PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wilfork $12K lighter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cramden

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Just read on a Bills message board that Shefter reported Vince was fined $12,000 for his hit on Losman. Trying to find a link.

POSTED 2:26 p.m. EDT; UPDATED 2:36 p.m. EDT, September 27, 2007

WILFORK FINED $12,000

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that Pats defensive tackle Vince Wilfork has been fined $12,000 for his elbow to the knee of Bills quarterback J.P. Losman during Sunday's game between the two teams at Gillette Stadium.

Video of the play shows that Wilfork was blocked toward Losman, but that Wilfork also threw his elbow toward Losman's knee.

Losman left the game two plays later, and is expected to miss two more weeks

Last edited:
If true, that is BULLS--T! I watched the replay at least 10 times and Vince was being tackled by the ankles when he hit Losman. :mad:

He did lunge his arm out towards Losman but, like Vince said, the last he saw of Losman he still had the ball at the time; releasing it just before the hit.

If true, that is BULLS--T! I watched the replay at least 10 times and Vince was being tackled by the ankles when he hit Losman. :mad:

======================================

Try watching the replay without blue colored glass's.

I have seen much worse and I am not saying he tried to take out a knee, But big Vince threw the elbow on purpose.

I think its about time that the QB wears a skirt. AAh, or did someone already say that? :D

Last edited:
Whenever I see a hit like that (by "like that", I mean one that gets the QB at the knees, whether "clean" or not), I get nervous about our own TB standing back there. All in all, whatever the verdict on whether it was clean and whatever the fine might have been, it would be better if it had never happened.

Last edited:
I have seen much worse and I am not saying he tried to take out a knee, But big Vince threw the elbow on purpose.
He threw the elbow because Losman had the ball at the time - he was then pushed down lowering the elbow from a midsection hit to a below the knee hit. IMO.

======================================

Try watching the replay without blue colored glass's.

So you are saying Vince wasen't tackled by the ankles?

They had to fine him; but that's the last I want to hear about it.

==================================

No.

No? No what? No he was not tackled by the ankles or no you are not saying that? Because if you are saying that he was not tackled, it is you that needs to see the replay.

That's the first time I've heard "Wilfork" and "lighter" in the same sentence.

Regards,
Chris

He threw the elbow because Losman had the ball at the time - he was then pushed down lowering the elbow from a midsection hit to a below the knee hit. IMO.

5 years from now-we'll be seeing flag football, with the OL's hands behind their backs.

You heard it here first.

What would Butkus think of all of this?? Was Tony Eason way ahead of his time wearing a skirt???

No? No what? No he was not tackled by the ankles or no you are not saying that? Because if you are saying that he was not tackled, it is you that needs to see the replay.

=====================================

No as in yes he was tackled around the ankles.

I am sure you have seen the replay more then the half dozen times I watched it. What I saw was Wilfork throwing an elbow towards Losman an hitting him below the knee, this is a rule violation.

That doesn't make any sense, an elbow isn't a valid way to tackle someone in the first place.

He was pushed, but he tried to take advantage of the situation.

That doesn't make any sense, an elbow isn't a valid way to tackle someone in the first place.
Well I think he was getting his arm out to tackle/contact him before he was pushed down; how the resulting tackle/contact would have been without the push is difficult to say.

He said he was going to appeal (back when he said he was expecting a FedEx in his locker).

He was tackled by the ankles, but it's what he did on his way down that got him the fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back