PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WiFi At the Stadium - How was it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm the brother who takes his brother to games.
Are you serious? Interesting inside connection if true. Come on now - serious?

Sounds like business is good. Just remember - you don't make that business go. The government does.

Last edited:
I guess yes in theory you could get 100mbs.. but you'd never get 100mbs on 4G LTE (except in the lab in your the only one with a phone :) )

Verizon test show at best 9mbs..

On Wifi, in theory, you can get between 300-600 mbs.. & this is on a SOHO, never mind in a corporate environment, which could go even faster..

LTE can go all the way up to 1Gbps or 1000Mbps, again, in theory. Give it 5-10 years.

LTE Vs. Wi-Fi | Chron.com

Are you serious? Interesting inside connection if true. Come on now - serious?

Sounds like business is good. Just remember - you don't make that business go. The government does.

I'm serious. My goofy younger brother's wireless company from NH installed the Enterasys gear and some of their own stuff to build the network.
Older brothers rule!

For anyone who cares about the numbers, on an iPhone 5 on AT&T I got:

1 hour before game, empty stadium

LTE- 4 Mbps down/1.65 up
Wifi- 1/.88

During game

LTE 6/8
Wifi- 1/.75

So essentially it provides a low speed connection which is good because at events with so many people my 3G iPhone typically wouldn't work at all. LTE was 6 times faster, but those speeds won't be sustainable as more people migrate to 4G devices.

They were really promoting being able to do live video streaming, but I doubt that with a 1 Mbps connection.

don't have the fancy phone but my buddy does. worked VERY well yesterday

LTE can go all the way up to 1Gbps or 1000Mbps, again, in theory. Give it 5-10 years.

LTE Vs. Wi-Fi | Chron.com

I've read and see results in best case situations, not going to get more than 9mbs d/l

Wifi in an enterprise environment as we stand today can give you 450mbs/dl

For anyone who cares about the numbers, on an iPhone 5 on AT&T I got:

1 hour before game, empty stadium

LTE- 4 Mbps down/1.65 up
Wifi- 1/.88

During game

LTE 6/8
Wifi- 1/.75

So essentially it provides a low speed connection which is good because at events with so many people my 3G iPhone typically wouldn't work at all. LTE was 6 times faster, but those speeds won't be sustainable as more people migrate to 4G devices.

They were really promoting being able to do live video streaming, but I doubt that with a 1 Mbps connection.

I got the same results then it made me think.. They put a QOS because if you were only getting 1/.75 speed on the wifi, you couldn't watch the redzone.

I was in sec 240,used my Blackberry Playbook videochat app (its like skype) to talk to my kids at home ,it worked well,no issues.Sent a few messages on FB as well,no problems.I didnt do any speedtests because I wanted to watch the game of course....overall it was great in my opinion.

I was at the game last Sunday. I had no problems, good speed, posted a few pics on FB quickly, using a Droid RazorMaxx (4G).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back