PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wilfork $12K lighter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
12 K? Pocket change to Vince. No biggie, I think the only thing bothering Vince is being called dirty.

=====================================

I would bet that Wilfork wishes that he never hit JP on the knee and would admit it was a mistake, and that he feels bad that he injured the kid. Agreed the money means very little to him.

The offense they think he's guilty of and are fining him for, in two words, is

Reckless Diving

Losman comes off like a real douche in that article - somehow he has taken a situation where he was the wronged party and probably made an even bigger enemy of the offending party's team.

I never want to see players get injured, but im going to enjoy seeing Losman take some huge, and totally legal, hits in the re-match.

Who knows, his No.1 receiver may even have 10 catches by then.

Last edited:
Losman comes off like a real douche in that article - somehow he has taken a situation where he was the wronged party and probably made an even bigger enemy of the offending party's team.

I never want to see players get injured, but im going to enjoy seeing Losman take some huge, and totally legal, hits in the re-match.

Who knows, his No.1 receiver may even have 10 catches by then.

Losman seems to be the new Rob Johnson when I see and hear him, and I expect his career to be a pretty fair mirror of that.

I love Vince as much or more than any other fat guy can love another fat guy, OK?

He _was_ knocked to the ground...

But he did stick out his elbow, on the way down, to try to get a lick on, OK, listeners?

If I'm a 300+ pound man, and I'm getting knocked to the ground, I don't lunge the joint of my elbow _out_ to break my fall, unless I'm gonna hit something that gives, alright?

Otherwise, I'll break my elbow (think Varitek).

The fine was more than fair, and I do have football man-love for Wilfork.

That's the last someone else wants to hear about this topic.

Last edited:
Anyone know the truth regarding the accusation (see link in post #42)that VW kicked a downed Bill back in 2004? I never heard about that 'till now.

=====================================

I would bet that Wilfork wishes that he never hit JP on the knee and would admit it was a mistake, and that he feels bad that he injured the kid. Agreed the money means very little to him.
Exactly what I think about this.

These incidents are always test cases for fans. Everyone becomes an expert at reading YouTube videos and diagnosing intentions. Some of the most accidental contact can look like the cheapest of course, and it is this that most fans seem to remember. A player trying to injure someone often gets forgotten, or even praised. And fans tend to assume that every injury that knocks out one of their guys was pre-meditated; I remember after Rodney's devastating knee injury against Pittsburgh watching the tape severl times to see whether the Steeler player had intentionally rolled his body full-force into him. I was completely prepared to believe this, given that we always seem to have someone get hurt in Pittsburgh, and because Rodney was such an important player.

The reactions of the players themselves is not much more telling, I think. Few injured players are mature enough to accept apologies, or discuss the injury without being a jerk. So Losman.

Why wasn't that Titans player fined for his shot at Rodney's knees last year?

So when Wilfork accidentally hits Losman's knees when PUSHED by the other team, he's dirty, but that Titans player isn't?

Last edited:
If Wilfork was trying to do what he is accused of, would he really try and explain himself ? Why would he reach out to Losman ? No, he would just keep his mouth shut, smile to himself and pay the fine. The way he's acting gives me the impression that he didn't mean to impact the knee.

Now we have the Bill's and Losman making all high and mighty and basicially accusing him of the cheap shot, Losman said " I saw it once on tape and that's all I needed to see ", in other words, it was intentional.

When we next play these guys, I have a feeling Wilfork will bury this kid if he gets the chance.

I love how people keep pushing the Patriots buttons !! Will they ever learn, if I were a coach or player that has to face the Pats, my only comment about ANYTHING Patriots related, would be " No Comment "

How many times can I say this " Tacklin Fuel "

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back