Welcome to PatsFans.com

Why We Tolerate the Saudis- Reason # 3

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by wistahpatsfan, Sep 14, 2010.

1. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Oil and the bases are #'s 1 and 2.
    Here's #3 why we tolerate our greatest enemy in the world. $ KA-CHING! $

Saudis near deal to buy $60 billion in U.S. arms - World news - Mideast/N. Africa - msnbc.com

WASHINGTON — The Obama administration will soon notify Congress of an arms package for Saudi Arabia worth up to $60 billion, U.S. officials said Monday, a potentially record-breaking deal that may help counter Iran's growing regional muscle.

The deal would apparently represent the largest single U.S. arms sale ever approved. It would allow Saudi Arabia, the most militarily advanced of the Arab Gulf states and one of the richest countries in the world, to buy top-line U.S.-made helicopters and fighter jets with ranges that would span the Middle East and beyond...
  2. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. Can someone please invent or discover an economically viable energy source to replace petroleum so that we can let them go back to roaming the desert? I am sick of the "holy" princes whoring around Europe and trading sex slaves while funding religious lunatics who want to enslave humanity.

:enranged::violent::scream::idontgetit:
  3. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Send a message to the WH or your Congressman asking them where our energy policy is. Your post nails it in a nutshell.
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

Isn't it Racist to criticize the Saudi's, aren't they under the protection of the American Left Wing Politically Correct DoGooder's or are they excluded from the new love affair the Liberals have with Mohammad.

:confused:
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  5. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

Hmmm....any chance we could drill our own supply, while that new source of energy is created, and then mastered? Nope. There goes your energy policy then.

I'm just curious, where are the pictures of Obama and the Saudi princes? I thought this was a different kind of politics. Oh well. The more things change, the more they stay the same.
  6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

The "Chimp" held hands and kissed them, "Jug Ears" bowed down to them and disgraced America.

RW is right Drill for our own god damn oil and tell those "women abusers and beheading savages" to go pound sand up their a$ses, let them go back to riding donkeys instead of Cadillacs, if their women are to stupid to fight for their own rights f-ck them.
  7. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Where? How much?
  8. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

^ This ^

The problem is 1) it will take decades. 2) China and other nations will step right in and keep the Saudis very rich and dangerous. 3) Nothing will ever replace the versatility that oil provides.
  9. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

Your right, I forgot the rest of the world in my "Rant"

The hell with "The Women Of Isalm" they deserve to ride in the back seat dressed in their scarfs and sheets.
  10. Real World

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

We should be searching for, and drilling our own. This should have been a priority since the oil crisis in the 70's. Imagine if we had some forward thinking at some point back then, or at any point since. We'd likely be *gulp* energy independent, or at the very least, in a much, much better predicament than we are now. Furthermore, ask yourself what is a better investment. Spending a trillion dollars in wasted stimulus, with another trillion on a ME war, or spending a few billion in energy R&D, with some more coin dedicated to opening up our own lands for domestic supply? I think we all know the answer to that. A genuine, comprehensive, common sense energy policy, would do us a lot of good. Unfortunately common sense doesn't grease pockets, satisfy ideologues, nor serve the best interests of the elitists involved. Be they corporate, social, or political elites. :(

Study: Fed Lands Hold Oil and Gas Bonanza - Energy Source - How we power the world - Forbes

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/18/business/energy-environment/18gas.html
  11. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Never say never (or nothing ever). The IEA (International Energy Agency, part of OECD) projects the total investment in energy worldwide to be over $26 trillion between 2008 and 2030. That's a lot of money on the table. That creates huge incentives for finding alternatives (or for the Chinese to start pushing their weight around in Siberia and other parts of the globe). On the one hand, you have a country with a huge population and few resources (China). Their neighbor to the north has a declining population and abundant resources (Russia). Do the math.
  12. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +473 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

Normally I'd go along with this thread.

Except we tolerate countries worse than the Saudi's. In some ways it balances the trade deficit as we import huge amounts of oil which equals money going out of the country. By selling them arms which achieves other things of course (arms race) we also help the deficit from being way out of line. This deal works on multiple fronts ...
  13. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Actually, China has 97% of the globe's rare earth minerals. Without the export of which, the world economy goes to shambles.
  14. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I was referring to energy resources, but point taken.
  15. Real World

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

Not to be technical, but it's not so much that China has 97% of the earths rare minerals, as much as it is that they produce, and mine 90+% of the globes rare earth minerals. Currently there are mines either opening up, or being proposed in Australia, Canada, and even California. One of the big factors to China's monopolistic market share, is there willingness to ravage both the environment, and human beings, in order to mine these raw minerals. I was reading that China's begun to flex it's muscles in the mineral department, by limiting availability, increasing prices, reducing exports, etc. That's pushing companies to seek alternatives, and investors to look into opening up mines in other parts of the world.

BTW, a lot of these minerals are used in hybrid, or green technologies. To think that China is one of the country's that's exempt from Kyoto. So not only do they pollute on a massive scale, but they scorch the environment, and profit from the economies that are restricted from such practices. NICE!
  16. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I am sure that the world will be a kinder, gentler place when the Chinese and Russians are running things instead of the imperialist evil Americans.

Good luck with that.
  17. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

One thing is for sure when the Chinese & Russians are running things all of this Liberal Politically Correct
    Bullsh!t will be gone the day they take over.
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2010
  18. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

Why We Tolerate the Saudis- Reason # 3
    That was the title of this thread, while sitting here thinking it suddenly dawned on me, the answer is simple, We Tolerate The Saudi's BECAUSE THEY ARE MUSLIMS, if they were Methodist's we would have bombed them long ago and just taken their Oil.

America for the time being is now In Love With Islam.

:bricks:
  19. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

20. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Looks like the Chinese are flexing their muscles in the rare earths market now.

China Said to Widen Its Embargo of Minerals - NY Times

This quote from an official at the Chinese embassy in Washington had me in stitches.

:rofl: