PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wilfork-Brace-Warren

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about Warren- Brace-Wilfork- Seymour. I know that you 3-4 purest will not like that. But we could see a lot more 4-3 this year. We have not been able to get pressure up the middle and this may be a way to do it.

And BTW, we did switch to a 4-3 during the 2001 season and the defense improved. BB is a good enough coach to know that you play with the best horses and don't try to force what is not there.

You may be on to something there.

Maybe with many in the league going 3-4 he's come up with a new
scheme the big2-5 :)

Wilfork is pretty short for a 3-4 end, and has a pretty doughy frame to play that spot.

I don't see it happening.

Why not play Wilfork at OLB? That's where the need is. :p Come on get a grip, please. Wilfork at DE = square peg in round hole. I'm not sure why people are so urgent to see Seymour out the door. He's only been the cornerstone of the Pats defense since 2001 and is coming off one of his best years in 2008.

Last edited:
Why wouldn't the 4-3 concept play out?

It's certain we will play run between the tacles teams a few times a year. Besides insn't that one of the advantages of playing a 3-4 base?

Besides why can't the Pats become a 3-4 Dline factory? Worked well with Cassel.

I dont see Brace as a backup or any message to Wilfork, I see him as a legit starting nose tackle and likely replacement. Its all about value if hes legit bye Wilfork

We may indeed pay both Wilfork and Seymour $10M a year. We are exploring options.

Richard Seymour is one of a kind and Wilfork is not very far behind....Gruden even said so yesterday on NFLN that Seymour is as good as it gets and as good as anyone that has ever played the position....5 technique DE (said in response to Tyrone Jackson being the next RS).

We need RS....any NFL team would be glad to have RS.

I don't think we'll see Brace on the outside. He had the slowest time

of all the defensive tackles (5.5 40 yard dash).

I dont see Brace as a backup or any message to Wilfork, I see him as a legit starting nose tackle and likely replacement. Its all about value if hes legit bye Wilfork

Vee-he-ment-ly...as in "I disagree VEHEMENTLY".

As a poster on this board said recently, next to TB, VW is the most important player on this team. He is not going anywhere (and this is no reflection on Brace, who I think will be a very good 3-4 NT).

Last edited:
We'll get rid of Wilfork because of Brace just like when we got rid of Adalius because we drafted Crable.

Oh wait, that would be freaking stupid.

Well in nickel packages it does require two DT on the field. Love the Brace pickup.

Why would we ever move Wilfork to 3-4 DE? He's an all-star nose. And Brace has played all of zero snaps. Holy people...

How about Warren- Brace-Wilfork- Seymour. I know that you 3-4 purest will not like that. But we could see a lot more 4-3 this year. We have not been able to get pressure up the middle and this may be a way to do it.

And BTW, we did switch to a 4-3 during the 2001 season and the defense improved. BB is a good enough coach to know that you play with the best horses and don't try to force what is not there.

Bingo. Brace is a great pick-up. And Mayo has the wheels to play MLB. After partnering with Raji in college, Brace would be very comfortable next to Wilfork, IMO.

Bingo. Brace is a great pick-up. And Mayo has the wheels to play MLB. After partnering with Raji in college, Brace would be very comfortable next to Wilfork, IMO.

Except we aren't going to switch to a predominantly 4-3 defense, just like we never do EVERY YEAR when people make this argument. It's a hybrid, with 3-4 as its base. PERIOD.

Last edited:
Except we aren't going to switch to a predominantly 4-3 defense, just like we never do EVERY YEAR when people make this argument. It's a hybrid, with 3-4 as its base. PERIOD.

As more teams switch to a 3-4, and offenses become more comfortable against it, BB will probably go the 4-3 more often. Ex: It's all about match-ups, but this 4-3 might be more successful against a "Wildcat" formation.

I think Wilfork is fast enough to play DE in a 3-4. What say you all?

I don't expect Seymour and Green to playing for us in 2010. In any case, I'm sure Bleichick is assessing our 2010 options, including the obvious "how many DE's do we draft in the 2010 draft".

Instead of a great nose, we get a mediocre end.

And no, he in no way would replace Seymour, even if he is competent, which is doubtful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back