PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why We Will Be Fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEfan32

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Ok, honestly, this is BS. The media is saying we are done because Brady is done.

This team is not the 2001 team, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006. It is almost the same 2007 team.

If Brady went down any other season, yeah we would be SOL. But, the defense is the same as last year, and will probably be better now that it has more pressure on it, see the 5 yard stand last weekend.

The receivers are STILL amazing. Randy Moss has made QB's have some of the best seasons ever, and you have to think he will go all out this season to prove people wrong. Welker will be his go to guy IMO and don't forget we have an outstanding OLINE who can protect him, so he won't be under duress all the time.

While Cassel isn't Brady, I don't see why with THIS TEAM he can't be a decent QB which is all we need. 10-6 to 12-4 would be the extremes I would put to this team. As you we all found out, the balance can shift quickly. Any ass who says 7-9 or 8-8.. I dont know why.

lets rally around the players we have we are still a team!! tom will add all the sopport he can we know that now lets GOOOO

IMO our defense is better than last year. We've basically replaced 50% Seymour with 100% Seymour, subtracted out Adalius as an ILB and added in Mayo, subtracted out Colvin as an OLB and added in Adalius, and replaced Asante with Deltha O'Neal (a downgrade, but not as big of one as a lot of people might think) and Randall Gay with Terrence Wheatley (an upgrade, probably). I like this year's lineup on D more than last year's.

We'll be fine as long as Cassel is adequate. A bad QB will kill almost every team. I have no idea what Cassel will do. None. This team was loaded before Sunday, though :(

But is it possible to win the Super Bowl with only an average quarterback?

Let's ask Doug Williams, Jeff Hostetler, Mark Rypien, Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson and see what they think.

If we can get BB to the playoffs, we have a fine chance no matter what the seed.

BB's championship defenses weren't ever fully dominant in the playoffs but they held teams to around 17 ppg in the championship seasons. Last year's defense, which is arguably improved, was around that mark in the playoffs in fact a bit lower. Even with Cassell this offense is capable of scoring 20 ppg. He got 17 in 3 quarters of play in week 1 against what I think is an improved and underrated KC defense. And that mark will improve as Cassel grows comfortable in his role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back