Welcome to PatsFans.com

Why we should lose, by conservatives

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Turk, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Turk

Turk Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

2. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +593 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

As you might guess...I liked this one the best:

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/features/2006/0610.niskanen.html

Give Divided Government A Chance.

When I was growing up...curious but not to keen on politics it seemed the Democrats always ruled the House and the Republicans always had a decent showing in the Senate.

I'm not so sure that works best anymore. what's best would be a larger center group in the House so that issues could be decided on their own merits and not what party is pushing it through.

The Senate as close to 50/50 as possible ... America pays more attention to the Senate than the House for some reason...when the Senate has good debates America does also.
  3. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

Thanks for the link Turk, B Bartlett's article was prety interesting.
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +352 / 1 / -9

Turk,
    I have to admit, this got my attention because there are times I feel just like that, I still have some "democrat blood" in me from the old days, if the Media stopped showing pictures of Pelosi/Kennedy/Reid/Hillary ect from now to November God help me I might vote Democrat again.

It's the Terrorists that scare me, can the democrats handle them :confused:
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2006
  5. Turk

Turk Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Sorry it took me so long to respond but my wife just woke me up, it seems I fainted after reading your post:)

Seriously though, the bunch of articles simply point out to the simple fact that the Repubs had a historic opportunity and did not / could not take advantage of it and that we as Americans are better off with at least one of the houses going to the Democrats.

Being somewhat of a cynic especially when it comes to these guys though, I can't help but think that they are making such statements just to bolster their own image of objectivity, since they and everybody else know that Repubs are going to lose some seats, anyway.

As to terrorism, the best way to handle these insects is simply the same as in your home, don't give them the opportunity to reproduce. In other words, keep your house clean, and the spray handy, just in case. That is the Democratic plan that I agree with, and not the Hillary plan which changes on a daily basis. If the Democrats can show enough backbone and nominate the folks with character and backbone; not more of the same, dirty politicians' politicians, they will be successful in not only winning elections but also in the international front and that includes the war against terrorism.
  6. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

I think what they are saying Turk is that when people get a load of the dems in action it will help the pubbies for the next election cycle.

Also after pubbies lose they go back to 'being' conservatives rather than RINO's.
  7. Turk

Turk Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Of course, that is their ultimate hope, that the Dems screw it up as well, and that they get a chance in the next elections.
    It is also their hope (and mine) that they rid themselves of the Christian Evangelist / fundamentalist / extremist element within.
    Americans, as a general rule, do not stray from the middle; sometimes a bit to the right when they vote, sometimes a bit to the left, but always close to the middle. The fact that this administration was an exception to that rule, and what America had to pay for it, has strengthened that approach / trend for the future elections.
  8. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

Interestingly Dems run more conservative than they govern and pubbies run more conservative than they govern. I think many would like to see less goverment spending, action on illegal aliens and lower taxes.The pubbies deliver a little of this the dems none.
  9. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I don't think the Republicans will lose.

I think it will a more divided and polarized country.

The remaining 2 years of the Bush Administration will be exactly the same as the past 6 years.

The ultimate losers in the election will be the American people.

The losers will be the American troops in Iraq.

The losers will be the thousands of innocent Iraqi civilians who will continue to be slaughtered in their country.

The winner will be Osama Bin Laden.

The winner will be the Al Queda terrorists.

10. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

Al Queda is praying for the ascension of the cut and run dems who let them run unopposed throught the 90's.
  11. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I thought it would have the opposite effect.

The Democrats would cut the troops in Iraq and send them to Afghanistan and Pakistan to wipe out Al Queda forever.

12. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

In an asymmetric war Al Queda depends on America quitting and being too cowardly to oppose them the dems will fufill their wishes.

The Taliban is based primarily in the tribal areas of Pakistan, the dems aren't about the Pakistan to eliminate the Taliban and Al Queda. You're kidding yourself.
  13. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +352 / 1 / -9

Then what do we do about the ones in England?

The Democrats can not be trusted with the security of America, their prioritys are "SEX" and "Raising Taxes" they are great at those two things.
  14. Commander Shears

Commander Shears Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I hate to break the news, but conservatives already lost when the Republican party embraced nation building, phone-tapping, budget deficits, increasing the federal government's power, centralizing the federal government's power into the executive branch, exploiting religion to divide Americans, eliminating habeas corpus, limiting one's civil liberties in the interest of his/her safety, using signing statements to exempt the president from law, allowing the executive branch to interpret the law, and restricing the 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th Amendments to the US Constitution.

There is a difference between conservative and reactionary. Anyone who supports the current administration and calls himself a conservative, simply does not know what the word 'conservative' means.
  15. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

I haven
    't noticed any changes in my personal liberty, has the goverment done anything to you personally?
  16. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

But how would you know that there is no change in your personal liberty?

How would you know if someone had legally listened to your phone conversation yesterday??

HOW WOULD YOU KNOW???

17. Commander Shears

Commander Shears Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Considering the irony of your signature quote, I honestly can't tell if you are being serious. In case you are, the extent of an American's interest should extend far beyond his own life. It would not be difficult to write a million examples of the flaw in this argument (e.g., white people shouldn't have cared about segregation or even slavery for that matter).

The Constitution has worked out rather nicely over the past couple of centuries, so I am of the opinion that it should continue to be honored. If you are unfamiliar with its content, I would suggest reading it, rather than assuming that it is being protected from enemies foreign or domestic.
  18. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

I am (to the best of my knowledge) not talking to any Al Queda terrorist.

If I am, it's OK by me that the gov knows that I'm not in cahoots with terrorist. I hope they continue to identify terrorist and stop them before they kill my fellow Americans.