PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wilfork, BJGE, and Mayo back at practice today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patspsycho

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Per SMY and Reiss tweet.

Wilfork, Green-Ellis - and Mayo all back on the practice field...Barrett missing, as is Adams - though there's a no. 90 out here

Seems likely that Mayo returns after the bye.

Last edited:
Mayo back? Didn't they say 6-8 weeks? Dude's not human.

Whoa, Mayo back already? That seems like a pretty quick recovery, no?

Mayo back at practice

In shocking news, Jerod Mayo returns to practice today according to Ian Rappaport. I don't want them to rush him back like the last time he was injured, but good to see his injury isn't as bad as thought. Hopefully he can be back for the first game after the bye.

https://twitter.com/#!/RapSheet/statuses/124877602690310144

10618041.jpg

Oops! Didn't see this thread. As I said in mine, good to see Mayo back, but don't want them to rush him on the field.

Re: Mayo back at practice

Holy carp! That's pretty surprising.

Does that mean he actually might play?

Last edited:
I think Adams has been cut. I hear there is DL wearing 90 out there and he looks like a fat Adalius Thomas.

Wow. Curran says he was running fine, at least in straight line drills.

Twitter

i hope he is real good ,my concern he rushes and is less effective.He could rested him for the bye week.

I can't even process that. So it only looked like a torn ligament, it was actually an ingrown toenail?

I think Adams has been cut. I hear there is DL wearing 90 out there and he looks like a fat Adalius Thomas.

Reiss says they signed DT Marcus Harrison.

Twitter

There's a pretty broad range of MCL strains and they do heal pretty quickly.

It could have easily been a case of a reporter getting some unclear info about the injury and running with it. It's all about severity. Hernandez was back in two weeks from an MCL strain, so it's not anything out of the ordinary. I'm sure guys play on minor MCL strains all the time.

Slap a brace on it and get out there, Jerod!

Rodak's summary of Harrison when he was in for a workout yesterday:

The 27-year old Harrison was a third-round pick of the Bears in 2008. At 6-foot-3, 316 pounds, he has played in 37 career games, including nine starts in 2009. However, Harrison played in only five games last season and was placed on the active/non-football injury list by Chicago this summer after reporting to training camp overweight. He was released during final cuts and was set to sign with the Panthers before failing a physical.

Two DLs visit Foxborough on workouts - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

That's crazy. Hopefully this one isn't as bad as the one from his Sophomore season. Took him awhile to reach 100% after that one.

they should rest him for this week and then the bye. No way they need him for the lowly cowboys. Gives them an opportunity to try some different things with the defense anyway. Just wih GUyton could tackle in traffic in stead of ole-ing them.

JEROD MAYO

BEAST MODE
[ON] OFF​

Like a boss.

In shocking news, Jerod Mayo returns to practice today according to Ian Rappaport. I don't want them to rush him back like the last time he was injured, but good to see his injury isn't as bad as thought. Hopefully he can be back for the first game after the bye.

https://twitter.com/#!/RapSheet/statuses/124877602690310144

This is my only concern as well. I remember he came back from something similar in 2009 very quickly, but was noticeable that it hindered his effectivness.

Happy to hear the news, just hope he doesn't rush things and over do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots