Welcome to PatsFans.com

Wilfork after game on possibly being franchised: "Of course I would be upset"

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by pats1, Jan 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pats1

pats1 Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

BostonHerald.com - Blogs: Rap Sheet Blog Archive Patriots NT Vince Wilfork on if he’d be upset with a franchise tag: ”Of course I would.”
    Here we go again...
  2. PatsFan24

PatsFan24 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Re: Wilfork after game on possibly being franchised: "Up course I would be upset"

I hope he gets one from the Patriots
  3. BradyFTW!

BradyFTW! PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +812 / 12 / -5

#12 Jersey

Re: Wilfork after game on possibly being franchised: "Up course I would be upset"

Why wouldn't he be upset? He should be upset if he gets franchised. If he's earned an extension, give it to him. If he hasn't, let him get it somewhere else.
  4. ATippett56

ATippett56 Rookie

Ratings:
    +291 / 5 / -10

5. pats1

pats1 Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

I don't think you'll have to worry about that.
  6. TriplecHamp

TriplecHamp Rookie

Ratings:
    +104 / 2 / -1

#24 Jersey

Get LOW Vince!
  7. DefenseRules

DefenseRules Rookie

Ratings:
    +201 / 3 / -1

#12 Jersey

Pats1, you are usually right...most of the time. I pray to the Football Gods that you are right this time.
  8. blackglass3

blackglass3 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +57 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Robert Kraft, please, give Big Vince a fair deal.
  9. PrairiePat

PrairiePat Rookie

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0

#32 Jersey

This team needs all the big, mean, nasty linemen it can get on both sides of the ball. Sign the man.
  10. Mogamedogz

Mogamedogz Rookie

Ratings:
    +33 / 1 / -2

#80 Jersey

Up course they will let him walk.
  11. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +509 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

As always, it depends what he's willing to take. Whatever, as long as he either plays or gets traded for no less than a #1 pick it's OK.
  12. Ian

Ian Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 2 / -1

#17 Jersey

They may have been better off giving him an extension before the start of this season, which is what they should have done anyway. Without Seymour (and seeing the way the Buffalo game started before the Bills decided that apparently was working too well) it's clear that he's a valuable member of this football team. As we all know good D-linemen are hard to find, so if anything his value likely went up. Should be an interesting offseason.
  13. zimmy

zimmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +29 / 3 / -1

We already need a long term replacement for Seymour, a couple of outside linebackers, some mauler type offensive linemen, and playmakers on both sides of the ball. We have enough problems as it is without having to find a replacement nose tackle. I just wonder if Vince is going to price himself out of the market. He's going to be disappointed because theres no way we don't franchise him. You don't just let a pro bowl lineman walk out of here for nothing.
  14. Mack Herron

Mack Herron On the Roster

Ratings:
    +357 / 6 / -2

#24 Jersey

They don't have too many other players on that defense that I'd want to keep. But then, they did let Seymour go. You can't tell me that Seymour, Vrabel, Bruschi and Harrison would not have played better today than the guys they trotted out there. Vince occupies two blockers but our ILBs still cannot make a tackle.
  15. Ian

Ian Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 2 / -1

#17 Jersey

I agree, although I do feel that we have enough inexperienced rookies on this team (and plenty of draft picks). He's one of the few guys that I really feel they definitely need to find a way to keep, and I thought Seymour's trade likely signalled they were serious about keeping him here. I'd really like to see them come up with a deal that makes sense and get him signed.
  16. Mogamedogz

Mogamedogz Rookie

Ratings:
    +33 / 1 / -2

#80 Jersey

Is it really though??

I mean... At some point, don't we have to keep our proven studs and stop letting them walk for future talent?? brady's window is closing... gotta be in win now mode IMO.

It's not like they have been heavy hitters in the draft as of late. Im all set with trading studs for picks. Time to dish out the bread for Big Vince.
  17. BradyFTW!

BradyFTW! PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +812 / 12 / -5

#12 Jersey

The second we traded Seymour, our leverage with Wilfork went way down. One of many questionable calls by the FO this past offseason.
  18. TriplecHamp

TriplecHamp Rookie

Ratings:
    +104 / 2 / -1

#24 Jersey

Maybe Ive been to hard on Vince but honestly sometimes our backers weren't free to make a tackle other times they missed like Mayo.
  19. PittPatriot

PittPatriot PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#11 Jersey

The guy is one of the top 3 in the NFL at his position - his salary should reflect that.
  20. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +509 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

If he takes $8M a year with a big signing bonus then he'll stay I expect. If he wants $14M he won't. I love Vince but we can't say "we have to sign him" without knowing what he'll accept.

Think of the horror if your wife said "we have to have this house" without knowing the cost :eek:
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.