Welcome to PatsFans.com

Why would A-N-Y-O-N-E be against Israel?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatriotsReign, Jun 5, 2010.

1. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +377 / 3 / -15

I've always found it perplexing why so many FAR-left liberals are against Israel. It makes absolutely NO sense to me. Here we have a country that almost all surrounding nations would like to see destroyed.

Israel has missles pointed at her by many psycho-middle-age thinking barbarians...yet, many far-left liberals jump on boats to show solidarity with those THEY see as being oppressed by Israeli policies.

Gee....I'm wondering why all CIVILIZED people don't look at the reality of the middle-east and think...

"Wow, why do so many hate Israel? I'm going to show my intelligent support of her right to exist."

To me, that is the conclusion all intelligent, civilized poeple would come to. Hey, maybe the next step for the far-lefter's will be to send financial support to the HAMAS! I realize that would be the action of uneducated idiots, but based upon the defiance of a nations right to protect itself by attempting to crash a blockade, I wouldn't be at all surprised.

The sad part is, very few of those against Israel in this country have the balls to state whatever weak case they feel they have.
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2010
  2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Oh Jehovah! Not again!...Israel's a girl?

[​IMG]
  3. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +377 / 3 / -15

Hmmm...I must be slow this mornin'...I don't get it :confused2:
  4. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

There are people in the Western world, that having spent their lives decrying Christianity, believe that the Muslims in the Middle East simply need a generation or two of a "peaceful" existance to similarly throw off the yoke of religous fundamentalism and establish world peace. What they fail to comprehend is that the mindset is so different, that it is a worthy purpose in a fundamentalist's life to die in killing those who do not believe the way they do and the ultimate goal is to not "evolve" beyond religious fervor but instead to impose it upon all the peoples of the work -- or eradicate them.
  5. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

You called Israel "she".
    Have another cup.:rocker::bricks:
  6. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +377 / 3 / -15

I oppose anyone of any religion who believe that it's acceptable to die & kill in the name of whatever religion they have chosen. They may BELIEVE it's acceptable, but the TRUTH is, it's not only unacceptable to civilized people, it's cause for their annihilation....
  7. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +377 / 3 / -15

Maybe I'll SKIP the next cup! I just had a cup of Worcester's extra bold and now I'm shakn' & bakn' all ovah!!:D

BTW...all nations are referred to as "She".
  8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +662 / 2 / -9

It's a very strange thing (Israel & Liberals) a few years ago any public figure in america who dared to say anything negative about Israel would be FLOGGED by the American Press, their lives would have been ruined, their careers ended and they would forever be known as Anti Semites now it's a whole new ballgame, now your not a real liberal unless you Trash Israel, the Liberals have found a New Love Affair, now they Slobber And Gush over Islam.
    Dip Sh!ts, my personal thoughts on this are "liberals seem to LOVE Americas enemy's and despise America's friends"
    Liberals can be very nasty and mean when your not with them.
  9. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The Hollywood wife-swappers (as our good friend, Harry Boy, would say) are complete morons. They fail to realize that if any of the left wing dictators that they cozy up to (from Ho Chi Minh to Chavez to Ahmadinejad) ever gained power in the U.S., then they would be the first ones lined up before the firing squad.

But the Hollywood wife swappers hate America so much that they gladly cozy up to any and all of America's enemies.
  10. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +377 / 3 / -15

Seriously, can ANY intelligent argument be made to be friendly with Chavez or Ahmadinejad?

I would LOVE to see just one attempt to make such an arguement. But I GUAR-RUN-TEE you that none will be made here on this board. Either we don't have members THAT liberal, or they lack the courage to state their case here.
  11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +662 / 2 / -9

Where's Jon Stewart, he seems lost without Bush.....:confused:
  12. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +360 / 11 / -27

I am not sure if I am for or against, as nobody's right if everybody is wrong..

But in most situations there are two sides to this, and it will not be resolved wth bullets.. but with some type of negotiated settlement... extreme religions like nothing more than to get out their firearms and start shooting.

Israel would enhance their public image if they treated the Palestinians with more respect.. stop the rogue settlements on Palestinian land..

The muslim extremists may follow suit.. but right now it is nothing more than a classic clusterfock...

The reality is that blockades do little to affect leadership, and the people who are most affected are women and children.. i.e. collateral damage, see Cuba...
  13. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

But Israel tried peace. They tried giving land up. And you know what happens when they give the land up? It gets the anti-Semites in range to launch rockets.
  14. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +262 / 10 / -11

While there are people on the far left and far right who are truly anti-Israel, most leftists are not anti-Israel, but anti the Israeli governments policies. By way of analogy, I don't believe American conservatives today are anti-US just because they disagree with Obama.
  15. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

History has shown you to be wrong. Israel has tried negotiations, compromises, and surrendering of land. Sometimes they bought a temporary peace - but it was only temporary.

What you need to realize is that the Palestinians (and their supporters) will never rest and never be happy until the entire state of Israel is wiped clean off the face of the planet. These people are zealots; they have no desire or will to compromise.
  16. TBradyOwnsYou

TBradyOwnsYou Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Not America, look at a map. (hint: Florida...)

ANYWAY, Israel is awesome in my book, but only because they fight fire with fire and don't apologize.
    In my opinion, the only way to truely end the Israel issue is to have them set up shop somewhere else and turn the land into a nuclear wasteland. Enjoy fighting over your "holyland" then!!
  17. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +377 / 3 / -15

Personally, I think one should have to be Jewish to live in Israel. Everyone else should be kicked out. But that's just my opinion.

What sane nation would allow groups of people who want that host nation destroyed to live within it's borders?

If we have groups of people who want our country destroyed living within our borders, I'd also support expelling them as well.

But i realize that's a "slippery-slope". But HAMAS should not be allowed to exist within the borders of Israel. I think we can all agree upon that!
  18. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

...and just to bust yer ballz some more:

Fatherland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Groups that refer to their native country as a "fatherland" (or rather, the most corresponding term to the English word in their languages), or, arguably, associate it primarily with paternal concepts include:

Romans, Italians, Romanians as Patria (probably short for patria terra "native land")[citation needed][weasel words]
    Afrikaners as Vaderland
    Arabs as Watan
    Argentines as Patria
    Albanian as Atdheu.
    Armenians, as Hayrenik (as in the national anthem Mer Hayrenik, literally meaning Our Fatherland)
    Bulgarians as Tatkovina and Otechestvo
    Czechs as vlast or (rarely) otčina
    Danes as fædreland
    Estonians as isamaa (as in the national anthem Mu isamaa, mu õnn ja rõõm)
    Filipinos as Amang bayan
    Finns as isänmaa
    Frisians as heitelân
    Georgians as Samshoblo (სამშობლო - "[land] of parents") or Mamuli (მამული)
    Germans, as Vaterland (as in the national anthem Das Lied der Deutschen)
    Greeks as patris, the root word for patriotism.
    Icelanders as föðurland literally meaning "land of the father"
    Jews as Eretz Ha'Avot (Hebrew: ארץ האבות‎)this literal translation is Land of the Forefathers
    Kazakhs as atameken
    Korean as joguk(Korean: 조국)literally meaning "nation of ancestors"
    Latvians as tēvija or tēvzeme (although dzimtene – roughly translated as "place of birth" – is more neutral and used more commonly nowadays)
    Lithuanians as tėvynė
    Macedonians as Tatkovina (татковина)
    Dutch, as vaderland
    Norwegians as fedreland
    Pakistanis as Vatan
    Persians as Sarzamineh Pedari (Fatherland), Sarzamineh Madari (Motherland) or Meehan
    Peruvians as Patria
    Poles, as Ojczyzna (but there is also macierz, that is Motherland, although it is seldom used)
    Portuguese, the Brazilians and all other Portuguese speakers as Pátria.
    Russians, as Otechestvo (отечество) or Otchizna (отчизна), although Rodina, that is birthland, is more common.
    Serbs as otadžbina (отаџбина)
    Welsh as the land of my fathers (Mae Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau) .
    Slovaks as vlasť, or rarely domovina.
    Slovenes as očetnjava, although domovina (homeland) is more common.
    Swedes as fäderneslandet, although fosterlandet is more common (meaning the land that fosterd/raised you).
    Thais as pituphum (ปิตุภูมิ), the word is adapted from Sanskrit
    Tibetans as pha yul
    Vietnamese as Tổ quốc
    Ukrainians as bat'kivschina (батьківщина) or, more rarely, vitchizna (вітчизна)
  19. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

But what would America look like without lobbyists, reality TV show producers, Congressmen, corporations, the Kardashians, and Jets fans?

I think only native Americans should be allowed to live in America.
  20. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Uh oh! Any idea how many religulous people you just pizzed off?:eek: