PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wild card game likely to be a rematch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd prefer to face the Broncos. I'd much rather have the Pats face the caretaker qb in Orton over the playmaker Flacco. Any qb can light up the Pats, but Flacco will throw for 500 yds against this secondary.

I think it'll be the Broncos or the Ravens. And neither of those teams scare me with the game in Foxboro.

Let's just hope the Pats can finish strong and win the division.

The Broncos in the 2nd half of the season are not the same team as in the 1st half.

Kyle Orton's true colors have come out, and that D isn't all that - they are undersized, and Brian Dawkins has finally shown his age(he's a good 2 steps slow in pass coverage - I noticed this in his last year or 2 in Philly).

Ravens, hard to say.

Whether we win the division or not, the wildcard game will likrly be a rematch.

If the Pats do win the division, the wild card game will likely be a rematch.

By the end of the season, the Pats will have played the wild card contender currently 8-5, the three teams currently 7-6, and two of the three teams now 6-7. (Pitt is the other.)

Two of those games, by the way, are yet to come.

Last edited:
Whether we win the division or not, the wildcard game will likrly be a rematch.

Just be glad Jacksonville is out of the race - that offense is pretty scary b/c they play smash mouth and their backs can ram it down anyone's throats. I'm sure the Colts were relieved to barely get by them last night - otherwise, the Jags could very well make noise in the playoffs, including a 3rd game against Indy.

The only team I would like to avoid is the chargers.

I don't have a good feeling about this game...too many intengibles are in their favor:

1. Redemption ... they had that game won and they blew it. their most painful loss this season.
2. interim coach trying to prove himself...(what can be a better prove-it game than in-division game, knocking off division leader at home)
3. team on a hot streak
4. effective both pass and run
5. new QB making good decisions... agains a weak pass defense.
6. pats palying bad on the road
7. Bills' good pass d... 8. Bills at home ...the list goes on

This one reminds of the match up again Denver.

We will know by Sunday evening... I gave 65-70% prob Bills win.
8. Drinking before posting.... priceless.

Just be glad Jacksonville is out of the race - that offense is pretty scary b/c they play smash mouth and their backs can ram it down anyone's throats. I'm sure the Colts were relieved to barely get by them last night - otherwise, the Jags could very well make noise in the playoffs, including a 3rd game against Indy.
not sure about that. jax @ne in january. i would take that over denver or baltimore.

can we focus on winning the division first. if i remember last year, we were all posting on who we would face in the first round, and looked what happened. just hope we win the division first.

Let's just beat the ******* Buffalo Bills and worry about this stuff, which is pretty much out of our control, after we clinch the Division, which we have not yet done and which we won't do if the team is wasting any energy worrying about whom they might or might not play in the first round of the playoffs!

We haven't won a road game all season, let's see if we can do that on Sunday and then beat a pretty good Jaguars team that will be playing on 10 days rest when we face them.

Yeah whole Denver thing never sits well. Anyway it doesn't matter who we play because as PO go on comp gets tougher so no excuses go out be well prepared and lay it all out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back