PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wild Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren94

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Now I have had lack of sleep because of my 2 children. Cut Matt Light. Move Mankins to LT (where he played in college protecting David Carr) Draft Max Unger because he can play up and down the line. Ok I think I need to go back to bed... :)

Thoughts?

Now I have had lack of sleep because of my 2 children. Trade Matt Light. Move Mankins to LT (where he played in college protecting David Carr) Draft Max Unger because he can play up and down the line. Ok I think I need to go back to bed... :)

Thoughts?

It's at least possible. . . . though I like my version of the improbable better. :)

I'm fine with that. IF Light doesn't restructure. I think Green, moss will. I think you are going to see either Watson or Thomas cut.

Now I have had lack of sleep because of my 2 children. Cut Matt Light. Move Mankins to LT (where he played in college protecting David Carr) Draft Max Unger because he can play up and down the line. Ok I think I need to go back to bed... :)

Thoughts?

Don't post on a lack of sleep ??? :D

I saw draft Unger anyways so he can take over Hochstein's spot as the primary inside man and then move him into the starting rotation in 2010 when Neal is gone.

DB,

What are your thoughts on Light? I believe his cap number is quite high do you think we keep him?

DB,

What are your thoughts on Light? I believe his cap number is quite high do you think we keep him?

Light's cap number is nothing in comparison to someone like Brady. At 5.5 million for a starting LT, I think it might even be considered a steal.

People with cap figures to look at are Thomas, Seymour, Green and Vrabel. They constitute 25.5 million between them..

yah at 5.5M for a left tackle thats really cheap

If Dante thought that Mankins was a future probowl LT and (better than Light), he'd be playing there and Light would be playing LG or LT (and likely be forced to restructure or go this year. Light is a fine LT. And a $4 million salary and a $5.4M cap is not too much for that position.

And just BTW, Mankins is on the last year of his contract and may not even be here next year.

The patriots have a manageable cap this year and into the future. There is no need for demands for players to cut their salaries or go.

I suspect that you guys are NOT discussing restructures at all. It seems that you just want all the players not named Brady who have a cap of over $4.3M to take a pay cut. There are no arguments made, just a request that the next six after Brady "restructure".

Restructuring simply spreads contract amounts over the remaining life of the contract subject to the 30% rule.

Did you guys miss Faulk and Koppen? Their cap hit is over $4M.

The cap tags of these players COULD be reduced by EXTENDING their contracts.

QUESTION 1
Which players are you suggesting the team ask to take a cut in pay or leave? The patriots often do this?

QUESTION 2
Which players are you suggesting be extended?

QUESTION 3
What would you do with the cap money you want to free up? The Cassel situation will be solved within a couple of weeks of the start of free agency. The only other need is to free up money to sign major free agents to replace the above players or to use the money to extend Wilfork, Mankins and Hobbs, who are on their rookie contracts.

=======================
MY ANSWERS
1) none
2) all
3) with the money freed up be extensions, I would try to extend Wilfork, Mankins and Hobbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes