PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why we should be routing for the Colt's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill B.

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I will be rooting for the Colt's at the Super Bowl and here is why. First and foremost, I still hate the Bears for SB20. Not that we lost, but the whole Super Bowl Shuffle, disrespecting their opponents, and putting the Fridge in to score instead of Walter Peyton. I can't stand Ditka, as a coach or an announcer.

This is Manning's chance to win the SB. If he can get this last monkey off his back and win, I think that it will be such a burden off him and a releif that I don't think he will have the desire as much. If the Colts win they will be one and done, just like the Steelers, Buccaneers and Ravens. I'm tired of dealing the the Colts in the post season so, let them win it and the fade away. Then Manning will live off that one SB victory for the rest of his career, just like Brett Favre ( another one and done champion. I also admire Manning for putting the record straight and calling the Patriots "classy" after we took a week of crap from the Chargers.

That's one thing unique about Brady. Since he won it early in his career, he got a taste and desire for it that will never go away. I already can't wait for next year

I don't see how a Pats fan can root for the Colts. They just ripped our hearts out and we start throwing bouquets at them. I hope the Bears stomp them into the Miami turf until the Colts' drool all over themselves and Polian does a swan dive from the press box.

Well, first and foremost, I am a football fan. There should be mutual respect between us and the Colts. The players feel that way. I am over this loss and ready to move on. However, I don't see how any Patriot fan could possibly root for the Bears. They gave us the most embarrassing loss in our history and totally disrespected us before, during and after the game. Maybe I have a longer memory than most people, but I am shocked that there are Patriot fans rooting for the Bears

I don't see how a Pats fan can root for the Colts. They just ripped our hearts out and we start throwing bouquets at them. I hope the Bears stomp them into the Miami turf until the Colts' drool all over themselves and Polian does a swan dive from the press box.

Exactly. I hope the Colts suffer a collapse of epic proportions.

It's interesting that I've noticed the Pats fans who now want to root for Manning or the Colts all heard the same speech by Manning where he called some Pats 'classy'. I think that short speech by Manning has been clouding a lot of their judgement!!

I'm not rooting for the Colts. Because :

- I hate them.
- I hate them.
- If the Bears win at least I can think "maybe they would have beaten us".
- I hate them.

i also have no idea how any of you can root for the damn Colts..

I would like nothing more than the Colts to choke...

i appreciate Manning's speech, BUT that's not enough for me to root for them, them losing the SB( don't think it will happen), will the best irony of the whole season:)

I'd root for the Colts if I was related to NaPolianning,but I'm not so for the first time since I can remember,I will root for the NFC. An NFC win is good for football,and a Colts loss is even better.
There is no way I would want to see a franchise like the Colts succeed.They are the antichrist of football. As lowly as Rex may be on the QB scale,at least that team plays the game.
A Colts win will have strange consequences down the road,and if they begin to dominate? :nono:

I think you are missing the point I was trying to make. I have no love of the Colts either, but I hate Chicago more. After we see two weeks of highlights from the 85 Bears we all will sick of it.

But I say let Manning win one and then, I believe the Colts will fade away to mediocrate, just like the Steelers, Ravens, and Buccaneers. With extra draft picks I see the Pats reloading and being a top contender again.

I know. I hate Polian. But I do respect guys like Manning, Freeney, and Harrison. Patriot fans rooting for the Bears just seems wrong.

I think you are missing the point I was trying to make. I have no love of the Colts either, but I hate Chicago more. After we see two weeks of highlights from the 85 Bears we all will sick of it.
I'm with ya, brother. But you'll never explain it to guys who didn't live through Superbowl XX.

Besides, that was a nice move by Manning calling the Pats a classy organization, when he could have rubbed it in.

So he gets a one-game bye with me.

I'm sorry that Polian will win one, but I still hope Manning beats the Bears. Besides, they are going to win no matter who we root for :D

I'm not sure where I stand on this.:rofl:

I lived through the 85 Bears killing us. I remember it well. But that was NOT this Bears team and this Pats team. So I can get past that.

Whereas THIS Colts team beat our Pats team in a truly craptastic fashion. And Polian is a freakin' psycho. Plus, if they win, there will be the big media push that the Colts of this decade may be greater than the Pats....you know there will be. You just know it.

GO BEARS.

Last edited:
I can't root for either of these teams. Let the best team win on Sunday.

Can't root for a rival team like the Colts and can't root for a team that represents the worst superbowl loss in Pats history. So whoever it goes to will deserve the win but I'm sure the winning fans will be obnoxious for the next year at least.

Do you have any idea how ****y the Colts and their fans would get with a win. Do you have any idea how much more bootlicking the media darling Colts would get with a win? I can't stand either team really. If the Bears win it will be in spite of Rex Grossman and because their defense is the best in football. That's about it.

I'd like to think I will root for the colts so Manning can get his ring...

However ... I think the Bears are going to crush them.

The Bears can and will shut down their running game and Dallas Clark. Marvin Harrison has always sucked in playoffs ... that leaves 1 guy to throw to ... is reggie up to being a superstar???

I respect what the Colts were able to accomplish coming back against the Pats on Sunday.

I respect Marvin Harrison.

I even have developed a grudging respect for Peyton Manning.

But as far as I'm concerned, **** the Colts, and most especially **** Polian. I hope a miracle happens and the Bears crush the Colts.

A Bears' win hurts but a Colts win will last forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes