PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why would you buy divison and conference champions gear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drew4008

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I really just don't see the point.

I went to Modell's this am before work... and came to the same conclusion. I couldn't do it. I want the SB gear, not the AFC Champ gear.

Actually, what I really want is the "We're all just brothas from anotha motha" Pats t-shirt that I saw Faulk wearing... can't find it anywhere yet...

Living in the Chicago area, sometimes I see people wearing a championship hat or shirt from last year. My thoughts: loser.

Actually, what I really want is the "We're all just brothas from anotha motha" Pats t-shirt that I saw Faulk wearing... can't find it anywhere yet...

I was amused to see that shirt referenced in the NYT this morning as "We're all just brothers from another mother." Couldn't bring themselves to misspell it. :p

On the AFCC gear: I never buy that stuff before the season's over. If they go on to win it all, you want the SB gear -- and if they don't, it's just bad memories. However, if they do win it all then the division/conference gear is usually a nice bargain closeout deal after the season. Especially good option for kids who will ruin/outgrow the shirt in a couple of months.

Exactly.... you don't see Buffalo Bills fans wearing 4 time conference champs

Only acceptable if it's your first time. Say the Cardinals won the NFC, it would be ok for their fans to buy the shirts. The Pats? not so much.

If it is on clearance.

I have a 2003 AFC Champs T-shirt I bought for $2.00 bought in July. I wore to the bar yesterday for the game.

I really just don't see the point.
Well you must be spoiled.
I have a championship shirt I bought in 1997,just brought it out yesterday(but didn't wear it while watching the game).
Wore in 2001 & 2003 for all playoffs games,in 2004 just for the SB.
Will wear it just for the SB this year too.
Enjoy the run & maybe 10 -15 years from now you will be able to answer your own question!

I felt this way about the 16-0 shirts too. We'll either be 19-0 or lose. I don't see the point.

I collect them. I have all the Division, Conference, and League Championship hats. I don't really wear them. The Patriots hats I wear when I do wear them are usually just a logo or something simple like that.

I want no gear at all! lol ;)

Something to wear to the Super Bowl.

After the AFC Championship in Miami in 1986, we were leaving the Orange Bowl and there was a guy with a couple of boxes of Miami Dophins AFC Championship t-shirts. I was really tempted to buy one. What happens to all the t-shirts made for the losing teams? Trashed? Donated? I haven't seem except for that one time.

I felt this way about the 16-0 shirts too. We'll either be 19-0 or lose. I don't see the point.

100% Agree. Though there was one 16-0 shirt that looked sweet.

I'd buy to just to have them all as one set like i have for all the previous years but i only do it after the SB is over

I collect them. I have all the Division, Conference, and League Championship hats. I don't really wear them. The Patriots hats I wear when I do wear them are usually just a logo or something simple like that.

collecting stuff is pointless in itself. it's a waste because the hats will only dry out and turn yellow. wear them man and enjoy them

Last edited:
This has me thinking...my favorite tacky Pats gear I own is the ridiculous 3-SB earrings:
http://proshopcache.patriots.com/in...wse.search&string=champs&title=search&x=1&y=1

An XLII would really put those babies over the top! :p

(BTW, the XLII logo is even more hideous than the others -- by a landslide.)

Couldn't agree more. Looks like they were going for a retro logo type look, but I don't think it really came out very well. It won't look so great as a uni patch on two teams wearing red and blue based uni schemes either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes