PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why we should be routing for the Colt's

Status
Not open for further replies.
At first, I was going to be completely indifferent about this Super Bowl. But now, with Polian's mouth, I hope this "poetic justice" takes place. I hope the Colts have the lead for about 58 minutes, then the Bears take a lead. Then have Manning drive them for a tying or winning FG, and have it blocked right in their kicker's face (won't mention his name). Would that be poetic justice? Think Polian will have a meltdown after spending all that money to get him, and that bullying and getting rules changed to benefit his team, et al and have something like that happen?

I am at the point now, that Polian is such a pathetic individual, and carrying on like a scorned lover with childish vendettas of some sort, and tiresome rants and raves. I actually am beginning to feel sorry for sad sack.

So, as Jack Nicholson said in "One Flew over the ****oo's Nest"......

medication time....
medication time....
medication time....

EZ76

I'll be doing the same thing this Superbowl that I did the last Superbowl, not root for anybody. Don't care about or like either team so I won't even watch. I hope both teams beat the crap out of each other and that neither scores a point. What would the NFL do if it ended in a scoreless tie?!?!

The only team I would have rooted for beside the Pats would've been New Orleans for the pure human interest story for their geographic region but they lost too. :bricks:

I want to Colts to win jsut so the media will shut the hell up about Payton not winning the big one becuase you know if they lose it'll start all over again. After the Colts win they will have to find a new player to say can't win the big one and i hope and pray it's in the NFC

Stop looking back at the 85 BEARS - Thats stupid,if you were alive back then you would know that ALL those guys were just a bunch of arrogant jerks,this team has really no bigmouths and plays hard nosed football and deserve where they are,Stop whining about the SB 21 years ago and get real,Rex Grossman is no McMahon,he took bashing all year from the media and stats experts but put it aside to put his team in position to win a world championship-respect them - AND BETTER YET,F--K THE COLTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....

I wish the Pats would have routed the Colts in the AFCCG like the title of this thread implies...I think. :confused:

After all those insipid Payton Manning commercials, I can't root for him...Ever! (I know Brady had commercials before and hosted SNL and all that). If Manning wins, it will only get worse. Payton is having a HOF carreer with HOF WR's and a HOF TE. Brady is doing more with street free agents and cast-offs. Who's the better QB?

I was going to start a thread: ARE WE ALL BEARS FANS NOW?

I'm rooting for the Colts. I take pride in the assumed AFC dominance over the NFC and don't want *that* Rex-Grossman-lead Bears team holding the Lombardi. But here's another reason why I want Indy to win:

Thursday night opener of 2007...New England at Indianapolis. The Pats players have to stand there and watch Indy raise their SB41 banner. I'm sure Sunday's loss will have already fueled their fire for 2007, but this game will re-ignite it for any guys who let it die down to a simmer. I want this Pats team *p1ssed* all season long. Think 1984 49ers after losing the NFCCG the year prior. Think 1985 Chicago after getting blanked in the NFCCG the year prior. The 2007 opener in Indy with all the banner hoopla will be the perfect start to kick off a season long whoopass on the rest of the league.

Regards,
Chris

All I really care about is seeing the Patriots get back to the superbowl in future years. Rooting against other teams is wasted energy to me. Accordingly, my first question is whether there is any particular result in this superbowl that will help the Patriots in future years.

I believe there is. Very few teams get back to the superbowl quickly. It's what's so amazing about what the Patriots have done in the parity era. Winning, unfortunately, breeds contentment and lack of drive, and it also promotes an atmosphere where players, and particularly free agents, feel more free to put themselves ahead of team.

I short, we only get Brady for a few more years, and I believe that our chances are better next year with a satiated rather than hungry colts team. That's all I care about. The reality is that I would gladly trade the colts winning the superbowl this year for even a 2 percent greater chance that we'll make it there next year.

Plus, I simply find it impossible to root against Tony Dungy.

No Colts rooting for me. Anyone attending the game can likely attest that their fans were down right nasty. They kept flashing a "Make it personal" message on the stadium jumbo-tron and they did every bit of that and more.

Go Bears

All I really care about is seeing the Patriots get back to the superbowl in future years. Rooting against other teams is wasted energy to me. Accordingly, my first question is whether there is any particular result in this superbowl that will help the Patriots in future years.

I believe there is. Very few teams get back to the superbowl quickly. It's what's so amazing about what the Patriots have done in the parity era. Winning, unfortunately, breeds contentment and lack of drive, and it also promotes an atmosphere where players, and particularly free agents, feel more free to put themselves ahead of team.

I short, we only get Brady for a few more years, and I believe that our chances are better next year with a satiated rather than hungry colts team. That's all I care about. The reality is that I would gladly trade the colts winning the superbowl this year for even a 2 percent greater chance that we'll make it there next year.

Plus, I simply find it impossible to root against Tony Dungy.

How many more years (for Brady)? I hope he plays as long as Elway and Montana did, if he can keep it at a high level. About that though, he can't get any slower, but he is quick enough with great pocket presence. Arms don't tend to go. The work ethic? I don't think Tom would ever let up there. I heard Tom Sr. interviewed a couple weeks ago and he said Tom would probably keep going until he had six or more rings, if he could win them. :D

Well, first and foremost, I am a football fan. There should be mutual respect between us and the Colts. The players feel that way. I am over this loss and ready to move on. However, I don't see how any Patriot fan could possibly root for the Bears. They gave us the most embarrassing loss in our history and totally disrespected us before, during and after the game. Maybe I have a longer memory than most people, but I am shocked that there are Patriot fans rooting for the Bears

I don't have the exact same motivation as you, but I still dislike the Bears for them beating the crap out of us. I might have rooted for them if the Jets or Broncos were from the AFC, though (not that that would ever happen).

I can ignore Polian. I could ignore that guy from up in Detroit, too (Millen). Those are office guys. Big f-ing deal what they say. Go Colts.

That said, I might root for the Bears. My true feelings will come out at kickoff. While I think I may be rooting for the Colts at this time, that is subject to change. It changed back when the Raiders played the Redskins. Again when the Raiders played the Bucs. I flopped from Redskins to the hated Raiders at kickoff. I went into SB37 thinking I would root for the Raiders as they were from the AFC. Wrong. Can't stand them again suddenly.

I don't see why people dislike Peyton Manning so much. He's arguably the best QB of this era. He and Brady are one and two. You can argue all day about who's better, but Manning is still a great QB and one of the best of all time. This is his one and only shot to get a ring because they aren't going to be back here again for another 30+ years. I hope he gets it.

No way on god's green earth would I root for the colts, I went to their board and congratulated them that was enough. Rooting for the colts would be like rooting for the yankees. No F'in way

I will be rooting for the Colts

for a couple of reasons.
1.) I have taken some good-natured heat on this board (once was called a Colts fan) for questioning the notions that Manning's contract will prevent the Colts from ever winning the Super Bowl, the Colts will face cap hell because of their tendency to pay Top 5 money to Top 5 players (Manning, Harrison) and that the Colts would implode this year. When the Colts win the Super Bowl, my positions on the Colts will be truly vindicated. I like being right:)
2.) The Colts fans in my section were pretty classy. Most of them lamented that Brady was given a minute to score a TD.
3.) I dislike "Da Bears" for the 1986 Super Bowl.

First off, I will always root for tradition. The Bears fans are a die hard bunch and extremely loyal. And besides, growing up I was a Sayers appreciator and Butkus fan. Colts fans? A dome team? Manning? Polian? Rules changes? Speaking of the little devil -- Polian: "The Patriots' time is over."

Well, it ain't over till it's over...and last I checked, Polian still hasn't won the big one. So what's he bragging about? :rolleyes:

Go Bears!

I have been known to say I would root for ABC - "Anybody But Colts". But Peyton Manning and Tony Dungy finally earned my respect for the way they fought back in that game. I do agree, we should have mutual respect for their team the way the players do, and AFAIK there are no big A-holes on the team (now that Vanderjerk is gone). But Bill Polian is the biggest, whiny-est, most classless jerk in the NFL. That's what stops me from rooting for them.

As far as 1985 goes, it was a long time ago and while it would have been nice for us to avenge that loss, it doesn't really do anything for me to see the Colts beat them.

Can both teams lose?
That would be my vote too! :D Does that sound spiteful? Actually, it's not true - I just don't really care who wins at this point. I probably won't even watch the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back