Welcome to PatsFans.com

Why you shouldn't have a party when the parents are away

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by gomezcat, Apr 14, 2007.

1. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

2. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

We had a house party one time. My mom and her fiance' went out of town and my two youngest siblings were at my dad's. I was originaly supposed to stay the night at my grand dad's, but I told him I wanted to drive back up to my school (which is a two hour trip from his house.) My sister and me instead went to an abandoned house that my family used to own and was up for sale... and we called everyone we knew. We started REALLY early to, maybe around 7 or 8... and there was lot's of alcohol. Around 10 or so, my sister leaves the house to walk her friend home (who lived a mile away). She gives me a call 10 minutes later saying she just saw police on their way to the house. Everyone panic'ed and ran in all different directions. I stayed at the house with a few other people and we were the only ones not charged (I blew a 0.0 on the alcohol breath tester)... while my sister who was caught sitting on the ground outside of the house was charged with under age drinking, and damage of property (which the home owner never pursued.) ... goes to show you that if you are honost with cops and actualy tell them the truth and admit wrong, you don't get in as much trouble.

Moral: Don't lie... don't run. :p
  3. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +54 / 2 / -0

We knew a kid in HS who did this - we were seniors, he was a freshman who wanted to impress people.

He started telling people about the Saturday party on Monday. That's a big no no.

If you only want a few hundred people to show up you tell people on Saturday afternoon about a Saturday night party.

You tell people on Monday and multiple high schools show up.

Needless to say it didn't go well. I don't know what £230,000 is worth in American $ but I'd say this house was worth $700,000 in today's market - it had to be completely trashed.

I actually felt bad for the kid as I saw him pleading with a local Hell's Angel biker gang to stop putting their fists through the walls. I figured that was my cue to leave as well. 20 years later and people still remember that one.
  4. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

:eek:. Your story truly sounds like the party from hell. Basically, it's about $2 to £1 at the moment. £230,000 would buy you a nice, perhaps 3 or 4 bedroom house, that far North, so I imagine the neighbours were not the type who would have loved this stuff going on next door. £20,000 worth of damage is about a year's salary for people in that part of the country.
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2007
  5. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,182 / 15 / -11

Disable Jersey

Her parents (my hoops buddy) were away and the teenager down the street called me to break up a high school party that got WAY outa hand. Fortunately for all of us concerned, the kids left when I asked them to.
  6. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0