Welcome to PatsFans.com

Why Women Should Rule the World

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Mrs.PatsFanInVa, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +317 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

What a difference gender makes in the manner in which things are handled.

BOY SCOUT POLICY
    Boy Scout officials in the U.S. and Canada not only failed to stop an admitted child molester in their ranks, but sometimes helped cover his tracks, according to confidential records, court files and interviews with victims and their families.

"You do not want to broadcast to the entire population that these things happen," A. Buford Hill Jr., a former Orange County Scouting executive, said of officials' decision not to contact authorities. "You take care of it quietly and make sure it never happens again."

Turley is one of more than 5,000 suspected child molesters named in confidential documents kept by the Boy Scouts of America. The records – called the "perversion files" by the Scouts – include admissions of guilt as well as unproven allegations.

Boy Scout Molestation: Officials Failed To Stop Sex Offender

GIRL SCOUT POLICY
    A SEVEN-YEAR-OLD Colorado boy’s desire to join the Girl Scouts — and the organisation’s reversal of his initial rejection — has put a spotlight on the Scouts’ little-known policy of supporting transgender kids.

But the local troop leader was apparently unaware of current policies within the organisation.

The Girl Scouts of Colorado released a statement this week stating that they are an “inclusive organisation” and that little Bobby will be allowed to join if he wants to.

“We accept all girls in kindergarten through 12th grade as members. If a child identifies as a girl and the child’s family presents her as a girl, Girl Scouts of Colorado welcomes her as a Girl Scout,” according to the statement.

Transgender boy allowed to join Girl Scouts
  2. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

3. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +147 / 2 / -1

If women were dealing with men, maybe...

Women dealing with other women? Yeah, that always works out wonderfully :rolleyes: ;)
  4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

Um, it is the "girl" scouts right?
  5. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +317 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

A "documentary" no doubt written, produced and directed by men - with lots of tangled hair, dark eye make-up, heaving busoms and selective ripping of already-scant clothing.

:)
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  6. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +317 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

It does as long as there's not a man involved somewhere. :)
  7. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  8. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +317 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

And the young boy in question identifies as a girl.

Personally, I wish they'd do away with both Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts and just have plain old Scouts.

I hated Girl Scouts - I wanted to be visiting the fire stations and police stations and instead I got to learn how to make cookies and fold sheets. At the nursing home where my mother in law is - they bring through groups of Girl Scouts to sing or to read to the patients. I've never seen a Boy Scout troop come through and yet some of the best nurses I worked with were males.

It's not the same world anymore. Boys do girl things and girls do boy things and their interests and future careers intersect all the time.

For the Boy Scouts to be hiding information about child abusers is sickening. For what? Their reputation? Didn't they learn anything from the Catholic Church's policy of hiding abusers and abuse?

For the Girl Scouts to take a stand and say they'll accept anyone who identifies as a girl is a huge step towards equality and acceptance. Good for them!
  9. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +317 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

Real it may be...but deadly?
  10. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Ha...

If you've never seen "Amazon Women on the Moon" I suggest it as a great 80's sketch comedy film.

back to the lecture at hand....

Girl scouts have Samoas. Boy Scouts sold lighbulbs in my day, now its carmel popcorn. For this reason alone it aint even close....Y'all can pinewood derby all day, give me some thin-mints!
  11. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Argentina is doing awesome.
  12. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +147 / 2 / -1

It really doesn't, in my experience. Most women will even admit it -- women often are horrible at interacting with other women.
  13. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +147 / 2 / -1

Maybe "Scouts" would be a good additional program, but I think it's good for both genders to have their own separate things, and I'm sure many boys and girls at that age would feel the same.
  14. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Never happen, Scouting always has been and always been a gender specific program.. there are programs for older kids that are gender neutral, but for the youngsters separation is good.

There is too much power invested in the Boy Scout tradition, supreme court justices, presidents, congressmen, presidential candidates.. there are even some special laws written specifically for boy scouts.

Was involved in scouting as a youth and a leader for both my son and grandson.. spent a lot of nights out with the kids, enjoyed every minute of watching boys be boys.. away from all of the media distractions and pre and pubescent entrapments.

If you mixed them early on, boys would not take as many risks as they do in camp.. would all of a sudden develop gender shyness. Boy Scouts is not broken, so does not need that much fixing..

Boy Scouts and Boy Scout Camp is a special place for kids to grow and develop, to make it different would dilute the quality.. Boy Scout Camp in the summer is a very cool place.

I can remember many anecdotal stories that show how special it is, would take up to space with boring stories..

There are policies that are supposed to protect boys, i.e. you are never supposed to be alone with a scout(s) and the "two deep policy" is very strict.

The challenge is making girl scouts more enticiing, when I was in corrections the Girl Scouts approached me about developing a troop within the institution. Did a lot of work, but got really pissed off when I realized they were more concerned about beefing up their minority stats than showing interest in the girls, so we ended that endeavor.

Did you know that a girl scout makes .25 cents on a box of cookies, while in boy scouts they make 1/2 of all of the popcorn they sell.. many kids pay for camp from selling overpriced, crappy popcorn.
  15. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Why? What's so evil about having a group for young teenagers where boys can spend time just with other boys and girls just with other girls?

Seems to me like you're trying to deny other people their Constitutional rights to assemble with whomever they want. Why are you so quick to throw the Constitution away when it doesn't mesh with your delicate sensibilities?
  16. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +478 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

My record in this forum is that of being a huge advocate for more women in important positions. Not that they are better ... just that diversity IMO is best for all. The sausage club has created enough disasters - things need to change. the sausage club is what my wife and her friends call upper management in their company when it is all men LOL.
  17. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +317 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

Kind of an off-the-wall comment, isn't it?

I'm pretty sure the constitution doesn't give anyone the right to discriminate because of gender.

By NOT allowing men to join the Girl Scouts or women to join the Boy Scouts you are already denying them the right to assemble with whomever they please - not the other way around.
  18. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Agreed Chico - my wife can't stand; literally blood boils interacting with 99% of women she encounters. While I will admit sometimes it may seem "misguided", nonetheless is a fact for her.

In regards to the Queen Bee theory I always wondered what that theory was called. A former co-worker of mine mentioned it to me at a previous job. She had gone to school at Emory in ATL. One of the big papers she had to do Sr. Year I guess had to do with that dynamic.

They did a breakdown between the various combonations of employee-boss.

M/M, M/F, F/M, F/F and the F/F interaction was the worst for everything from Employee loyalty and satisfaction to worker productivity.
  19. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +317 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

I dunno, Darryl....any Boys Only organization which has a list of 5.000 names of suspected child molesters named in confidential documents which they refer to as The Perversion Files and has a history of covering up for them might need some fixing.

That's the thing.....there are other people with other anecdotal stories which would not match your own. I am acquainted with a gay poet - who writes exclusively of two things - hunting and his years in the Boy Scouts. I can assure you his "fond memories" of summer camp would certainly not be your own.

Might as well get them used to wage inequality early on.
  20. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +147 / 2 / -1

argh, you're making me agree with wolfie, mrs... at first I thought he was making a claim that wasn't true -- nothing unconstitutional about saying you'd prefer there be no girl or boy scouts

But... (i) freedom of assembly isn't being denied because one group chooses not to accept certain member -- they are choosing -- using that kind of rationale, no group of people could refuse admission to any other people -- that would go for all clubs, businesses, schools, etc.; even if you wanted to argue the first part, (ii) the Constitutional right to freedom of assembly pertains to government infringement on freedom of assembly, specifically Congress -- it doesn't pertain to people or groups.