great with the tidbit in the title, its even better when u read the whole piece...

Before Wilfork (last year) didnt know if he was going to be here long term...so he could not really call out players, and be vocal and truly lead like he needed to...b/c he just might have been gone the next year

Now, with him being here long term, this defense really is his show, and the piece shows that, we have someone to speak out, someone to command respect, and someone who cannot be denied as a leader

hers to hoping good ol Vince can bring the ATTITUDE of this defense to its 03/04 form

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes