PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wide Receivers.......2006 draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feep_FLA

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
What round did we get David Givens? 6th? 7th? Since most of the FA WR's have been signed elsewhere. We're giving Reche Caldwell a look. Its a fair guess we're gonna draft a couple of WR's but who? What rounds? Common sense tells me its NOT gonna be at 21 or 52. BB is too good to pass up the defensive talent available rounds 1 and 2. I like the idea of a 3rd round WR(75?) and another in rd 4 or 5. That being said: who? 2 names I like are Avant and Stovall. I don't know if they're any good but I like the names. Seriously though, You'alls esteemed thoughts on this need would be read with interest by me! :rocker:

I wouldn't rule out a second round WR pick., esp if we trade down or up for another second rounder or two.

Here are a few 2-4th rounders Stovall, Hass, Baskett, Marshall, Hagan,& Avant. And, let's not forget about converted QB's in Robertson or Smith.

The WR class is not good for #1's but it is good, IMO, for #2 or #3 WR's.

PATSNUTme said:
Here are a few 2-4th rounders Stovall, Hass, Baskett, Marshall, Hagan,& Avant. And, let's not forget about converted QB's in Robertson or Smith.
I actually like Greg Jennings as a real chance at our #2 pick and I like him better than any of those guys - I'd be disappointed with any 2nd round WR who likely doesn't have the speed or quickness to be a high level #2 or low level #1, as I consider Branch. I'd look at that list starting with our low #3.

Thanks P-Nut & B-Fan....... I seen all the names so many times my heads starting to spin.... I think we need to take 2 at least......Can't wait for draft W/E

Feep_FLA said:
Thanks P-Nut & B-Fan....... I seen all the names so many times my heads starting to spin.... I think we need to take 2 at least......Can't wait for draft W/E
It's a head spinner because there's so many Round 3, Round 4 types that Nut mentioned. I like them all in that range, they're almost all bigger, slower guys like Givens. There's two second rounders I like, Jennings who reads almost exactly like Branch and Sinorice Moss who's super small and super quick. Then the two likely first rounders Chad Jackson and Santonio Homes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes