PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wide Reciever Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

meggett

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Pretty sure WR wont be on our radar for our first 3 or 4 picks. Looking at our history of drafting WR, who you guys like from the potential free agents?

Always been a fan of Mike Sims-Walker from Jacksonville. If he can stay healthy...big IF...I think he can be a good player for us. He should come cheaper than these other big names due to become FA.

Braylon Edwards
Santonio Holmes
Sidney Rice
Steve Smith (NY)
James Jones
Steve Breaston

Mike Sims-Walker would be the best fit but i dont see the pats signing any of the bigger name WR's on the market if they do sign one it will be a JAG or some vet thet will take a big pay cut

the pats need to use Julian Edelman more he only had 7 rec in 15 game and they need to keep Taylor Price active on sundays to see if he can play or not

Pretty sure WR wont be on our radar for our first 3 or 4 picks. Looking at our history of drafting WR, who you guys like from the potential free agents?

Always been a fan of Mike Sims-Walker from Jacksonville. If he can stay healthy...big IF...I think he can be a good player for us. He should come cheaper than these other big names due to become FA.

Braylon Edwards
Santonio Holmes
Sidney Rice
Steve Smith (NY)
James Jones
Steve Breaston

I agree with you that WR should be addressed through FA as opposed to the draft - we have 3 young WRs already that we are not likely to upgrade with anyone except the top 2 guys in this draft.

Braylon Edwards
Santonio Holmes
Sidney Rice
Steve Smith (NY)
James Jones
Steve Breaston

The only one from that list I would spend money on is Holmes. The others are to inconsistant or injury prone. James Jones would be nice if the price is right. And this may seem small, but being that he played in GB, we know he can play in poor weather. Thats a concern I have about Sims-Walker, or generally and WR/RB who played in a warm weather city or dome. Can they make the switch to a cold weather team and handle the elements? Being that Holmes will command the biggest money, Id be happy with Jones or Sims-Walker.

Braylon Edwards
Santonio Holmes
Sidney Rice
Steve Smith (NY)
James Jones
Steve Breaston

Holmes was given a top round RFA tender. The only way that changes is if the new CBA changes his status. So, it's highly unlikley he'll be available.

I also doubt that Edwards would be on the Pats radar. Breaston does his best work in the slot.

Not sure if Pats fans can live with the drops by Jones and Smith

Sidney Rice is an intriguing free agent. Size, Speed, Hands. The question would be his route running.

the pats need to use Julian Edelman more he only had 7 rec in 15 game and they need to keep Taylor Price active on sundays

:agree:

Even Brady said they need to get Edelman more involved.

Sidney Rice is an intriguing free agent. Size, Speed, Hands. The question would be his route running.

What about his durability? He's been injured in 3 out of his 4 years in the NFL.

What about his durability? He's been injured in 3 out of his 4 years in the NFL.

That would be the other reason why he's intriguing. Whether or not he can stay healthy.

The Pats, under Belichick, have over-looked that sort of thing in the past. They did so with Tim Dwight. And they did so with Branch.

Braylon Edwards
Santonio Holmes
Sidney Rice
Steve Smith (NY)
James Jones
Steve Breaston

How's this for a shocker (just posted) from Draftek Simulation #4!

New England trades #17 and #28 to Cleveland for #6 to draft A.J Green:confused:

The rest of their draft goes like this:

33 Christian Ballard DE
60 Jordan Todman RB
74 Rodney Hudson G
92 Dontay Moch LB
124 Curt Porter T
156 Derrick Locke RB
184 Justin Rogers CB

:eek:

How's this for a shocker (just posted) from Draftek Simulation #4!

New England trades #17 and #28 to Cleveland for #6 to draft A.J Green:confused:

The rest of their draft goes like this:

33 Christian Ballard DE
60 Jordan Todman RB
74 Rodney Hudson G
92 Dontay Moch LB
124 Curt Porter T
156 Derrick Locke RB
184 Justin Rogers CB

:eek:
Todman and Locke? Fascinating. Friends don't let friends read DraftTek!

Sidney Rice would be best case scenario at receiver, but the patriots won't pay him. They'll probably target sims-walker and either tandon doss or randall cobb in the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes